Survey - Mid Sized Tire Warmer

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Survey - Mid Sized Tire Warmer

Just reaching out to see the interest. Woodcraft is considering making a new warmer size designed specifically for LW and ULW bikes. The thought is that it would work with rear tires ranging from 130-160, covering all the standard tires for Formula 300, SV's, Ninja 650's, Motards, etc. Our larger tire warmers have always worked on the tires from 160-200, but once you get down below that you start to get a lot of overlap and extra material. We welcome thoughts from anyone who has one of these bikes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Survey - Mid Sized Tire Warmer

I'm in that camp, ULW machine sporting a 165 Bridgestone slick. I'm still running ye-olde Tire Bakers 'cause modern warmers are just physically too thick to squeeze on the bike. Something that accomodates 'fat guy in a skinny swingarm' syndrome would be awesome. Oddly, I don't think my motard will have any clearance issues?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I would definitely like this to happen. I've run the one-size-fits-all woodcrafts on a motard (dunlop slick) and on my SV (dunlop DOT) and there is definitely too much material... it bunches up and gets dragged across the chain in the rear and the fender in the front. It's caused wear, stitching to come out, skirt to pull/unravel from the main warmer, etc.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I'm not even racing anymore but i think it would be a great product to offer

Paul_E_D

I would be in favor for the new size on my SV. Glad I'm a LTF member.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

You know my stance, Eric. I would buy a set for next season in an instant. The side skirt got in the way on the rear of yz, but it impossible to use on the kx for some reason.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

I'm sure you would sell a bunch to the "imusthavethepropersizeeverything" crowd, but I never had a problem with the standard size on any of my small-tire bikes.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Grom and Mini Warmers too Please...................

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I'm sure you would sell a bunch to the "imusthavethepropersizeeverything" crowd, but I never had a problem with the standard size on any of my small-tire bikes.
    ^ same here, my standard Woodcrafts fit my SV, both Kawi 650 bikes, and even my WR250X just fine(tire sizes ranging from 150/60-180/60). I also wonder how many respondents who are into the idea would be willing to buy another set of tire warmers to get the right size? (even assuming they could sell their existing ones for fair used value)

rides bikes

A little late to this discussion, but it's very interesting.

Given the popularity of those classes around the country, I'm sure there is a market, however, most of those guys have full-size warmers that work well-enough, so you're unlikely to convince them to buy a new set that fit better. I would definitely encourage you to build them if you can handle the additional SKUs and inventory, but you would probably only be selling them to new racers (who don't buy a used set), or racers who are looking to replace their current set.

Another opportunity is for the vintage bikes. I don't think they're too common around here, but when I was racing in Portland it was one of the biggest classes. All of those guys on 175s, 350's, 2 strokes, etc. end up riding their bikes all over the pits before races trying to get any heat into their tires. Inevitably a few crash due to cold tires. Unfortunately, those guys are all cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I'm not even racing anymore but i think it would be a great product to offer
    Why no more racing?

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

I'd be a buyer.

It's not a necessary product by any means but I like details and would add it to the kit.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.