Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

22 Pairs of Gloves, 3 Jackets, 1 Pair of Overpants

rides bikes

22 Pairs of Gloves, 3 Jackets, 1 Pair of Overpants

Some might say I have too much moto gear...I call those people my wife.

Most of this stuff is brand new, or maybe worn 2-3 times. Almost all of the gloves are men's large. All of the jackets are men's large. The pants are probably a large (I wear a 34 and they fit over jeans).

Gloves:
    Everything is men's large except for #14 (W's L), #15 (W's XS), #16 (W's M), #17 (M's M), #20 (M's M) and #21 (M's M). #18 have been crashed in, but no holes (these are absolutely the best gloves I have ever owned + you can tell your friends they crashed in the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca). #22 are decently warm, but you would want something better if you ride all winter (they're dry though).

Attachment 48266
    Attachment 48268
    Attachment 48265
    Attachment 48267

Jackets:
    Neither of these two come with armor. The red one has a full zip-in liner (it's hanging out in the photo because it's not actually attached). The black one has zip-off sleeves, so it's sick for summer stuntin' brah!
    Attachment 48272Attachment 48271Attachment 48270Attachment 48269

Last jacket is my DKR jacket. I've been wearing this for 3 winters. Super warm, waterproof, comfy. This one has actually seen some use and it's a little beat up. I would continue to wear it this winter, but I have a new one on the way (identical jacket, that's how good it is). I'm not letting this go before Monday (the 30th) when my new one shows up. Don't have a real picture. Will come with all of the D3O armor.
    Attachment 48273

Pants:
    Size large/34 textile overpants. Nothing special. Have some vents.
    Attachment 48274Attachment 48275

As you may have guessed, I used to work for one of these companies. As such, most of these pieces are samples and come with caveats. If you can agree to them, help yourself. If not, move along.
    1) You absolutely cannot attempt to claim any warranties, return anything to a store, post pictures to a manufacturer's FB page, etc. They will instantly be ID'd as samples and the fun will be over.
    2) You cannot re-sell anything. I don't care about the money, it's more about enforcing #1.
    3) If you don't want it anymore, throw it away or give it back to me.

I live in Salem and work in Cambridge. Pick up at either spot works for me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 22 Pairs of Gloves, 3 Jackets, 1 Pair of Overpants

Great post .

Very generous of you and your wife.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

I'm very interested in Glove #1 and #2 (or possibly #18 due to the endorsement). And might be willing to take a ride on Saturday. It would certainly be worth while.

But I'd also like to try on a few of them if I'm going to make the trip anyway.

Would you be willing to part with multiple pairs to a friendly, interested, party? (and if an opportunity to drive a 1LE SS Camaro helped make your decision, it could be arranged...) And would you mind PM'ing me your cel # and we can chat further?

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    I'm very interested in Glove #1 and #2 (or possibly #18 due to the endorsement). And might be willing to take a ride on Saturday. It would certainly be worth while.

Would you be willing to part with multiple pairs to a friendly, interested, party? (and if an opportunity to drive a 1LE SS Camaro helped make your decision, it could be arranged...) And would you mind PM'ing me your cel # and we can chat further?
    Try 'em all on and take as many as you want. #1 and #2 are basically the same, but one has ti knuckles. I raced in the same gloves for years and loved them.

I'll shoot you a message.

You around on Saturday? Not sure what my plans are, but I could possibly head south on the bike instead of North... I could use a pair of proper street gloves instead of the MX gloves I've been wearing lately.

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    You around on Saturday? Not sure what my plans are, but I could possibly head south on the bike instead of North... I could use a pair of proper street gloves instead of the MX gloves I've been wearing lately.
    Yeah, I'll be in and out. If I'm not home I can leave a box out and you can pick through or something.

Like I mentioned to GixerJockey, I live in Salem and it's almost Halloween, so this weekend promises to be an absolute clusterfuck. You may want to pick another time unless you absolutely love Halloween.

Agreed you need proper street gloves. MX gloves, Mechanix, etc. all have clarino or fake suede palms which might as well explode on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Yeah, I'll be in and out. If I'm not home I can leave a box out and you can pick through or something.

Like I mentioned to GixerJockey, I live in Salem and it's almost Halloween, so this weekend promises to be an absolute clusterfuck. You may want to pick another time unless you absolutely love Halloween.

Agreed you need proper street gloves. MX gloves, Mechanix, etc. all have clarino or fake suede palms which might as well explode on impact.
    Yea... was talking with the GF and it makes a decent excuse to go down that way for the halloween stuff, she had mentioned going anyway. Well aware the MX gloves are useless as far as protection goes, thus the thought haha. I'll shoot you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post

So Noel's garage is now a place for motorcycles and gloves to die.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    So Noel's garage is now a place for motorcycles and gloves to die.
    shut your dirty whore mouth

PM sent about the red jacket!

Edit: It turns out to be way similar to one I already have. Oops!

Last edited by dontpanic; 10-29-17 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Providing opportunity for others (jacket seems really really nice).
    Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Do those pants do anything for keeping you warm on cold mornings?

Steven

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Do those pants do anything for keeping you warm on cold mornings?
    Not beyond being another layer. Might help block the wind a little.

rides bikes

Still have all of this stuff. Will he in Salem all day if anyone wants to try anything on.

rides bikes

Bump! Still got most of this stuff. Need to re-inventory, but let me know if you're interested in anything.

rides bikes

Most gloves are gone, but the circled ones are available!

Attachment 48921

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Last jacket is my DKR jacket. I've been wearing this for 3 winters. Super warm, waterproof, comfy. This one has actually seen some use and it's a little beat up. I would continue to wear it this winter, but I have a new one on the way (identical jacket, that's how good it is). I'm not letting this go before Monday (the 30th) when my new one shows up. Don't have a real picture. Will come with all of the D3O armor.
    Attachment 48273
    i have the previous version of this jacket (Raiden) and its very warm and bombproof. i also have the next gen (UX) and i like that as well. icon jackets seem to run a little small though. I got my Raiden in a 2x which is a little big, but a XL was too snug. I developed a complex when i had to get the UX in a 3x though.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i have the previous version of this jacket (Raiden) and its very warm and bombproof. i also have the next gen (UX) and i like that as well. icon jackets seem to run a little small though. I got my Raiden in a 2x which is a little big, but a XL was too snug. I developed a complex when i had to get the UX in a 3x though.
    I crashed in mine today! Held up great.

We always got complaints that the gear ran too big, but that's always compared to the Euro brands.