Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Crypto currency discussion

Re: Crypto currency discussion

If it's mining on the phone, it will either use a decent amount of your battery life/bandwidth, or it's mining your personal data (or both).

There is no free lunch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    If it's mining on the phone, it will either use a decent amount of your battery life/bandwidth, or it's mining your personal data (or both).

There is no free lunch.
    That was the general sentiment on Reddit.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

There is no free lunch.
    While I don't disagree, I've come to the point that my personal data has been used and sold many times and clearly has value.

If there is a place I could sign up and just let them track me for like upfront payment of $10,000 and they would just be open about telling me they will know what I eat and where I go for marketing, I'd be like "hand me the cash"

It's a losing battle and we get nickles and dimes thrown at us when they use it here and there.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

It’s one thing for targeted ads for marketing purposes on websites, it’s another thing when it’s a “you’ll get rich if you give us root access to the device that has all your personal financial information on it” type of situation.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650

Lifer

Tesla buys 1.5 BILLION in Bitcoin, briefly hits $44k today.

They can print their own money with it.

Buy Bitcoin, then Elon tweets anything that has the word Bitcoin in it. BOOM, profit.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650

Lifer

Dear Mr. Tusk,

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ee

Im using this as a sign to pull most of my remaining bitcoin out of the market. Much like last time i will leave a few just to see what happens. Worked out pretty well last time i did it.
    As a reward to myself i purchased my first ever app on my phone. It tells me i have 173 days to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Dear Mr. Tusk,

Thank you.

Regards,
    Ee

Im using this as a sign to pull most of my remaining bitcoin out of the market. Much like last time i will leave a few just to see what happens. Worked out pretty well last time i did it.
    As a reward to myself i purchased my first ever app on my phone. It tells me i have 173 days to retirement.
    You can buy a Tesla with it if you want now!

I'm pretty well diversified in what I feel are the more technically strong alt-coins at the moment. Enough that I'm willing to lose, but there is wind in these sails right now. Coins with practical uses have emerged. Big companies are investing pretty heavily. Its still all speculation, but I feel like there is actually something underlying some of these currencies now.

That said, I am also 100% playing the game and bought into dog at 0.03. DOGE TO A DOLLAR! If it makes $1 its going to spend on pure fun....or cloning my dog.

$50,000 per BTC

Who would have ever thought that. Where does it end?

Will we look back a few years from now and be like "remember when it was just $50k?"

The amount of wealth and fortunes that has been made by this invention is mind blowing.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    $50,000 per BTC

Who would have ever thought that. Where does it end?

Will we look back a few years from now and be like "remember when it was just $50k?"

The amount of wealth and fortunes that has been made by this invention is mind blowing.

The last bit coin i bought was $600 ish and i thought that was really high. I was laughing knowing i bought piles of them the previous year for a couple bucks each which at the time i thought was almost a foolish amount to spend on them. I very clearly remembering either buying a bunch of bitcoins or using that money and going to Wendys for lunch lol.

I suspect it will hit 50k before cooling down. It can only go so high before it becomes to big to handle

I suspect it will hit 50k before cooling down. It can only go so high before it becomes to big to handle

Some will argue that $50k for an imaginary mined data bit is a bit too big to handle.. If it's not too big here why would it be too big at $100,000k or more?

I say that because it defies logic like it always has. Like you I though it was over priced at $1k, $5k, $15k, definitely $35k yet here we are.

I've had mild income generated from this whole mania enough to help with a safety net but I'm always marveled at the people who got into it quite early and held out like you.

At my peak I owned I think 3 BTC? Couldn't even hold on to those (could afford a doomsday loss as I've never owned them while they were "throwaway cheap")

Lifer

Some will argue that $50k for an imaginary mined data bit is a bit too big to handle.. If it's not too big here why would it be too big at $100,000k or more?

I say that because it defies logic like it always has. Like you I though it was over priced at $1k, $5k, $15k, definitely $35k yet here we are.

