Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Long oval helmet recommendations? Alternatives to Arai?

Re: Long oval helmet recommendations? Alternatives to Arai?

I don't think there are different versions of the RS-1 yet. There are many color ways. Some of the color ways are "premium" and some were not very popular and discontinued. I suspect most of the price difference you're seeing is due to overstock sales on 2 year old helmets.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Reviving an old thread. I find my Shoei GT-air, which is the narrowest of the Shoei's but still light intermediate oval leave a hot spot on the forehead. My Arai Profile never did. I tried the Arai Signet-X in the moto show in NYC and didn't find it as comfortable as the Profile. It actually felt a tad big rather than snug (both Medium). I tried a Bell Star because I liked the isle of man TT graphics. I was surprised that it fit rather well for the few minutes I had it on as it is not known as a long oval helmet. I also like that it comes with a photochromic shield (the DLX version). Anybody have experience with the Bell Star on a long oval head? Any other contemporary suggestions? Thanks.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

I just bought a Bell Star Mips. All the reviews online noted that there wasn't enough padding/pressure on the forehead, but they include extra padding in the box so you can build it up a little. That was my experience as well....after adding the extra padding it was perfect. I think it would fit you perfectly right out of the box, just as you experienced at the show. Revzilla has the Star Mips classic on sale for 250. That comes with the clear shield...I bought the Protint shield for 150 to complete the package.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I LOVED my Profile and the way it fit. When it came time to replace the lady and I both ended up getting fitted at SSC with Adam and I ended up in a Signet-X with padding fitted for my head. It fits perfectly... he even mailed me some thicker padding a month later incase they broke down too much.

Make the trip to Derry, it's worth it if you're going to drop some coin on a lid. Especially if you're brand agnostic.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    I LOVED my Profile and the way it fit. When it came time to replace the lady and I both ended up getting fitted at SSC with Adam and I ended up in a Signet-X with padding fitted for my head. It fits perfectly... he even mailed me some thicker padding a month later incase they broke down too much.

Make the trip to Derry, it's worth it if you're going to drop some coin on a lid. Especially if you're brand agnostic.
    Pat at Seacoast was the one who fitted me for an Arai Profile years ago. I have some credit with Revzilla, so will likely buy from them. I feel bad using Seacoast and not buying from them. I love that dealership and have bought a few bikes from them.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Glad to hear that the Signet-X is working for former Profile customers. Just got a new shield for my Signet-Q this morning and I don't think it ages out for another year or two, but if it ends up getting 'used' at a track day I'll be looking at an -X as a replacement.
    +1 for Seacoast.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

I know Icon lids are balked at on this site, but every Icon lid I've ever tried on has been long oval. I believe Freedom Cycle sells them.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

I used to love the way Suomys fit but not sure how they are these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12