Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Boston Parking (financial district)

Boston Parking (financial district)

Hey guys,
    Not sure how many of you work down @ the financial district, but for those who are still working down there.

Are you guys still riding in, and if you are where are you guys parking? It's kind of BS but they started to lift covers and tickets EVERYTHING... And I'm wondering how that Red GSXR is parking there all the time and not getting ticketed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Boston Parking (financial district)

Quote Originally Posted by Driftine46 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Not sure how many of you work down @ the financial district, but for those who are still working down there.

Are you guys still riding in, and if you are where are you guys parking? It's kind of BS but they started to lift covers and tickets EVERYTHING... And I'm wondering how that Red GSXR is parking there all the time and not getting ticketed.
    I ride in sometimes. I got one $100 ticket last year for being too close to the hydrant, other than that I've never received a ticket.

Btw, anyone with a ducati streetfigther or 1098 that parks on Pearl street on the forum by any chance?

Current:
    00 Aprilia RSV-R

Past:
    06 R6
    05 R6
    97 Honda F3

I got a 65$ ticket for parking along a strip near chinatown where a ton of other bikes park, I havent ridden in since.

I don't ride in anymore because Boston gives out too many tickets, the pedestrians walk EVERYWHERE and the noise ordinance with offenders receiving a $300 ticket. Save yourself the headache and take the T.

Kawasaki rider

Lifer

I can say downtown boston Chinatown, the best place to park it is by the legal seafoods at park plaza. It's a huge bike rack that mostly occupies scooters and motorcycles.. and the occaisional bicycle I used to park by my work in Tufts, but then they started to put up signs for "no motorized bikes" and started to leave nice friendly notes. What jerks!

Same problem.. Its really a bunch off bs that they lift my cover, which is held tight around my tires and frame, and leave it up in the pouring rain. Undoubtedly not lifting it properly and yanking on my exhaust and other hard parts. I'm going to appeal my most recent $75 ticket for 'no standing zone'. Clearly not labels as such.. Its ridiculous to allow scooters on sidewalks and not bikes. I was parking along ave de lafayette, near the paramount on a HUGE sidewalk. There's no way I'm blocking anyone... Have sucked it up as taking the T to work.

Sorry forbeing short, my company just blocked the forum so now I'm on my phone. FML.

I haven't had any problems parking (1) on Pearl St (between Purchase and High) and (2) on High St (between Oliver and Batterymarch).

In fact, I haven't seen tickets on any other bikes when parking or leaving, but then again I've only ridden in about 5 times.

/s/ Dustin
    LRRS #767
    '09 R6 / '11 848 Evo / '99 RS250

Quote Originally Posted by Ituen View Post
    I don't ride in anymore because Boston gives out too many tickets, the pedestrians walk EVERYWHERE and the noise ordinance with offenders receiving a $300 ticket. Save yourself the headache and take the T.
    Do you know of anyone that's gotten a noise ticket? Open pipe Harleys are still riding up Columbia Blvd to the beach every day: never seen one stopped.

I can't help but ride in Boston, since I live there. I think things have gotten better, not worse. The motorcycle-only slots are a breakthrough and there are some other changes we're working on.

I ride in the city all the time, only have a slip on exhaust...haven't been stopped yet, and hopefully never do get stopped.

I mean the whole noise ordinance is BS, there's hoopdies all over the city with their exhausts beat to shit and half falling off making more noise than my bike or a harley...If we get ticketed cars should be to.

2005 Yamaha R6

Parking services only started cracking down recently, like in the past month, in my part of town. Its a gamble, tickets are issued maybe 15% of the time now. So I'm not surprised you made it without a ticket those five times. Was it recently? Were you on the street at a meter out were you on a sidewalk?

I've never heard of anyone getting hassled about noise. That sounds ridiculous as well.

And yes, the motorcycle only spots are a step in the right direction. Except for the fact that the majority of them are taken by scooter drivers who could park on the sidewalk, for free, without worrying about being ticketed. And, they are only on newbury st so far, so no help for me commuting downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by microbrew View Post
    And yes, the motorcycle only spots are a step in the right direction. Except for the fact that the majority of them are taken by scooter drivers who could park on the sidewalk, for free, without worrying about being ticketed. And, they are only on newbury st so far, so no help for me commuting downtown.
    Also Boylston and one of the cross streets.

Commissioner Tinlin is from Southie, I'm going to buttonhole him about this more motorcycle parking. There are lots of spaces where they could add meters for motorcycle-only use.

Parking enforcement seems all over the map. I park my bike on the sidewalk all the time, never get ticketed. A guy on 8th St has been ticketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmian525 View Post
    I ride in the city all the time, only have a slip on exhaust...haven't been stopped yet, and hopefully never do get stopped.

I mean the whole noise ordinance is BS, there's hoopdies all over the city with their exhausts beat to shit and half falling off making more noise than my bike or a harley...If we get ticketed cars should be to.
    No lie. There's a guy in Southie with a chopper who lives about half a mile away, on the other side of a hill. I can hear this damned bike that far away! And hear him ride it up Broadway. I want to have a chat.....

Last edited by Garandman; 08-12-10 at 02:07 PM.

Honestly your best bet if you want free parking and no tickets downtown...throw the bike in an ally

2005 Yamaha R6

Talking Re: Boston Parking (financial district)

Quote Originally Posted by Rmian525 View Post
    Honestly your best bet if you want free parking and no tickets downtown...throw the bike in an alley
    and pray it's still there and you come back.

Kawasaki rider

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...euil-hall.html

Everyone check out this forum. still the season to ride lol

Green Black White 09' Kawasaki Ninja 250R