Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Czysz, I admire you...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: Czysz, I admire you...

Sad story but awesome the way he is approaching it. Sometimes I wish I could approach life a little more that way.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wow. I had no idea Michael Czysz was sick, or that he'd shut down MotoCzysz. Really sorry to hear both, as I always had deep admiration for the guy and what he was trying to achieve. But the way he's living what remains of his life is even more impressive.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

I feel for him and his family.

but honestly, I was never a fan. Something about him always rubbed me the wrong way.

Have you ever met him? I have. He stopped what he was doing, shook my hand and engaged me in conversation.

He's a very likeable guy in person. He's been portrayed poorly by some in the media who's paychecks were signed by the big 4 through the years...

I hope he has one more creative solution up his sleeve.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Nope, never met him. I've watched every documentary he's been in and always came off with a big ol' chip on his shoulder.

Wow. Sad story, especially the part about his sons...

The motorcycle and even the entire gearhead/tinkerer/anything's possible communities will be weaker without him around. I dunno, not writing him off yet. These things pop up out of thin air and sometimes vanish the same way. Not looking good though.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Nope, never met him. I've watched every documentary he's been in and always came off with a big ol' chip on his shoulder.
    Of course he has a chip on his shoulder, you don't take on Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Ducati without having giant balls, tons of money and a whole f'ing bag of chips on your shoulder. Do you just hate risk takers and success? I'm kidding, a little.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Kind of this. Although from most accounts Britten maintained humility from the start... but generally speaking those who change the status quo kind of require a chip on their shoulder. I don't hold it against him, just didn't seem the most genuine guy at the point in time when I met him. But he was on the ups then, early days and just as they were switching to electrics. I doubt he was happy the 990 never gained competitiveness and had to be shelved... either way, I can't help but admire his efforts and be a bit jealous he had the means to pursue them. Nothing I can hold against him at all, and certainly a chip on one's shoulder doesn't factor into his current situation or how the motorcycling community will be worse off without him.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    Of course he has a chip on his shoulder, you don't take on Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Ducati without having giant balls, tons of money and a whole f'ing bag of chips on your shoulder. Do you just hate risk takers and success? I'm kidding, a little.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Agreed with Scotti-To-Hottie...

I don't hate the guy. I was just never a "fan". He's never struck me as a "Likable" guy.

I've hung around with some heavy hitters in the race world. Kevin Schwantz for example. He was one of the most likable guys ive ever met. And I'm a huge fan, partly because if it.

Posting Freak

Great read. Sad. Ive followed his career and admired his work. Stood behind him in line waiting for tickets at the Indy Mile years ago but felt embarrased to shake his hand.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that

Sad and strange parallel to Britten. Your must have to be terminally ill to have the balls to innovate these days or something?

Paul_E_D