Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Anyone else lucky enough to be among AT&Ts top 5%?

Lifer

Re: Anyone else lucky enough to be among AT&Ts tope 5%?

Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpecific View Post
    Where do they say the part in red? They NEVER guarantee the speeds you will be seeing anywhere. You want that part to be true, but at no point in time do any of the cell phone companies promise any sort of speed. Don't like it? Complain to somebody that has the power to change it or don't sign the contract.

I follow what you are saying, but that's not the contract that was signed. They never agreed to provide the service that you mentioned.
    That's why I did not use a number. There is no promise of any speed. But IF you have ANY kind of numerical speed cap, it effectively limits the amount of data you can download making it no longer unlimited.

There's 2,592,000 seconds in a 30 day month.

@1000K/s -> 2,592,000M
    @500K/s -> 1,296,000M
    @5K/s -> 12,960M

If, at any time they cap your speed, there is now an imposed maximum of data you can download, imposed by factors other than time in the day. I understand that there is no promise of speeds, but there is a promise of unlimited data. If they impose a limit on speed, they are imposing a limit on data that is artificial.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    that got me thinking and i dont really have an answer for it.
    I am not saying its ok about what they do its just an OPTION. you can get unlimited data (really unlimited according to most of you) through sprint. I would personally never use sprint. if i left at&t for any reason id go to verizon. They can get away with it because of the phones n coverage they offer IMO. You want a phone that can be on the web and on a call at the same time while you are abroad? get at&t or get verizon and another phone at the country you going.
    My cable company is charging me $5 a month extra because I do not cable tv with my internet. its not like I had tv + internet and took the tv out. I signed up for internet and they said internet is $40 a month and you ll pay $45 because you are not getting our tv+internet package for $60! do you see me crying about it? no i pay it because i need the damn internet.
    thats how the game works, corporate business world. u seem to know a lot about what u r talking about though
    I've been with Sprint for about 4 years now. I was with ATT for about 10 years before that. As a field service engineer, I used to use my phones for everything all over the world. IMO ATT blows big time, customer service can suck a big dick and the service that they provided is no different than the service I have now. Oh there is one difference, my bill is less for more.

I have to say you have NO FUCKING CLUE as to how good or bad Sprint's service is. Please stop drinking the ATT kool-aid, its not that good.

And pretty much any phone will work overseas. You just roam on the network in the given country your in. The only country I could not get a phone to work in was Japan.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jcrawford View Post
    Sprint may have less network coverage but they are playing it smart. They sell use of their towers to companies like

internet.clear.com/
    virginmobile.com

and probably many more.
    they are not playing it smart. they have made constant horrid decisions. Purchasing nextel was by far the worst. going to wimax when the industry was leaning towards lte is another.

Sprint has a 54% ownership of ClearWire. ClearWire was/still is providing Sprints WiMax coverage.
    Virgin Mobile was just a MVNO until Sprint purchased it.

contrary to popular belief. most towers are not owned by the wireless carrier. they are actually owned by a 3rd party who offers colocation leasing. each "level" of antennas on a tower is 1 carrier.

0 Not allowed!

Re: Anyone else lucky enough to be among AT&Ts top 5%?

My contract is up at the end of the month and hello Sprint.......F AT&T

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    i've had Sprint since highschool... 18 years strong, i'll never change. I always get good service and never have issues...
    Yeah, my wife is so fucking hot....Nobodys hotter.

(until you look around a bit)

0 Not allowed!

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt)

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon
    I'm sorry, but if AT&T (or anyone else) told me I'm "tethering" because I plugged my phone into a dock or HDMI out cable to view vid on a big screen, I'd have quietly asked for that in writing and found a class action friendly lawyer to let him have a field day with it. The whole "tethering" game is a scam anyways, but that is taking it WAY too far.
    that was an example of an app that customer service told him about. he actually used his phone to tether and play games
    No this wasn't an example of an app that I was using. She said "connecting your phone to your TV to watch Netflix". She had no idea what I was doing. If they let me and the other gazillions of people tether on unlimited plan I bet you $100 the congestion stops. I would much rather play a video game on my laptop that consumes 20-30mb an hour then watch Netflix at 3-4mb a minute.

Who can I call to bitch too that has the ability to remove this throttling bullshit. Before the throttling I was between 4-5gb a month... guess what I am still between 4-5gb a month but it takes me 3x longer to do something. All they are doing is making me want to switch carriers.