I've had mild income generated from this whole mania enough to help with a safety net but I'm always marveled at the people who got into it quite early and held out like you.

At my peak I owned I think 3 BTC? Couldn't even hold on to those (could afford a doomsday loss as I've never owned them while they were "throwaway cheap")

I got in early but stopped around the $600 mark time frame which i think was 2013ish. Didnt think about it again until it $25k in 2018 i think. Sold most but kept several hundred coins to see what would happen which brings us to today. Cashed in 200 or so and left a small amount in to see what happens with those. If i was paying attention i probably would have sold them all much earlier when they hit like a grand but my laziness got in the way and i just left them alone.

I do think 100k is too high for these to hit but i will probably be wrong. I am thinking at some point another coin has to come into power to take some pressure off bitcoin. Like bitcoin will be the quarter but something has to be the dime.

#Doge to the moon apparently.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I sold my DOGE 2 days ago at 7 cents to move into other coins.

In general, I have been hitting crypto HARD this year. So far, so really good. VET has been my major money maker.
    I've transitioned from random bets on alt coins (like DOGE) to decent analysis in the use, price, and market cap of the coins.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 04-15-21 at 04:29 PM.

I have a bitcoin and litecoin wallet on an old hard drive got to go dig that thing up.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Made well with the ups and downs on bit and etherium
    Didn’t jump on the doge wagon. Several people I know made bank on it.

Side note : MA is trying to ban Robinhood -_-

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Made well with the ups and downs on bit and etherium
    Didnít jump on the doge wagon. Several people I know made bank on it.

Side note : MA is trying to ban Robinhood -_-
    I've been dragging feet on committing to Doge for a while and then bought back in right before the bump.

I'm not retiring or anything but I'm certainly not complaining about how it's doing.

If the bandwagon gets high enough and it goes to a dollar or so then real crazy stuff will happen. Even more millionares out of the blue.

I know somebody who's currently up probably $50k on it from $400 investment just a few months ago.

I've been dragging feet on committing to Doge for a while and then bought back in right before the bump.

I'm not retiring or anything but I'm certainly not complaining about how it's doing.

If the bandwagon gets high enough and it goes to a dollar or so then real crazy stuff will happen. Even more millionares out of the blue.

I know somebody who's currently up probably $50k on it from $400 investment just a few months ago.
    I don't think there will be the liquidity to make that many millionaires

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I don't think there will be the liquidity to make that many millionaires
    Only reason I say that is that even though it's a meme coin, $100 into it from the start gave you 500,000 which is an amount many people would have spend

Anybody who held on to most of them or likely just forgot about them this point, with $.5 price @ 500,000 units you're looking at $250,000. Change the numbers as necessary.

LTC is approaching $300 as well.

Insanity all over again.

Only reason I say that is that even though it's a meme coin, $100 into it from the start gave you 500,000 which is an amount many people would have spend

Anybody who held on to most of them or likely just forgot about them this point, with $.5 price @ 500,000 units you're looking at $250,000. Change the numbers as necessary.

LTC is approaching $300 as well.

Insanity all over again.
    So in Dogecoin, we will have a lot of people that become millionaires while its in their wallet. If it makes the $1 and everyone wants to cash out, the price is going to tank before most can dump it. It really has no practical use and I don't see people investing at $1 because they believe in it.
    Its funny, I told myself I was in for the long haul, then I actually really invested in learning about crypto and dumped it for coins I actually did some research/analysis on.
    But don't think I don't want to play on the stupid masses. I purchased 1 million Turtlecoin about a month ago. If a dog can do it, why not a turtle? There is a pidgeon coin too.

I used to think it was all gambling (and to an extent it is) but I have a couple small things I check before I put dollars in a coin. Check its use - does it make sense? How much competition? What's its market cap - realistically how much it can grow vs BTC, ETH, and the leading alt coins?

