Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2001 Triumph Sprint ST

Littering and........

2001 Triumph Sprint ST

I'm trying to help a friend sell this, he bought it with virtually no knowledge of motorcycles and refers to it as a "crotch rocket". Says it hurts his knees and he wants a cruiser. I dunno.

2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 46k miles, Pirelli rubber, Throttlemeister, heated grips, plugs for heated gear, three hard bags in decent shape. I've ridden this bike, and it runs strong, handles well, and is ready to eat a whole bunch more miles. I think it could use a throttle body sync, the throttle response isn't perfect, but it runs out strong and pulls hard.

Its a nice bike. Call Joe Bissonette at 802-578-4311, he's open to cash offers and trades. Asking $2700 OBO.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2001 Triumph Sprint ST

still available?

theres just something about a blue bike

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    still available?
    Ha, I saw this post got bumped and was going to pass it on to you. These are great bikes.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

me? looking for bikes? perish the thought!

Littering and........

Yeah, its collecting dust in Joe's barn. Make him an offer, he'd love to get rid of it.

SOLD, to me. good bike. has almost 57k miles though, rear tire needed replacing, so did the chain and sprockets, something is loose in the fuel tank, so I'll check that out too. air filter is yellow but doesnt look cloggeg. horn harness broken, rear hugger mostly broken, one tail light out.

so, it will all be good to go hopefully when my c/s get in. nothing big deal, and a very good bike with very good power. sleepy throttle was merely year old gas, the common too weak fuel pressure (fixed with a hammer), and stock WAY too tall gearing (19/43). some seafoam will clean up the tops of the valves, which will help too, and the tank has been drained and fresh gas added, a cable will throw a new map on it and some fun with tubing will make a shorty muffler. that will bring me up past stock horsepower, 18/45 sprocket will make a wheelie monster with 147mph top speed. might add a little diameter to the throttle tube as well, to quicken the response.

some springs and fresh suspension oil up front and thats sorted for the winter, update to cartridge forks soon on it, and a hand rebuild of the rear shock with a 1100lbs spring and goldvalve will give my corners back.

SOLD, to me. good bike. has almost 57k miles though, rear tire needed replacing, so did the chain and sprockets, something is loose in the fuel tank, so I'll check that out too. air filter is yellow but doesnt look cloggeg. horn harness broken, rear hugger mostly broken, one tail light out.

so, it will all be good to go hopefully when my c/s get in. nothing big deal, and a very good bike with very good power. sleepy throttle was merely year old gas, the common too weak fuel pressure (fixed with a hammer), and stock WAY too tall gearing (19/43). some seafoam will clean up the tops of the valves, which will help too, and the tank has been drained and fresh gas added, a cable will throw a new map on it and some fun with tubing will make a shorty muffler. that will bring me up past stock horsepower, 18/45 sprocket will make a wheelie monster with 147mph top speed. might add a little diameter to the throttle tube as well, to quicken the response.

some springs and fresh suspension oil up front and thats sorted for the winter, update to cartridge forks soon on it, and a hand rebuild of the rear shock with a 1100lbs spring and goldvalve will give my corners back.
    I have an OBDII cable that I've used on my Sprint if you want to borrow it.

'90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpecific View Post
    I have an OBDII cable that I've used on my Sprint if you want to borrow it.
    oh yes that would be excellent. making the shorty muffler will take time, should be good.

Last edited by Dichotomous; 03-08-12 at 08:10 AM.

oh yes that would be excellent. making the shorty muffler will take time, but a long steel rod and a sledge will remove any baffles in the stocker and then I'll need to TOR map. should be good.
    Remind me to grab it next time you'll be at Bike Night

'90 Yamaha XT350

Littering and........

I dropped your windshield and some other stuff off at Joe's today, so he has it.

The gas in that bike was fresh as of early August, I rode it for a day and put a tank through it, didn't seem to make any difference.

It is geared stupid tall though.

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    I dropped your windshield and some other stuff off at Joe's today, so he has it.

The gas in that bike was fresh as of early August, I rode it for a day and put a tank through it, didn't seem to make any difference.

It is geared stupid tall though.

well, I'm putting -1 front sprocket and +2 rear sprocket on, so that should wake it up, and there is a fuel pressure regulator modification to bring it up to 50+ psi that helps a lot as well, thats now been done.

as for goldvavles, when I was freshening up the front fluid, guess what popped out? shocked I was, the fluid was toast and then some, so they were useless, but now they are happy

Last edited by Dichotomous; 10-18-11 at 03:01 PM.

I'm picking up that "stuff" today at lunch. I know there is a windsheild, but I'm not sure what else there is

By the way, I brought that OBDII cable to Bike Night last night, and then completely forgot to give it to Jason.

'90 Yamaha XT350

thats ok, I could probably meet up with you sometime too, unless you moved really far away or something.

I was gonna ask to borrow your eccentric adjuster to fit the next chain. that eccentric needs lubing too, so over the winter I will regrease the bearing and clean up and lube the eccentric
    btw, if you feel a small amount of play in the rear wheel on the centerstand (and I mean just a tiny fraction, just enough to feel a microclick) try tightening that rear pinch bolt, aparently it does that.

Last edited by Dichotomous; 03-08-12 at 08:11 AM.

thats ok, I could probably meet up with you sometime too, unless you moved really far away or something.

I was gonna ask to borrow your eccentric adjuster to fit the next chain, but I did it with a hammer and screwdriver. this is not how I will do it again, but now I have more time to get a spanner. plus that eccentric needs lubing too, so over the winter I will regrease the bearing and clean up and lube the eccentric
    btw, if you feel a small amount of play in the rear wheel on the centerstand (and I mean just a tiny fraction, just enough to feel a microclick) try tightening that rear pinch bolt, aparently it does that.
    I work downtown, so if you are going to be in the area one of these days just let me know (if it is going to be a nice day I will have it on me, if not you'll have to let me know ahead of time), otherwise I'll just make sure to bring it to BN each week. Not sure what size tools you need for the rear hub or the front axle, but if they are the same as for the 1050 you can borrow those as well. I don't remember the exact sizes offhand, but they were hard to find pieces.

'90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpecific View Post
    I work downtown, so if you are going to be in the area one of these days just let me know (if it is going to be a nice day I will have it on me, if not you'll have to let me know ahead of time), otherwise I'll just make sure to bring it to BN each week. Not sure what size tools you need for the rear hub or the front axle, but if they are the same as for the 1050 you can borrow those as well. I don't remember the exact sizes offhand, but they were hard to find pieces.
    yeah the rear is the same, they didnt change that. actually there is a LOT that didnt change all too much.
    I work near the airport, so just about anytime is good. I may even ride the bike tommorrow

toolkit came in the box of stuff, along with driving lights, a touring windshield, some random thing that I have no idea what it does, another chain guard (though the old one is fine) and some brakelines

Pic of the random thing?

'90 Yamaha XT350

Littering and........

My bad on the tool kit, when I picked it up at Joe's, the chain was about to fall off, so I spent a while dicking around tightening it.

I liked that bike, had a lot more character than the Bandit I ended up with...

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    My bad on the tool kit, when I picked it up at Joe's, the chain was about to fall off, so I spent a while dicking around tightening it.

I liked that bike, had a lot more character than the Bandit I ended up with...
    I doubt you would have had an easy time with it! the front spocket was very sharky, and the chain must have been very loose, as the new chain with smaller front sprocket, would not fit without serious loosening of the eccentric.