Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Free tools.... With a twist.

Lifer

Free tools.... With a twist.

So I have come to realize I don't need 14 of everything so I'm going through all my tools and only keeping what I need. What I want to do is give my old ones to someone that needs them and won't sell them on Facebook next week. Maybe someone's kid or someone just starting out with mechanics. I do not want them to go to someone that can just go out and buy everything they want.

Most of the tools are craftsman (old stuff ,which is better) but I saw some metco and snk stuff in there as well. Tons of sockets, wrenches, ratchets screw drivers etc. It's all a mess because I'm just tossing into a few toolboxes I have lying around but I would imagine you could build several sets of tools from them. There are some brand new tools in there as well like a compression tester. I might toss in some air tools as well. I still need to go to my other house and go through the garage but I would say there is probably two biggish tool boxes full of stuff in total. It's all good stuff but I noticed rust on a few sockets which I why I decided to go through everything and get rid of things I will never use.

I should have everything sorted by next week so keep an eye out for anyone that needs them. I'm in Sturbridge and by Albany NY so they can be picked up in either place if I have a little notice. I might possibly be able to drop them off as well if it's near my usual travel circles

12 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Free tools.... With a twist.

I’m by no means a mechanic and for the most part when I need a tool I ll just go and buy it.
    But I could use some sockets and ratchets for one of the equipment trucks.
    Not sure how you ll break them down and what not and I’m sure there may be others with more need than me so I can be a stand by option. Pretty close to sturbridge if I end up grabbing a few.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Cool. I think it's mostly 1\4 and 3\8 drive stuff. Maybe a few 1\2 stuff but not much. Lots of craftsman and husky with those. I will see what I have at my other house and I might be able to build you a set or two. The person I'm giving stuff too also doesn't need 8 of everything so it's no big deal if I can do it.

metric or SAE? a loaded toolbox full of vintage metric sockets goes for $$$$$. SAE is dead to newbies unless they're working on a vintage vehicle.

If you have leftovers is there a MakerSpace nearby?

I have a younger cousin just getting out of UTI for motorbikes that could use these if you still have some. The kid has an adjustment wrench and some pliers for the most part. I’d be happy to come out to Sturbridge next week to grab some things for home. He’s still down in FL in class until April.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So I’m finally getting a large rented space for my business. and so I could start my 2nd business which is a DIY Motorcycle Garage. I literally came on here to see if anybody would be interested in hanging out or need to use it.

I need extra tools to fill another bench. My goal is to show people how to do basic motorcycle maintenance give people a place to come together, work on projects, build a community of motorcycle centric people down in South East CT.

I’m also using the space to build more mobile bars for my business I have enough tools for one person but would like to separate it out so there’s basic hand tools always in another spot.

I dunno if that seems interesting let me know!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    metric or SAE? a loaded toolbox full of vintage metric sockets goes for $$$$$. SAE is dead to newbies unless they're working on a vintage vehicle.
    It's a mix but I would say it probably leans more towards sae. A good chunk of the tools are from the 80s or 90s when things were not so foreign.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Crconnor18 View Post
    I have a younger cousin just getting out of UTI for motorbikes that could use these if you still have some. The kid has an adjustment wrench and some pliers for the most part. I’d be happy to come out to Sturbridge next week to grab some things for home. He’s still down in FL in class until April.
    This could work. As long as he is worthy and needs them. I'm not sure I will have them all collected until later next week though, I need to get up to my other house to go through that collection.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Beinggodisgreat View Post
    So I’m finally getting a large rented space for my business. and so I could start my 2nd business which is a DIY Motorcycle Garage. I literally came on here to see if anybody would be interested in hanging out or need to use it.

I need extra tools to fill another bench. My goal is to show people how to do basic motorcycle maintenance give people a place to come together, work on projects, build a community of motorcycle centric people down in South East CT.

I’m also using the space to build more mobile bars for my business I have enough tools for one person but would like to separate it out so there’s basic hand tools always in another spot.

I dunno if that seems interesting let me know!
    A noble cause but not quite what I'm looking for. I would love to know more about your business though as I'm sure others on here would as well.

I will take everything you have in 10mm. I will tie them to candy canes and hand them out to jr mechanics around the area during the holidays!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!