Some of the strategies by the real crypto nuts are crazy, but I'm starting to get there: BTC is king. Everything you do is for BTC. Funnel any money earned from trading alt coins into BTC.
    I'm not there yet, but some of the scenarios are kind of wild and I'm starting to get it.

If there is a correction, say BTC under 40k (which I'm not sure about based on all the institutional investing) I am going to go in big, 10s of thousands diversified.

As much as I absolutely HATE what it stands for, I have money in Bitclout too. The more I read, the more I want to put in. I hate it, but think it has crazy potential based on the world today.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 04-16-21 at 12:35 AM.

I got in early but stopped around the $600 mark time frame which i think was 2013ish. Didnt think about it again until it $25k in 2018 i think. Sold most but kept several hundred coins to see what would happen which brings us to today. Cashed in 200 or so and left a small amount in to see what happens with those. If i was paying attention i probably would have sold them all much earlier when they hit like a grand but my laziness got in the way and i just left them alone.

I do think 100k is too high for these to hit but i will probably be wrong. I am thinking at some point another coin has to come into power to take some pressure off bitcoin. Like bitcoin will be the quarter but something has to be the dime.
    So the view by the true believers is that BTC becomes the basis of all crypto currency. All things are measured vs BTC. You don't look at how much coins are worth in USD, you look at what they're worth in BTC. BTC is not setup for daily transaction, this is where altcoins come into play. XRP has this purpose. I put money in PUNDIX as they are focusing on point of sale transactions as well. Then there are a million other uses for other coins. MANA is a currency for an NFT world, ya know, cause that's a serious thing now. VET has supply chain uses. The exchange coins are used to pay trading fees. And so on and so on.

BTC will be traded between banks. BTC becomes the gold, of sorts. Maybe ETH is the silver.

Its crazy. But holy hell if it does happen.

Lifer

What is the current thought on Tron (trx) coins? My friend found a usb stick with a bunch of coins on it that a few of us pooled our money together and bought when it first hit the scene. We all forgot about it lol. Bitcoin fever i guess. I would say even a month ago it wasnt worth a ton but this month alone looks promising. Is it worth holding on to and see what happens? Im going to end up giving my friends my share of it anyway, i just dont want to do anything silly right now. I have that crypto horseshoe wedged so far up my ass now they want me to decide to hold or sell. Why not let the forum decide?

What is the current thought on Tron (trx) coins? My friend found a usb stick with a bunch of coins on it that a few of us pooled our money together and bought when it first hit the scene. We all forgot about it lol. Bitcoin fever i guess. I would say even a month ago it wasnt worth a ton but this month alone looks promising. Is it worth holding on to and see what happens? Im going to end up giving my friends my share of it anyway, i just dont want to do anything silly right now. I have that crypto horseshoe wedged so far up my ass now they want me to decide to hold or sell. Why not let the forum decide?
    I don't know much about TRX, but will start following along. Decentralized internet is interesting, but I don't know who else is in this space or how feasible. I would HODL, seems to be the way.

DOGE is back at it
    43% in 24hrs

k, I'm late to the game, but it looks like crypto will outperform the S&P so I wanna get in

school me quick:

(this is *in addition* to the tax advantaged accounts, 6 month e fund, rental property, blah blah financial jesus crap)

coinbase or binance on a hardware wallet, pick your (conservative/risk) ratio %, so I'm mostly BTC/ETH for the long haul, and gamble with the alt/sh*tcoins like doge,safemoon, LTC, cardano, vechain

I plan to dollar cost average/set a bi-weekly budget, and auto contribute. The more I BALL OUT AND RIDE DIRTBIKES M'F the less I can contribute, the more local rides/don't crash/don't spend too much dining out with bougee ass california girls, the more I would contribute.

doge is just strictly a gamble on something you're not afraid to lose. Elon Musk on SNL on Saturday. good beginner videos under brian jung on youtube.

Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-04-21 at 11:12 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R**