Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Midsize SUV Shopping/Research

Re: Midsize SUV Shopping/Research

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post

I like to introduce you to the Lexus CT200h the prius's other less useful half sister
    At least that one is pretty sweet inside and it's much quieter.

As you said though, not as efficient and less cargo. My friend with one gets almost 10mpg less then I do and has had to cancel airport runs because the luggage won't fit. I've never had to do that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Hybrid or non?

I'm impressed. 45K miles with our 18 Rav4 and the gas mileage as meh at best
    https://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/ra...jhawley/728937
    Non-hybrid, and it only has the 6 speed trans, not the 8 speed that comes with the newer gas ravs.

She has about a 30 mile each way commute. About 3/4 on Rt 2 from Fitchburg to Concord and then 62 to Bedford. With traffic as light as it's been, I imagine this is the best case scenario for the car.

I just put a gas tank and sender in a 2020 hybrid rav4. Cluster said 38mpg average. Most of the gas ravs I work on if I remember to look are around 24mpg.

Last edited by golden chicken; 05-03-21 at 12:58 PM.
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I don’t have a set destination. I cover two states. So I can go 20 miles or 120 miles each way depending on business needs.
    How are you not in a company car, getting some serious deductions for business mileage, etc?
    Your mileage doesn't sound like commuter mileage but rather business travel mileage.

I don’t have a set destination. I cover two states. So I can go 20 miles or 120 miles each way depending on business needs.
    So 240 max per day, or within the current EV offering without stopping for a charge? Depending on how you are reimbursed (strait IRS deduction vs company covering all your expenses), you could probably increase your profit based on fuel and oil change savings alone, driving that kind of mileage. Less brake jobs as well. It's probably $10 to go 300 miles in a model 3. If you seldom do 240 mile days, the standard range would probably be fine (263mi est), and then maybe need a 15 minute stop at a super charger on your high mileage days (75 miles of range in 5 minutes, 180 miles in 15 minutes). Or get the long range for more money and 353 mile range. Do the math and I bet you'll make money on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    How are you not in a company car, getting some serious deductions for business mileage, etc?
    Your mileage doesn't sound like commuter mileage but rather business travel mileage.
    It must be business travel mileage.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    I test drove the exploder st recently, and liked it. It leased like dogshit though...off the list for now.

Also drove an M440i and the X3 with the same engine. Pretty quick, lots of fucking tech and gadgets I’d never use.
    it has really impressive numbers with a tune on it...

I did have one customer with an Avalon hybrid claiming 50mpg. Impressive!

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    So 240 max per day, or within the current EV offering without stopping for a charge? Depending on how you are reimbursed (strait IRS deduction vs company covering all your expenses), you could probably increase your profit based on fuel and oil change savings alone, driving that kind of mileage. Less brake jobs as well. It's probably $10 to go 300 miles in a model 3. If you seldom do 240 mile days, the standard range would probably be fine (263mi est), and then maybe need a 15 minute stop at a super charger on your high mileage days (75 miles of range in 5 minutes, 180 miles in 15 minutes). Or get the long range for more money and 353 mile range. Do the math and I bet you'll make money on it.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be business travel mileage.
    I’m not that electric car life just yet. Also many times I have a conflicted route. Drive somewhere and then somewhere else and then somewhere else. Can it still be done? Maybe. But I’m not gonna find out. I love my car and have zero plans on changing it any time soon. I like how it drives, I like the maintenance cost and I like my payment (or lack there of).
    I have nothing against EVs and I probably will own one in the future (cyber truck ?).

Standard IRS now is $0.58/mile I think or close to that. Before I sold the Mazda 3 I did one break job at 150k-ish miles and one tranny fluid change. Nothing else but oil changes on that car (and a set of winter tires). And I LOVED that car. Sold it because I became a father and we want more room. Consistent 40+mpg with cruise control at 75mph. Drove extremely comfortable. Not sure what Id save if it I had a Tesla but I also know I made it from MA to FL and stopped for gas TWICE (obviously not my every day commute).

I don’t get why people try to sell the EV concept to others. If you have one (not you in particularly) and enjoy it good for you, I’m honestly happy for you. I used to consider cars tools. Now I only buy cars I actually enjoy driving and owning.
    EV people are becoming worse than standard tranny people LOL (joke ish)

And yes it’s business travel mileage. Not having a company car is my choice for reasons I won’t share publicly but many can understand.

Last edited by tsorfas; 05-03-21 at 05:02 PM.

I’m not that electric car life just yet. Also many times I have a conflicted route. Drive somewhere and then somewhere else and then somewhere else. Can it still be done? Maybe. But I’m not gonna find out. I love my car and have zero plans on changing it any time soon. I like how it drives, I like the maintenance cost and I like my payment (or lack there of).
    I have nothing against EVs and I probably will own one in the future (cyber truck ?).

Standard IRS now is $0.58/mile I think or close to that. Before I sold the Mazda 3 I did one break job at 150k-ish miles and one tranny fluid change. Nothing else but oil changes on that car (and a set of winter tires). And I LOVED that car. Sold it because I became a father and we want more room. Consistent 40+mpg with cruise control at 75mph. Drove extremely comfortable. Not sure what Id save if it I had a Tesla but I also know I made it from MA to FL and stopped for gas TWICE (obviously not my every day commute).

I don’t get why people try to sell the EV concept to others. If you have one (not you in particularly) and enjoy it good for you, I’m honestly happy for you. I used to consider cars tools. Now I only buy cars I actually enjoy driving and owning.
    EV people are becoming worse than standard tranny people LOL (joke ish)

And yes it’s business travel mileage. Not having a company car is my choice for reasons I won’t share publicly but many can understand.
    Writing off mileage and driving what you want is a good way to go. It might cost you more depending on what you drive but spending the day in something you like is hard to overlook sometimes.

Mileage deduction this year is 56 cents btw.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    I did have one customer with an Avalon hybrid claiming 50mpg. Impressive!
    Hybrid owners may be the only group that lie about mpg more than pickup truck owners.

According to Fuelly, modal value is 37mpg and only a couple owners out of 200+ claim 50. 37 is still damned good even for a roller skate let alone a car that large.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/av...=&submodel_id=

Last edited by Garandman; 05-03-21 at 11:44 PM.
    “When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Hybrid owners may be the only group that lie about mpg more than pickup truck owners.
    People think I'm full of shit but I can get this and I'd never win a hypermiling competition. You can get crazy mileage out of them under the right conditions.

Midsize SUV Shopping/Research-img_20210405_150832-jpg

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Hybrid owners may be the only group that lie about mpg more than Ridgeline owners.
    fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    People think I'm full of shit but I can get this and I'd never win a hypermiling competition. You can get crazy mileage out of them under the right conditions.

Midsize SUV Shopping/Research-img_20210405_150832-jpg
    No doubt you can get crazy mpg on selected tanks. But that’s a single tank or trip, and is often taken from the trip computer, which are generally optimistic.

When someone says their vehicle is “averaging” 25% better mpg than the EPA highway rating (measured at 48mph) they are cherry picking data. Particularly suspicious of GM trucks as our Tahoe trip computer overstated MPG by 16%.

fixed that for you.
    Is a Ridgeline a pickup?

Both Ford and GM are working on unibody pickups. GM has a compact that won’t be sold in the US, but the Ford Maverick is scheduled for ‘22, based on the Bronco/Escape chassis.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...er-149072.html

Last edited by Garandman; 05-04-21 at 08:10 AM.

No doubt you can get crazy mpg on selected tanks. But that’s a single tank or trip, and is often taken from the trip computer, which are generally optimistic.
    In spring and fall, if I don't do a lot of interstate, I can consistently get mid to high 50s with the car. Summer and winter not so much. I did 500 miles the other day with the cruise basically parked on 75 and it was dead on 50. Winter time that speed yields low 40s and summer time I've dipped into the 30s in the city. Overall the car averages 50. Considering I don't hypermile and the thing has seen the limiter a few times it's hard to complain about that.

Everytime I've taken the mileage by hand it's been with 2mpg of what the car states.

My gearing is taller then in your car as well, so I'll see slightly better "high" speed figures.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

very interested to see the new 3rd row 2022 suvs (mostly pilot and pathfinder)...having my bluetooth cut out on me all the time is driving me nuts...wife's car doesn't have this issue

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    very interested to see the new 3rd row 2022 suvs (mostly pilot and pathfinder)...having my bluetooth cut out on me all the time is driving me nuts...wife's car doesn't have this issue
    We put a new Kenwood in our 2005 Outback. Even has wireless CarPlay.

Most OEM Infotainment systems are mediocre.

We put a new Kenwood in our 2005 Outback. Even has wireless CarPlay.

Most OEM Infotainment systems are mediocre.
    It’s the Bluetooth connection that sucks...used to work fine...now it cuts out while listening so I have to switch to the usb input on the head unit and manually shut off Bluetooth on the phone and hit play on the phone so I can listen without it cutting out...doing this also disables my garmin live traffic so that switches over to the traffic antenna which I had to buy separately just due to this issue...the car speakers are meh but they work good enough for me...not planning to spend any more money on this car since I’m getting ready to unload it for the suv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789