Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM #151 Round 6 2014

AM #151 Round 6 2014 / Season Wrap up

This was a good round. If you haven't been keeping track it's my fourth round of racing and last round I was really getting into the swing of things in the amateur group. This round continued that feeling with better results and lower laptimes.

Practice Saturday- got a 23.6 besting my PB by a second from last weekend and it felt easy. Went to GMD and had Dylan twist some shit on the bike and got ready got GTL.

GTL - 2/10 - I got a decent start and fell into third with room in front and behind me. I rode my ride on a fairly open track. Harlan 551 crashed out and put me in second. Bad for him, good for me. 444 has a fast ducky and was running 21's in first so there was no catching him. Got a new PB again with a 22.6 and got a bunch of 23's and 24's. Great way to start the weekend. I could have left after this race and been happy with the weekend.

LWGP - 5/11 - I don't really remember much exept trying to get by 449 who I had identical best lap times for @ 23.424. Couldn't get around him then 551 got around me. Oh well good day regardless.

Sunday Practice - Took it easy the first session and started to wick it up in the second session. I locked up the front halfway down the shoot in three and took the split after a collect-myself-break. It showed a 1.19 on that lap and that's my 'best' now on mylrrs. Can I get rid of that somehow? Anyway, i need to do something for my front end. Plenty of people tell me my setup is good for faster, but they weigh 100lbs less than me.

LWSS - 4/10 1:23 was my best. I got 4th off the start and could not keep up with Sav, Sam and Harlan. I rode and easy ride with space in front and behind for 4th.

Thunderbike- 5/6 1:22.9 best. My stocker SV is a little outgunned in this class but I'm not alone. Anyway as far as I remember we fell into order in the first lap or two and held it there for the race. It was a fun one to run a little faster pace than the SV only races in general. I wish more people would enter it.

LWSB - 7/11 - 25.5 - It was raining a little out. I got nervous and didn't want to smash in the last race if it got slick. I screwed up my start and fell in a bit midpack and just rode it out there picking up one easy pass on the last lap. Everyone was running a bit slow because of the weather. If i didn't already have a successful weekend I would have pushed a little but it didn't seem worth it.

Hopefully see everyone in October! I'd like to add a motard to the stable so if anyone knows of a stockish CRF motard for sale send me the deets.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by maxim_X; 10-05-14 at 08:36 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: AM #151 Round 6 2014

Nice Race Report. I have a 2004 Honda CRF450R ready to race, if that interests you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Great job man. Why you do t share your best lap of 19.335? Haha
    You are moving really good and your progress is incredible.
    What I really like is that you built a good race craft and know when to tone it down and your passes are clean and safe. Your lines are predictable.

Thank you for being part of racing and one of those that listens and makes this a fun and good sport.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thanks Sav! It's awesome to hear that from you. We should have another good one in October.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

You can delete laps in my.nhms. You check a box next to the ones for deletion in the all my laps section or something like that, and click the delete button at the bottom of the list. Most take out the slow times, but I see your point here. Helluva good job JC, keep on truckin!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

You have made great progress this year. 22.6 is a great lap on an SV.

Thanks! I'm still a step or two behind the winning AMs but every time I head out there is room for improvements. Hopefully I can race October and the weather is conducive to fast laps.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Looking good out there. For the amount of time that you have been racing I would say that you should be pretty pleased with your progress. Keep up the dedication and those seconds will melt away...

You're doing a great job, it's been a blast watching you progress!

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

I'm wicked pleased with my progress. I could get all sappy about racing and what everyone's support means to me but I'll save that for October. Racing LRRS this year is one of the best things I've ever done for myself and it's other racers that make it that way. Thanks!

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Great showing JC, gotta be fun picking up chunks of time like that. A fairing with a windscreen would probably be worth .5

Sadly I couldn't make it to round seven. I had to be in KC MO for work training and it was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I just want to reflect on my rookie season a little bit. My one regret is that I couldn't make it to all seven rounds. I raced just 4 rounds 2,3, 5 and 6.

My first round was rough. I got taken out by a wild novice and thought it may be my first and last time racing. Then I got the email to bump to amateur and after that it all came together. I dropped 2 seconds every round and ended up with a few podiums in 5 and 6. Next year I'll come back with 2 rides and the SV should be setup a little more competitively.

Anyway that's not what I'm really making this post about. The experience of racing motorcycles is the best thing I've ever done for myself. There is no more pure combination of modern technology and a human coming together. When people look back at us in the future they will see motorcycle racing as we see the gladiators. I'm happy to be a part of that. Im also happy to be part of LRRS. The people here at Loudon have been more than helpful. I can't say enough about how great the other racers are. I just hope some of you are experts next year . It's been great. I love the sport and experience so much that on my honeymoon in Hawaii I was thinking about missing the races. It consumes my thoughts.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube