Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

is 240 shipped a good deal for Bridgestone BT003 tire kit.?

its in my blood

is 240 shipped a good deal for Bridgestone BT003 tire kit.?

Front tire 120/70ZR17 and Rear 180/55ZR17

also, i hear nothing but good reviews..
    im running bt-016 at trackdays now and i hear these are even better.

anyone ??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: is 240 shipped a good deal for Bridgestone BT003 tire kit.?

I've got 003's on my bike and generally get the rear (190/55) for $130 and the front for 95-99. So yea, that's about the cheapest I've found them.

The 003's won't last as long as the 16's, but the difference might as well be night and day. The 3's will glue the bike to the ground. I've said it before, the 3's on a 1000 stick much better than pilots ever stuck on a 750. And in torrential rain, I've tried to get it to spin and they stick more times than not.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. As long as Bridgestone has 003's or whatever comes after, they'll be on my bike(s).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

its in my blood

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I've got 003's on my bike and generally get the rear (190/55) for $130 and the front for 95-99. So yea, that's about the cheapest I've found them.

The 003's won't last as long as the 16's, but the difference might as well be night and day. The 3's will glue the bike to the ground. I've said it before, the 3's on a 1000 stick much better than pilots ever stuck on a 750. And in torrential rain, I've tried to get it to spin and they stick more times than not.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. As long as Bridgestone has 003's or whatever comes after, they'll be on my bike(s).
    awesome !!!
    and i think, for some reason the 190 size is cheaper.

its in my blood

questions is.. i dont need tires yet... got the random DISCOUNT email from chapparral for tires.. yet thier price discounted was 255.. i found them on BTO for 238.

not sure if I should just wait till I need tires..

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

I had the same question.. I had always run B016s but recently graduated to a BT003. I was not happy with how quickly the BT003 wore (NYST eats tires) so I did some more research and after reading this article http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/82...on-Review.aspx I decided that the BT016 was plenty enough tire for my needs at a TTD.

The grip between the BT003 and 016 are negligible for someone at my skill level so it came down to economics. I bought a set of B016 for $220 shipped. I had them on for the two recent days at Thompson (blue group) and was very satisfied with their wear and their grip.

Last edited by Lxpony; 07-30-14 at 11:31 AM.

Lifer

I have a BT-003RS mounted on the front of my DRZ supermoto. (I have a BT-023 sport touring tire on the rear.) Yesterday I crashed it (low-side) in the rain at NHMS. Grip was good until it wasn't. Then it really wasn't.
    Dry grip has been pretty good. Although I think the Dunlop Q2's I have on the SV may be better. (Two machines, maybe apples to oranges.) I have had the front end on the DRZ skid a little under braking.. which is a new experience for me. The Q2's seem to give more warning before breaking traction.

The DRZ (with this tire) was heaven at NYST. Although it was my first day there and I wasn't braking as hard as I do at NHMS.

Overall, for the price, for the street, I would absolutely go with this tire again.
    For the track only, I don't know.

Lifer

I paid $96 for my front. Also 120/70ZR-17.

its in my blood

awesome info..

ya i am running bt-016 .. always have.. they last long.. they looked great after a day a thompson... ive never had them slide and havnt lost traction.. that said.. im prob going too slow..
    sometimes I get a wiggle out of the rear .but it was only back on the straight on turn 2 at NHIS..
    however i was there on the 25th and got no wiggle..

im consistently doing 1:30 around NHIS

Lifer

I've seen 1:30 ... in videos.

its in my blood

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I've seen 1:30 ... in videos.
    HAHAHAH...

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    I had the same question.. I had always run B016s but recently graduated to a BT003. I was not happy with how quickly the BT003 wore (NYST eats tires) so I did some more research and after reading this article http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/82...on-Review.aspx I decided that the BT016 was plenty enough tire for my needs at a TTD.

The grip between the BT003 and 016 are negligible for someone at my skill level so it came down to economics. I bought a set of B016 for $220 shipped. I had them on for the two recent days at Thompson (blue group) and was very satisfied with their wear and their grip.
    NYST eats tires, really? I think NYST is very easy on tires. Loudon shreds tires.

its in my blood

I've only been to Thompson and nhis.. tires look worn more after a day at nhis..i suppose that doesn't mean long sweeping turns aren't wearing down the tire but smooth tar definitely shows less visible wear

Q3s are about that price too. Last I read, the q2 and now the q3 were a step above any others on the track. I'll be trying some q3s at Thompson next Monday, but I rode the q2s and they were great.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

For the same money, I think I'd go for the Q3's as well. Although I have not rode the 3's, only the Q2's.
    I can't remember why I didn't put Dunlops on my DRZ. They were either not available in my size, or much more expensive.

its in my blood

if you remember, reply here after monday and let us know how they felt..

im curious about sliding.. i have felt the rear move around but i dont think I have ever felt the front slide or push in a turn..
    reason I am curious is because id love to know that a tire will slide so I know that its at the limit, rather than be in a turn and then on the ground with no warning.

Lifer

I had made a spreadsheet. Yup, I'm that much of a geek. Just looked at it. Looks like they don't make a Q3 rear in my size. Tire options for the bike were a little weird. OE is actually a 140! But everyone fits 150's as they are much more available. Looks like the Q3 front was about the same cost. Now I'm not sure why I didn't go that route. Maybe because I had Q2's on the SV already and wanted to try something different?!

Their ST tire is a healthy amount ($30) more expensive than the Bridgestone. I'm sure that helped.

I think I like the Q2's better than the BT-003RS. The catch is they are mounted on two very different bikes; the Q2's are on an SV that is more or less dialed in for me. The Bridgestone is on a sumo'ed dual-sport that could have the most fucked suspension ever as far as I know. And I'm way faster on the SV.

So, take all that with whatever salt you have on hand.

I ran the Q2 and the 003R and I must say without trying the Q3, the 003R were much better in my opinion.

Albeit I do have the bike's geometry setup for the 003R and not for the Q2 but I found my Q2 to be flat in the middle, making it more work to tip the bike in for turns. The 003R was a BREEZE for tip in given it's taller profile. Its a grippy tire as well and I was never dissatisfied with the level of grip I was getting.

For that price it isn't bad - give it a try, you might like it. Most of the guys I know all ride BStone 003RS & 003R for both track/street. They love em.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    NYST eats tires, really? I think NYST is very easy on tires. Loudon shreds tires.
    Well, to look at the tires, Loudon leaves them all balled up, but NY removes more rubber per day. I have never worn out tires as fast as I do at NYST and now Thompson. I've had two fronts wear right past the sipes on the outer 1/3 of the tire at NYST this year.

Paul_E_D