Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

f4i wont start

f4i wont start

Ok, had a little incident at the track first weekend. Minor lowside, bike sat on its side for a while before it could be moved. Finally getting around to fix it to sell, love my ex500 to move back up. The bike was hydrolocked, got that all cleaned out. Put a new engine cover on yesterday, went to start it, wouldnt start. Its trying to go, but just wont kick over. After about 15-20 minutes of starting it, it finally started to sputter, then finally kicked over. Went back out this morning to double check, wont start again, still just wont kick over. We replaced the battery and had it hooked up to a tender, even tried to jump it yesterday, wouldnt go so I dont think its that. Only thing I can think of is the plugs, maybe from when it was hydro locked. Im gonna pull them out and see how they look at some point, but is there anything else I should check when I have it all apart?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

f4i wont start

If you give it a hit of starter fluid and the bike runs for a second or so you will know that you have a fuel issue.

Have you checked for spark yet?

Also, how deep did you dig into the engine to fix the hydrolock? Could you have disrupted anything to do with the cams and timing chain?

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

f4i wont start

Well the main reason I think its the spark plugs is that it takes a long time to get past the noise any engine makes when you hit the starter. (I dont know the terms, ask anyone, Im a moron) then it slowly starts up, dies a few times, then last night after about 10-15 minutes it ran normally, started up and let it idle for a while. i was thinking the plugs were just gunked up from the hydrolock and eventually burned away some leftover oil or whatever it might do. So it has since run normally.
    For the hydrolock we basically just took off the tank, air filter, pulled the plugs, hit the starter and ran like a mofo (mental note, dont do that in your parents driveway) so I find it a little strange we'd screw something major up.
    The thing that really makes me question the severity is the fact I got it running normally after a bit, would any of those things allow it to run after a period of trying, or would they just let it sit there doing nothing.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.