Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

EX #72 LRRS round 4 2014

EX #72 LRRS round 4 2014

I got up there around noon on Friday and signed up for practice. I did a few sessions and finished off my tires. I wasn't really working on anything, just knocking off the rust I guess. It was nice to push a little on worn tires and get more of a feel for the bike sliding around. I got teched Friday night and had some new Dunlop slicks mounted.

Saturday. I was only signed up for GTO. I skipped the first practice, and went out to work on some stuff in second practice. I managed to get into the high 15's in practice, but had a little low-side at the end of the session that ended things. I came in and replaced a foot peg, cleaned up the bike, and looked things over. There was pretty much no other damage, so I went to re-tech and then waited for my race.

GTO. I got a half decent launch and fell into 4th place. I was in fourth for a while before I made the pass for 3rd, and spent some time there. The two leaders had opened up a good gap, but hit AM traffic and were held up some. I was able to close the gap, and was at a point where I was looking for a nice spot to set up a pass for 2nd place. I help my position for a lap or two, and then the race was red flagged at about 12 minutes in. We came in and got our new grid positions, and re-gridded. I was 1C. I got off the line very good, following the leader to T1. I felt a bump from the back of the bike, I figured someone bumped tires at first, but then another bump along with my bike handling funny. I eased off the bars and pointed toward the oval, feeling the bikes were now hooked up, and hoped we could coast to a stop and get untangled. It didn't work out like that. My bike went down hard and fast, I tumbled, and got slid into by the other bike. I hurt my shoulder and both bikes were damaged, and the race was again red flagged. This time they called it. I spoke with the other rider both before and after I went to the hospital. He was OK, and neither of us was up for taking blame for the crash. I can't say much beyond I thought I was by him clean, but it honestly happened pretty quick and outside of my field of vision. Maybe I closed the door hard, maybe he harpooned me. Can't say. Doesn't matter as it can't be changed and was dealt with at the track, where that shit belongs. In that race I beat my PB with a 1:15.28, and was given credit (I think) as finishing in second place. I'm not sure if that's right but whatever.

My shoulder is separated pretty good, and I am supposed to have surgery next week. This will probably end my season, I'll know more in a few weeks. I hope not. My bike and gear took some damage, so I figure that should take two or three grand to sort out. Oh well, it's racing. I've been riding the track for 11 years now, and this is the worst injury I've had.
    I have to thank all the great people around center garage 8 for loading up my bike, tools, and gear for me. THANK YOU! Not to mention the care and concern you showed for me. It means a lot to me and I hope to be able to help you guys out any time you need it. Thanks also to the corner workers and the people at the medical center.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by burnham; 07-30-14 at 05:48 PM. Reason: commas

Re: EX #72 LRRS round 4 2014

We'll miss you around the garage. It was quiet without you and Tony.

Hope you heal as fast as you find time on that KTM. Sorry to hear about the mishap - feel better!

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dove View Post
    We'll miss you around the garage. It was quiet without you and Tony.

Hope you heal as fast as you find time on that KTM. Sorry to hear about the mishap - feel better!
    Thanks man! You guys are good neighbors and fun to pit next to. I'm sure I'll be up there, if not to race maybe I'll just bring some pom-poms and cheer you guys along.

Shit, that was you. I saw that from the grid. Way too far away to know want happened, I just saw the bikes go down.

get well soon

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Sorry to hear bud! Heal up and get out there again ASAP. Grats on the PB anyway.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your off. Hope you heal up quickly.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Sorry to hear about the off man. Heal up. We'll miss ya around these parts!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Hey Todd, if you need any thing ask. I am right around the corner.

Doug

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......