Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner

FREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner

I recently had mini-split air conditioners installed in my house so I removed this air conditioner which was mounted through a wall. It's a Frigidaire model FAM187S2A 18,500 BTU unit that will cool about 1,100 square feet. It did a fine job of cooling my living room, dining room and kitchen since I bought it from Lowes in June of 2008. A new one would run you over $600. It still works great and would probably be good for a garage or workshop as well as a house.

It has a 230 volt 30 amp power cord so it needs a 230 volt receptacle. Since it was mounted through the wall I don't have the window mounting kit but that may still be available from Frigidaire. I have the owners manual and remote control.

It is 23.5" wide and 17.8" tall. I don't know how much it weighs but it's probably around 100lbs. I have a couple other bedroom sized units that I'm willing to give away too. Pics are the big one.

It can be picked up in Bolton MA.

FREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner-img_0991-jpgFREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner-img_0992-jpg FREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner-img_0995-jpgFREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner-img_0989-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tom M; 07-17-19 at 06:28 AM.

Re: FREE: Frigidaire 18,500 BTU window or wall mounted air conditioner

Not to hijack your thread Tom, but I'd like to know more about your mini-split. We're looking to get one in a 400 sq. ft. room to supplement the addition to the house that doesn't have our central A/C vented to it.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Are the smaller units 110V? Clear a 32" window?

I just bought a big 14k unit. But wifey wants a smaller unit (or two) for the bedrooms. But we do not have 220V service to any of these rooms.

Hi Stoneman,
    What do you want to know? Here's a summary of my system;
    I had five Mitsubishi mini-splits installed this past March, one for each bedroom and an 18k unit for the living room/dining room/ kitchen area. They all tie into a branch box in my basement which is connected to a single outdoor unit that's both a heat pump and an AC unit. Each of the heads can be controlled by either hand held remote controls or through a phone app because I had a "Kumo Cloud" controller installed with the system. That's tied into my FHW oil burner so it uses the heat pump for heating down to 28 degrees then switches to the oil burner because it's more efficient below 28. I got a bunch of rebates through MassSave which won't help you being in NH. So far so good with the new system.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Are the smaller units 110V? Clear a 32" window?

I just bought a big 14k unit. But wifey wants a smaller unit (or two) for the bedrooms. But we do not have 220V service to any of these rooms.
    Hi Bubba,
    The smaller units are both 110v and would easily clear a 32" window. I don't have the window mounting kits for them either. They're both probably 10 or so years old but they still work. They were probably $100 or so new but they are pretty old now. I can give you more info tonight if you're really interested.

Lifer

Yeah. Smaller ~5k units aren't terribly expensive.
    But if it avoids something going into a landfill and savesabuck.. Maybe?! Don't sweat it.
    Catch is going to be me getting your way. Time is kind of hard to come by these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Yeah. Smaller ~5k units aren't terribly expensive.
    But if it avoids something going into a landfill and savesabuck.. Maybe?! Don't sweat it.
    Catch is going to be me getting your way. Time is kind of hard to come by these days.
    I live in Bolton MA but I work in Salem NH. If you really want them we could probably work something out. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

Lifer

Oh, sweet. We can totally make that work then.