Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#117 LRRS Round 4

#117 LRRS Round 4

This was a good one for me.

P-89

Gino was in this one for the first time this year. I'm way ahead in the points so wasn't going to risk anything passing him. Long story short, I followed him for the majority of the race, learning some pretty good tips in the process. I ended up getting past him as we both went around lapped traffic. We had a long conversation about this afterwards and got the whole story. Anyway, after passing Gino I pulled off my fastest lap of the race at a 1:20.929. Is it a coincidence that the last digits of my fastest lap are the same as his race number? 1st place finish

ULSB

This race is extremely competitive and I was one point out of the lead for points. I got my typical crappy start and went into turn one way back. Maybe 10th or so. Maybe worse. I wasn't counting at that point. That frustrated me and I put my head down, passing my way up to 6th in the first lap. I made it up to 5th the next lap but then couldn't find a way pass 922 Eric Block. I struggle behind him for a couple laps and 77 Eric Shaw passes me. Back down to 6th place. Shaw has the same trouble getting past Block and keeps pushing hard for an opportunity. I bide my time expecting there to be a opportunity for me to make it past one of them when there's an attempted pass. My opportunity comes in turn 1a on lap 5 when Shaw tried an inside pass and they bumped. Shaw went wide in 2 and Block got knocked to the inside pretty dramatically. I whacked the throttle, made it past Shaw and passed Block going into 3 because he had lost his drive coming out of 2. It took me the rest of the lap to catch up to the only two other riders I can see. I passed 67 J Cav early on lap 7 and catch up to 428 Adam Clark. I got a strong drive out of 12 and passed Adam on the front straight just as the white flag flew. He passed me back in 3 but sacrificed his drive up the hill. I passed him going downhill into 6 and never saw him again, taking second place and putting me into the points lead! Despite all the back and forth I didn't do a lap (other than my out lap) slower than 1:20.7. My fastest lap was my last one at 1:20.027.

I've slowly crept my way up in points in ULSB and the competition has been incredible! Every race has been a nail biter and it's been so much fun racing with those guys, even if they're on motards. Thanks to all my team mates on LDR, especially Adam Clark for the competition. RSP's Keith Draghi loaned my teammate Bill Morey a motor so he could at least get on track and complete a race this year. That was a huge mental hurdle and you're the man for doing it! The corner workers and medical staff got an incredible workout on Saturday so they should get props for that. I'm glad I didn't add to their workload. All my track time with TTD has dramatically increased my comfort on track and helped me become better about being able to read and predict what other riders are about to do. My Pirelli tires continue to be wonderfully sticky but yet predictable when I over tax them. Gino, you're the best. Thanks for your tips on track and bench racing afterwards (and the delicious rum). I'll take your advice to heart and plan my strategy accordingly.

Thanks to those that read all this to the end, both of you!

11 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Trouble; 07-27-14 at 08:41 PM.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Re: #117 LRRS Round 4

You are an incredibly racer mister! I enjoy reading your reports and see you race every chance I get.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

great job Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    great job Brendan
    Brendan? WTF?

Great job John. Watching you and Jake battle it out with the tards was fun!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Brendan is Brett's twin. Apparently I look enough like baby Jesus to be his twin as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Brendan is Brett's twin. Apparently I look enough like baby Jesus to be his twin as well.
    somehow people get us confused just because of the beards. I don't even see how people would always confuse me and Brendan. I don't think we look that much alike. we look like brothers that's all.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 07-29-14 at 09:33 PM.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Congrats John, you were seriously moving out there! Oh, and way to kick Gino's ass :-p

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

CHEATER MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to kick an old man when he's down.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY

great job Johnnie. great having one of the best seats in the house to watch a protégé!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

It's pretty fitting that that lap you had after passing Gino was 1:20.929. Great job this round. Bummer. I wasn't there to watch it. I like watching Spider-Man do his stuff.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I'd like to thank baby Jesus...

plain and simple... you... Kick.... ASS!

but all you Hawk guys are some of my Favorite people! ROCK ON!

Quote Originally Posted by catahoulabuldog View Post
    I'd like to thank baby Jesus...

plain and simple... you... Kick.... ASS!
    what did I do?

John, good to see the bump hasn't diminished your performance!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice