Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Website for the NYST Lawsuit...

Let me start by making this disclaimer...this thread is strictly for informational purposes only. The post is not intended to side with or blame any of the parties involved. I am not affiliated with either "Friends of Rural Life" (FRL) nor the named defendents: New York Safety Track LLC, Mountain Top Airfield LLC, the Harpersfield Town Board, Planning Board, town clerk and code-enforcement officer (although I am a pending "customer" at NYST...I have no dog in this fight).

I found a website which appears to be run by FRL (based on the "Get Involved" tab) & the site has posted many of the public records and documents that are involved with the lawsuit. They also have many youtube videos which apparently are being used to support their position. The website may give readers additional information about the history of the dispute, the events which led up to the litigation, and the recent decision by the Acting Delaware Supreme Court Judge.

Here is the link to the website for those interested...
    http://harpersfieldmotorcyclesafetytrack.wordpress.com/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Website for the NYST Lawsuit...

We've seen it. Very interested in new information.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    We've seen it. Very interested in new information.
    Sorry about missing that.

Lifer

No worries. As I say, many of us are on the edges of our seats. You gots info, we're interested.

I don't see the problem with the 250cc limit...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Sell me your excess cc credits!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Paul_E_D

Lifer

Unlike.

Efforts to reach the lawyer for the track, Jon Ward, of Uniondale, Long Island, were unsuccessful. He did not respond to a message left by a reporter at his office. A telephone number listed in Internet advertising for the track went unanswered.

The track has been continuing to drum up interest in the 2-mile oval track nestled at the site of a former airport by way of its social media presence and...
    I don't know how any rider amongst us cannot find that unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    My god the daily star's website is horrifically slow (either that or someone broke the CSS). I guess I'll wait for them to get their shit together before I can read the stupid article.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Nope, loads right up for me. Your machine be broke

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Unlike.

I don't know how any rider amongst us cannot find that unsettling.
    I don't find it unsettling at all. Why show your hand?
    They're doing well keeping everything close, and out of the limelight until they have something factual to say.
    The groupon buyers needn't worry about their investment, so that's a non issue.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Nope, loads right up for me. Your machine be broke
    Nah definitely not just me. Looks like it has to do with my network here at work. Something is blocking content on their site so only half of it loads. Was able to read it on my phone.

2 mile oval?

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I don't find it unsettling at all. Why show your hand?
    They're doing well keeping everything close, and out of the limelight until they have something factual to say.
    The groupon buyers needn't worry about their investment, so that's a non issue.
    Why show your hand? To reassure customers. Not providing any information makes it seem like they are burying their heads in the sand and planning to just thumb their nose at this court ruling. I for one would not like to pay to be part of any of that action.

Show me you have a well thought out plan and I'll drive out there and give you my money. Otherwise.. I dunno. I'm surprised I'm the only one.

I'm not a groupon buyer. I rebuy through Tony and I have complete confidence that he has my back here. Ultimately my exposure to this is low. But still..

I disagree. Showing your well thought out plan gives the doo-gooders a chance to counter it.
    As a customer, I get your thirst for information.
    Regardless, Tony just posted up some bad(ish) news in the other thread, so any debate on the matter is pretty worthless.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Yeah, as I understand it, this was the last chance to be able to run unlimited this year.

I believe the next step is the track has to re-issue it's plan for use and get that accepted - but that would be for next year.

As always, as soon as I have facts (and a plan for our dates), I will post up in the TTD area - and an email blast will go out.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Anyone else notice that the first link below that article is about the local heroin epidemic? Clearly, the track is the biggest problem facing that area . . .

F'ing NIMBY's, now, I'm back to 3-4 hour drives to get my track fix.

-Jon

'14 Aprilia Tuono - crack on 2 wheels, '14 Ninja 300, '04 BMW M3

Actually, for me this was new news which isn't on the website in the first post as of today. I knew they were trying to get a stay granted from the Jan. decision, which would have allowed them to continue operations during an appeal, but it appears the stay was denied. That seems like a huge blow to NYST!

This link may be easier to view for some...
    http://www.thedailystar.com/localnew...-victory/print

Last edited by Davesavvy; 04-16-14 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I disagree. Showing your well thought out plan gives the doo-gooders a chance to counter it.
    As a customer, I get your thirst for information.
    Regardless, Tony just posted up some bad(ish) news in the other thread, so any debate on the matter is pretty worthless.
    are you referring to the FRL as "do gooders"? I thought they were the bad guys.

Last edited by Tunertype; 04-16-14 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    are you referring to the FRL as "do gooders"? I thought they were the bad guys.
    Exactly.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    Yeah, as I understand it, this was the last chance to be able to run unlimited this year.
    Hyphothetical here... what if they completely ignore all laws and regulations by running unlimited anyways. What are the consequences and how will they be stopped?

Armed police guarding the track from use? (doubtful)
    Fines? (probabbly not that substantial)
    Lawsuits? (people need a decent amount of money to start and maintain a lawsuit vs NYST)
    Revocation of permits? (The town seems to like them, probabbly won't happen?)

Just thoughts, I'm sure there's some wrong thinking on my part but can someone else fill in?

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus View Post
    Hyphothetical here... what if they completely ignore all laws and regulations by running unlimited anyways. What are the consequences and how will they be stopped?

Lawsuits? (people need a decent amount of money to start and maintain a lawsuit vs NYST)

Just thoughts, I'm sure there's some wrong thinking on my part but can someone else fill in?
    I read a little bit on the topic last night. They could be charged with second degree contempt of court, a Class A misdemeanor. But it looks like the plaintiffs might have to prove damage, and quantifying the damage they are suffering won't be easy. If the town wanted to play hardball, they could shut down the track, but will they? Town politics are probably a bigger factor than the legal system.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus View Post

Just my 2 cents...

The ONLY long term solution is to find a way to appease the 30+ plaintiffs (or neighbors) of the track. Instead of battling this out in court for years...imagine if an agreement was made where the plaintiffs had a vested interest in the track's success. If someone asked me would i consider trading off some "peace and quiet" for 5 months out of the year, and in exchange I get half off my taxes to compensate, I'm going to do some serious thnking!

Say the average tax burden was $6k a year for the 30 plaintiffs (hopefully that is high side), that equates to $90k that NYST would pay to the plaintiffs to "make good" (on a yearly basis). If that cost was factored in to the track rental costs...maybe only a few extra dollars more for each event is all that is needed. Bottom line, getting the local residents "on board" seems to be the only long term solution imho.

Also, if the track fails the "neighbor" resident now pays 100% of their tax bill. However, if the track succeeds...they continue to pay only half of their tax bill. Now you have both parties involved with trying to make the track a sucess.

I don't think they need to do anything.

I think if they simply re-apply - and state exactly what they are doing - then it will be approved and the track can start running normally. Doesn't help 2014 though.

I believe those that are against the track are the minority. But I also don't think it matters... it's not something that needs to be voted on.

Then again, with all this crap that has happened this year - it might be tougher to get approved the second time.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

If it's as simple as just reapplying and getting approved, I have to wonder why the track was not honest about its intentions from the start? It sounds like if they were, this whole mess could have been avoided...

LRRS #313

It does seem like a lot of fuss for a town without zoning. Like Tony said, reapply, be up front with your intentions, and it doesn't seem to me like the town has a choice but to approve it. Get started on the process before the upset residents get together and decide to put together a zoning document.

Last edited by Trouble; 04-18-14 at 05:54 AM.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast