Transportation Down South to Florida

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Transportation Down South to Florida

I've been asking around to see if anyone was able to take riders down to Florida, and I have found one solution. Barry Gilsenan from Celtic Racing has an 18 wheeler and can transport bikes for riders. Here's the basic deal, the more riders we get the cheaper it is to go down there.

I think that this would work if we got 10 riders for an event. Rough math to Homestead: 3000 mile round trip. If your truck gets 10mpg, you burn 300 gallons at $4/gallon - $1200. The rounding up covers the tolls,etc. So, if 10 guys can do it, it's $450 per bike round trip from Nayak, NY. The bikes will get there Thursday night and will be there for the school Saturday & Sunday. Celtic will bring them back north starting Sunday night with an expected arrival of Tuesday.

This provides reasonable transport costs and avoids the hassle of driving 30 hours down there. If 5 guys do it, it's $900 per bike....if 15 do it, it's $300 per bike.

If anyone is interested for December 2nd....let me know and we'll start the list here. We also may have this available for February as well. No one is committed if they say they want to do it at this point...it takes the group approval.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Transportation Down South to Florida

I am certainly interested, Eric. I hope we can can get some clarity soon on whether or not this is going to happen so I can plan for the trip. Time is screaming by and I will have to fly down to make the Dec 2 date.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Re: Transportation Down South to Florida

Understood....and I suspect that it may be tight for this date. However, you are the first in line and if you put the word out there that this is available it possible that it can work.