Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Craving a weiner

Craving a weiner

Have you ever had a food craving that you just couldn;t satisfy?

I went for a ride today , southern central mass and into CT.

had the heat on in the morning as it was still pretty chilly

I managed to find some good dirt roads and with all the snow and Ice , it was a good work out , which was getting me hungry .

there was a lot of maple sugar taps all over the place , mmmmmmm maple syrup , but what I really want is a hot dog .

I tried to fill up on water and some snacks I had in my tank bag but I just couldn't shake the craving for one of those hot dogs you get from the road side trucks . It was getting late in the afternoon , and I couldn't find any of those trucks that you see everywhere when you are not hungry .
    I ended up settling for wendys as the hunger was just taking over. I felt better and was back on my way, wouldn;t you know it 4 miles further up the road was a hot dog truck , and he was open for business, but I wasn;t in the mood anymore.

But atleast now I kinow where I can find a weiner when I want one

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Lifer

Re: Craving a weiner

CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

After all that, still no dick joke?

Caseys in Natick! Great Weiners!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Kevin Cameron your not. But I liked it cause you put yourself out there. Took a risk. Do not listen to naysayers. Thanks for the post. And nice pictures.

Last edited by Rambunctous; 03-08-10 at 08:46 AM.

I've be known to request to stop at any and all hot dog stands along the route of a ride.

Sean, I feel your yearning. I am in a constant state of "decent weiner wantism".

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    Caseys in Natick! Great Weiners!
    problem was I was no where near natick .

I know where to find weiners in lots of places , just not in the area I was at the time, but now I do .

Hey wait, great business opportunity , open a weiner stand in the middle of no where .

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

A little off topic here but thought i'd ask. Ive been looking to get a adv. bike this year and it seems that you've put some time on your KLR. Any regrets in the purchase? Seems to be the most economical way into the adventure biking world.

It depends on what you want to do with your ADV bike , I have had several .

Be honest with your self on your intentions .
    I have had
    DR650
    DRZ400
    Vstrom 1000

current bikes
    Wr250
    KlR650
    what do you want to do with the bike ?

the smaller displacement bikes are good for more off road stuff , trails and what not with the street legal ability to link the trail sections together legally that is what I have the WR250 for and what the drz400 was for .

If you want to do a lot of twistie pavement with dirt roads thrown in , get the bigger displacment bikes, v strom 1000, BMW GS 1200 , KTM950 etc. though if you have the skills and the crash protection you can take these off road with the right tires .

If you want to be able to rip up the twisties, do dirt roads and some double wide trails , all be it slowly , go for the KLR650 or the DR650 Bmw gs 650 .
    the DR 650 is more trail worthy than the other 2 but not quite as good as a 400 or smaller .
    the KLR is the swiss army knife of bikes , it will do it all , but not the best at any of it .
    It is one of the most fun bikes I have owned , and I will probably continue to keep one in the garage. there is an extensive aftermarket for it , and you can select tires for it depending on what you plan to do with it, full on knobby for off road only , a 50/50 for mixed terrain , or an 80 /20 for more pavement type stuff.

My best memory is when I had my DR650 , I showed up for a NESR ride with a bunch of sport bikes, a few of them liter bikes, they looked at me like I had 2 heads , showing up on a sport bike ride with a dual sport . I ended up leading them through a few twistie back roads in the country , I was able to pull so far ahead of them that I had time to pull over , take my helmet off and wave them into the parking lot, a few of them said right off the bat that they would be buying a dual sport as their next bike. What the smaller ADV bikes lack in HP they make up for in handling and the fact that they are lite and flickable , you will not pull away with shear power , but the fun factor is there.

As I said in the begining, be honest with your self about your intentions.

The KLR will not do 100 mph all day long like a sport bike.
    it will not be a good bike to ride single track all day .

It will be good on the highway for a while , it is good on the dirt roads , you can take it on trails, but it is a good work out . you can go 300 miles on a tank of gas.
    If you desire , you like many can go around the world one and have a great time .

for the money , you can't beat the KLR

Good luck

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Well I think im more or less leaning towards a bike for dirt road use, street legal to allow for road riding to. I have a KTM motard that I found was the funnest damn thing to take on the dirt roads, even with the road tires. Just the lack of cars and scenery made me want to get off the pavement. I will still have the R1 for the road rides so a adv. bike more geared for the road is not what im looking for.

The main bikes I was looking into was the BMW800gs, but that would require me trading in my R1. Also ive heard theyve been a little quirky.
    Then the KLR due to the price when buying used and seems like it would be a fun bike on the dirt roads. I'd say my biggest question is it a total dog? I am not looking to do 80 but a little bark down low is fun on the dirt. Get that much out of a tank huh? Beats the 60 miles on the KTM or the 100 on the R1.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    Well I think im more or less leaning towards a bike for dirt road use, street legal to allow for road riding to. I have a KTM motard that I found was the funnest damn thing to take on the dirt roads, even with the road tires. Just the lack of cars and scenery made me want to get off the pavement. I will still have the R1 for the road rides so a adv. bike more geared for the road is not what im looking for.

The main bikes I was looking into was the BMW800gs, but that would require me trading in my R1. Also ive heard theyve been a little quirky.
    Then the KLR due to the price when buying used and seems like it would be a fun bike on the dirt roads. I'd say my biggest question is it a total dog? I am not looking to do 80 but a little bark down low is fun on the dirt. Get that much out of a tank huh? Beats the 60 miles on the KTM or the 100 on the R1.
    I wouldn't call it a dog, but it isn't a wheelie king either , I am sure there are performance mods to pep it up a bit , But the stealthy quietness is good when you are not necessarily where you are supposed to be.
    If you like doing 50 on a dirt road (which is pretty fast for a twistie dirt road) and 70 is okay for the pavement , then you'll like the KLR.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post

I had a KLR with a Big Gun Exhaust and drilled airbox. The power was awesome and it was a great bike. Tearing up the local dirt roads seemed so illegal.

And....yea. It was loud.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!