My favorite part is how today on the phone a Guy actually told me that if the throttling was bugging me I should switch to the regular plan and just pay 10 dollars extra per gig to not be throttled. Is my extra 20 dollars going to uncongest the network? No. But I bet they sure wish they were getting an extra 20 from me in addition to removing my data plan.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by WordTooYoMamma; 06-24-12 at 01:04 PM.

that was horrible advice lol

0 Not allowed!

Says the guy on the company payroll.

0 Not allowed!

I would never tell a customer that. Especially if it was a friend/someone I know. There's plenty of peoria here that I have helped several times with their phones n service. If someone needs something there's PMs my number is posted several times and most know where I work.

0 Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i have wifi at home so i generally use that. my usage has gone way down since we got a new computer. in june of 11 i used 4.7GB...that was just my phone. combined with my girlfriends phone we were at 5.8GB.
    i have sprint.
    2 phones on the plan.
    under $200 p/month. (includes insurance for both phones and the data upcharge for having 2 smartphones)
    1500 shared minutes
    calls to any cell free (regardless of carrier)
    free nights and weekends (nights start at 7)
    free long distance
    unlimited text and data

att, verizon...they can all suck it

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by SVRACER01; 07-01-12 at 08:15 PM.

I'm fed up with my iPhone 5. I don't know if its the phone, 4g, or throttling but my data speeds are HORRIBLE. Takes over a couple minutes to load a page and that's if it even loads. Either that or the server is not responding. This phone is useless to me.

Anyone else having problems?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fed up with my iPhone 5. I don't know if its the phone, 4g, or throttling but my data speeds are HORRIBLE. Takes over a couple minutes to load a page and that's if it even loads. Either that or the server is not responding. This phone is useless to me.

Anyone else having problems?

0 Not allowed!

SIM card swap? Make sure the right data plan is one? Hows coverage?

0 Not allowed!

I know my 4 is slower than death on wifi since upgrading to IOS6, seem to be lots of others with the same complaint. 3G/Edge perf is normal in Maine for me though.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    SIM card swap? Make sure the right data plan is one? Hows coverage?
    Haven't done any of that yet because it seemed to get better. (?)

It seems as though if I shut my wifi off it doesn't switch back to 4g, it's in limbo with no service waiting for the wifi. Is there a setting I'm missing?

0 Not allowed!

Just got a message that I am approaching the 5gb threshold this month....

0 Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted (Infuse)

Everybody that was part of the class action lawsuit against Comcast must not have AT&T. I am starting to think that no one's going to sue them over throttling their data...

0 Not allowed!

Just wanted to re up this thread to vent my frustration with AT&T.

Finally went into the store to do a SIM card swap. Same problem. At a certain time in any given month the phone is completely useless. The girl I spoke to was a complete dolt. Didn't seem to care at all that I was having these problems and cheerfully reminded me I could pay 200 plus dollars to get out of my contract if I'd like.

AT&T scammed everyone into upgrading to the iPhone 5 and 4g when they are clearly not ready. Their response is to "just wait till it gets better."

Bitches. /end rant.

Oh yeah, it took me over 2 hours to navigate to this page and make this post.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Just wanted to re up this thread to vent my frustration with AT&T.

Finally went into the store to do a SIM card swap. Same problem. At a certain time in any given month the phone is completely useless. The girl I spoke to was a complete dolt. Didn't seem to care at all that I was having these problems and cheerfully reminded me I could pay 200 plus dollars to get out of my contract if I'd like.

AT&T scammed everyone into upgrading to the iPhone 5 and 4g when they are clearly not ready. Their response is to "just wait till it gets better."

Bitches. /end rant.

Oh yeah, it took me over 2 hours to navigate to this page and make this post.
    So what exactly is your problem? (not re reading this travisty of a post I made)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    So what exactly is your problem? (not re reading this travisty of a post I made)
    I really just needed to vent but there are mainly two problems:

1. Throttling. Basically makes my data so slow it is unusable. I need my phone for work where there is no wifi. 100 bucks a month and I have a useless phone for (roughly) one week out of every month.

2. 4g coverage is terrible. My old phone was better. But of course they didn't suggest to wait till 4g expands before I re up my contract and buy a new phone.

0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4