2013-2014 New England Ski/board Pass... yes next year...

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

2013-2014 New England Ski/board Pass... yes next year...

Yeah I know this winter isn't even over yet but....

Hondarider and I are springing for the Sunday River/ Sugarloaf/Loon Mountain New England Pass for next years ski season...

It's a freaking deal and a half if you get it now at $665 bucks (or 8 days on the mountain to break even) for a seasons of riding at 3 great mountains. (note: $665 for the Silver Pass with the 13 black out days which is during the kids break anyways, when you don't want to go)

Too boot, if you're in college it's only $350

The big kicker is the ability to use it for the rest of this 2013 spring season really makes it worth it. I plan on getting at least 4 more days in over the next 2 months this spring on the pass making it only 4 days of skiing to break even next winter. you better believe I'm planning on going more like 20 days next year though.

If anyone is interested you know you'll have two people to join you so you're not skiing alone.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteveRR; 03-14-13 at 10:34 PM.

Re: 2013-2014 New England Ski/board Pass... yes next year...

I get it every year, always get my money's worth.

1 Not allowed!

nice! I got it 5 years in a row when it was the All East Pass like 10 years ago and got around 30 days in a year but stopped because I stopped landscaping and having winters off.

after a 8 days season this years I realize I just need to ski more!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteveRR; 03-14-13 at 10:35 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

ive been skiing 8 times this year. all at different mountains. im averaging about $37 a ticket. i dont think ill do a pass ever again. theres just too many deals out there

0 Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01
    ive been skiing 8 times this year. all at different mountains. im averaging about $37 a ticket. i dont think ill do a pass ever again. theres just too many deals out there
    Midweek maybe, I know personally I can't miss that many days of work and weekend passes are more expensive.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    Midweek maybe, I know personally I can't miss that many days of work and weekend passes are more expensive.
    I have been on the mountain midweek once this year. If I had the time to go midweek that would be a different story.

I'm also just saying it pays for itself in 8 days, If you get a pass and only ski 8 days it would be pretty stupid

I'm thinking more like 5 days by the end of this season alone. Hopefully 20 days next year.

$665 / 25 days is $26 a day and thats weekend full price days at a big mountain. Not small places like Mount Sunappee and Gundstock where you get those midweek deals which give me no challege what so ever.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    This. Join a local ski club. I've spent $40 once this year... at Bromley.

Weekday and ski club discounts are awesome. If I lived closer to a mountain I'd dive into a pass but at 2+ hours, it's just not worth it.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    This. Join a local ski club. I've spent $40 once this year... at Bromley.

Weekday and ski club discounts are awesome. If I lived closer to a mountain I'd dive into a pass but at 2+ hours, it's just not worth it.
    again, i totally agree with you both. I have been using ski club discounts for years from my friends who get them through their ski house

if your skiing 8-12 days a year and catching midweek deals that is the way to go, been doing it for 5 years since my last pass.

if you truly run the numbers you'll quickly see that if you’re going 20-25 plus times a year it is well worth it to get a pass, especially when Sunday River is your favorite mountain and you go there 85% of the time anyways.

when you add in the fact that you can use it at 3 really great mountains that are respcetivly 2hr / 3hr / 4hr from my house

and when you also add in the fact that you can use it for the rest of this season which has about 7 weeks left it’s really a no brainer for me

I’m just trying to see if this deal makes sense for other people and want to join so that we all may rent places for the weekend splitting cost get in some weekends.

I appreciate your input though.

Now anyone out there that this makes sense for? Calling Dip Dingles, i know your a skier and aren't too far from Corey and I

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteveRR; 03-15-13 at 08:16 AM.

I used to have a 'Threedom' pass for Loon/Waterville/Cranmore back in the day too. That was back when I was single and lived in an apartment.

Do it up. Have fun.

0 Not allowed!

I usually head up alone, but if I have others buddies that want to head up with a cheap fuck like myself then I am game. Got to get my bike back together before I can spring for a season pass. I will keep this in mind once bike is completed.

0 Not allowed!

Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Dip Dungles
    I usually head up alone, but if I have others buddies that want to head up with a cheap fuck like myself then I am game. Got to get my bike back together before I can spring for a season pass. I will keep this in mind once bike is completed.
    Price goes up April 30th

0 Not allowed!

That's a decent amount of time thanks for the heads up

0 Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

my days off are weekdays so thats what works best for me. but with warren miller deals that are good on any day and 2/1s that are good sun-fri i can still my occasional weekend day in.
    if i lived close enough to a mountain that i felt was worth it then id get a pass.
    i used to get the all-for-one pass. i had about 7 mountains to pick from and it was about $600 for a silver pass.
    once the company "disbanded", not only did sunday rivers prices skyrocket, but so did everyone elses

0 Not allowed!