Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

NYST groupon

Re: NYST groupon

If the new rules are enforced.....I am going to build the loudest 250 imaginable

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS #313

We think the track will run as usual this year.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...to-2014-Thread

Learned of the news on the ruling yesterday. Called GroupOn yesterday to try to get a refund. Apparently I was the first to bring up the issue with them and they said they would have to contact NYST. Received an email from GroupOn last night. They said they spoke with NYST and NYST assures them that they will still honor the GroupOn.

Honestly I am turned off by this legal issue. If I redeemed my GroupOn to register for trackdays, and NYST's operation changes and I'm not allowed to run my trackdays, would my GroupOn be considered "redeemed" and therefore unrefundable?

Those of us who have NYST GroupOns should call them and complain. Maybe the more complaints made the more likely we'll get refunds.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

I put in for a refund a month ago and got it, so not sure why they said you were the first. They looked up the article on the ruling and issued a refund

I have the groupon and don't really want to push the refund...I'd prefer to ride nyst for short money, possibly with only 25 people there, if I'm allowed (by the track operators, at their legal peril) to do so.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    I have the groupon and don't really want to push the refund...I'd prefer to ride nyst for short money, possibly with only 25 people there, if I'm allowed (by the track operators, at their legal peril) to do so.
    This. Go and use it. Johnny law can't do a thing to you, it's not at all like you're trespassing.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I would have done this, but with the uncertainty and te fact that I ended up buying a TTD membership, I figured I would ride there anyway if things worked out.

Yeah, my guess is they will be running with small groups only. At least for a little bit - not sure if the 250cc limit will come into play or it will just become a "quiet pipes only" thing.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

We have 30 people for May 25th now, so I am shutting that registration off. I have 3 more spots available for May 26th.

If it turns out that the 8 or so Member days running before us get shut down, then I will refund/credit everyone that signed up.

I assume if the first Member days get shut down, that all groupon people will get their refunds at that time.

The only question is whether or not I will get my sizable deposit back.

Last edited by TTD; 04-18-14 at 09:21 AM.
    Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Quote Originally Posted by WinVT View Post
    If the new rules are enforced.....I am going to build the loudest 250 imaginable
    Stock pipes on a 250.......they never said nuthing against an air horn running full blast on the bike.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    We have 30 people for May 25th now, so I am shutting that registration off. I have 3 more spots available for May 26th.

Now you only have 2 spots left for the 26th Tony..........................

Last edited by Lxpony; 04-18-14 at 10:03 AM.

1 spot =)

LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

I might be able to sneak a few more in. It's tough to count bikes, they all look the same to the NIMBY's.

Tony
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    I might be able to sneak a few more in. It's tough to count bikes, they all look the same to the NIMBY's.
    I just sent you a PM about the 25th!! I really want to be able to ride that day too since the guys I going out there with already paid for both days!!!!

they still have the groupon deal..
    how does it apply?? NYST member day ??

if I understand it.. one free member trackday.. after that its 180.00 per member trackday?

Last edited by caloots; 04-18-14 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    Learned of the news on the ruling yesterday. Called GroupOn yesterday to try to get a refund. Apparently I was the first to bring up the issue with them and they said they would have to contact NYST. Received an email from GroupOn last night. They said they spoke with NYST and NYST assures them that they will still honor the GroupOn.

Honestly I am turned off by this legal issue. If I redeemed my GroupOn to register for trackdays, and NYST's operation changes and I'm not allowed to run my trackdays, would my GroupOn be considered "redeemed" and therefore unrefundable?

Those of us who have NYST GroupOns should call them and complain. Maybe the more complaints made the more likely we'll get refunds.
    OK first of all, do you also call it a CoupOn? No. "Groupon."
    Secondly, nothing is redeemed until you receive the value of the certificate.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

How many other suckas (uh..I mean customers) besides me, bought the 2-day groupon deal before it all hit the fan? Anyone lock in their member days yet? I called about two weeks ago and they said just send an email with the dates you want. Anyone done it?

Before you go further, and give some of the members a chance to misinterpret what's being said here, did you pick your dates and have a problem yet?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Don't misinterpret. the suckas crack was only that. No, I haven't sent the email requesting specific member days yet, but after talking with her, it didn't sound like there were going to be any problems with redeeming them....and I'd mentioned that my bike was bigger than a 250. That's all I got, and was wondering if anyone had gotten anything more regarding the Groupon deal... that's all.

Not at all about the crack, but given the fever surrounding nyst on this forum I saw this moving towards "I can't get my days at nyst or my money from groupon"
    Just because someone don't read good.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by bassomatic View Post
    Don't misinterpret. the suckas crack was only that. No, I haven't sent the email requesting specific member days yet, but after talking with her, it didn't sound like there were going to be any problems with redeeming them....and I'd mentioned that my bike was bigger than a 250. That's all I got, and was wondering if anyone had gotten anything more regarding the Groupon deal... that's all.
    Here's my experience so far w/ the groupon offer...
    1. Called the track early March to get info on how it worked, i.e. redemption, registration, etc.
    2. I was told I could get the deal over the phone directly with them. I would then email or call for dates. After paying with cc over phone, my account reflected 2 track date credits + prem membership.
    3. When I first emailed about dates, victoria wrote that the bookings would open April 1 (which I thought was true for everyone at the time). On April 1 I eagerly emailed about requesting the 2nd weekend in May... to my surprise I was told the first 2 weeks were already booked. When I asked how that could be, it was then explained that the regular members had earlier registration rights. None of that was ever explained when I initially signed up.
    4. So the first date available was May 17th which I took via email confirmation. After previously registering on their website early on, this info didn't show up there...only confirmation being via email. Shortly thereafter I inquired about the alternate date of May 16th instead but was told that was booked too.
    5. Then the news hit this past week about losing the stay verdict in Albany Appellate court & how they were going to run this year i.e. 8 bikes per seesion. I emailed immediately to verify my spot for May 17, she emailed back saying I was still confirmed. I then inquired about booking my 2nd credit in June...I was then told first 2 weeks in June already booked too (my guess due to fewer bike structure?). Waiting now on reply to my request for late June date.

I will try not to express my opnion on all this, just reporting what transpired...everyone can make their own judgements. Bottom line, I think this year will be a challenge for everyone involved & some time will be needed while this all gets straightened out. Considering the significant savings from the groupon deal ($229 for 2 track days), I would only advise it to someone, at this point in time, if your looking to book dates further out...July-Oct. I would also wait to order it until after seeing what happens the first to weeks in May w/ their member days running under the new restrictions. Some questions still unanswered...250cc bike limits, aftermarket exhausts, etc.

Hope this helps.

I don't think you can get the groupon any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    I don't think you can get the groupon any more.
    You sir are correct.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/new-york-safety-track-2

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Quote Originally Posted by Davesavvy View Post
    2. I was told I could get the deal over the phone directly with them.
    So you paid NYST directly, instead of Groupon?

I just redeemed my Groupon with NYST over email. It was pretty smooth, about the only hang up is that the soonest date was in July. I was hoping to beat all the baseball hall of fame vacationers and book something in June. Crazy hard to find decent lodging in that area already. Hopefully it all works out.

Kevin
    2011 KTM 530 EXC
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter S
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast