Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 77117137147148149150151152153154155156157
Results 3,901 to 3,917 of 3917

Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Re: Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    They have started to ban E-bikes on a lot of the legal trails out here. They results in 2-3x more runs. Combined with the extra weight, they really beats the shit out of everything. Could easily do 2-3 seasons worth of damage in 1.
    I've started seeing more of them around here. I think they would be fun, but not for the money they cost. I'll stick to the (much cheaper) motorized and pedal powered ones. Our trails are falling apart too, but it's due to the hordes of new riders going out in the mud and just the sheer number of wheels going over it, not e-bikes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That really sucks. Luckily we have an abundance of trail systems here. If I don't want to see people I just go to one of the less popular. With that being said the more popular ones are fairly busy.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I still can't tell if the trend is here to stay or if the bubble will pop as soon as bars open up and sports are back in session. At this point I could honestly see it going either way, most of the new riders I meet are having a great time and just need directions or a new inner tube. I love that more people are out enjoying the woods, I just hope it doesn't end up like skiing where crowds and high prices are the norm.

Riding a bike again. It's nice.

My Stumpjumper is fully dismantled. I'm giving it the old college try to replace all pivots, rebuilding the fox 34 and the RockShox Monarch on it. For ~$200 I got full rebuild kits, all the specialty tools needed, and enough fluids to do like 20 services. Then its likely up for sale or being brought back to the east coast.

I decided I wanted a big bike and I went against just about everyone's better judgement (even my own) and purchased a new 650b, a fancy 170mm coil fork. Stay tuned. I am going to cannibalize the cockpit and wheels from my current bike until I decide what I want and piece together new stuff together.

If anyone is in the market for a 230x65mm RockShox Super Deluxe RCT, one is coming on the new bike but will be replaced once I can track something else down. Finding bikes and parts is very hard right now. Especially a fancy rear shock.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 04-29-21 at 09:56 AM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Riding a bike again. It's nice.

My Stumpjumper is fully dismantled. I'm giving it the old college try to replace all pivots, rebuilding the fox 34 and the RockShox Monarch on it. For ~$200 I got full rebuild kits, all the specialty tools needed, and enough fluids to do like 20 services. Then its likely up for sale or being brought back to the east coast.

I decided I wanted a big bike and I went against just about everyone's better judgement (even my own) and purchased a new 650b, a fancy 170mm coil fork. Stay tuned. I am going to cannibalize the cockpit and wheels from my current bike until I decide what I want and piece together new stuff together.

If anyone is in the market for a 230x65mm RockShox Super Deluxe RCT, one is coming on the new bike but will be replaced once I can track something else down. Finding bikes and parts is very hard right now. Especially a fancy rear shock.
    congrats on the new bike!
    why would you replace the shock right away? might as well just ride it until you have the upgrade in hand. like you said just about everything i've tried to buy was backordered with no delivery date. luckily i'm pretty well outfitted for the foreseeable future, but i'm thinking about sending some suspension out for service since it never comes out as well as I want it to when I do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg21892 View Post
    congrats on the new bike!
    why would you replace the shock right away? might as well just ride it until you have the upgrade in hand. like you said just about everything i've tried to buy was backordered with no delivery date. luckily i'm pretty well outfitted for the foreseeable future, but i'm thinking about sending some suspension out for service since it never comes out as well as I want it to when I do it myself.
    The shock its coming with (RockShox Super Deluxe RCT) is not what I wanted. I'll ride it until I get a new one, but I can hopefully track something down before the first ride so I can sell it as new.
    The Fox Factory Float X2 was another option for +$300 when purchasing the frame, but also not what I really wanted either. So saved some money up front getting the cheapest option.
    I am sticking with air for the rear.

Nice, good idea.
    I've always been partial to coil stuff myself, but it's mostly because I have really crap luck with air shocks. I basically just ride rigid or hardtails except on the DH/enduro bikes now just because I'm sick of the constant maintenance and whatnot. I ride as a way to relax and unwind, so simple is good. The less I have to worry about the better.

Happy StarWars Day!

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I now have 4 bicycles plus the kiddo's stuff (a towable and a strider bike). I imagine we'll have a kid-size pedal before long. Garage is getting out of control. I have to do a full re-org. The motos are most of the problem. Ye ol Hardly Ableson takes up quite a bit of floorspace. But the bicycles are getting out of hand as well.

Anyone have any slick garage bicycle storage options they like?

This is a 24x24 2-car with ~10' ceilings. Theoretically tons of space. I have 2 hooks on the center beam that goes through the middle of the garage and used to hang my 2 bikes there, each from their rear wheel. The mtb against the wall and the roadie resting on the handlebars of the mtb. That only works for 2 though.
    Cool : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_deob4L4AEY

Possibly cooler : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tXYlUMkgY4

I like the first, the latter not as much. Having to strap and unstrap seems like too much work. Sounds silly, but that is where my head is at.

We have 4 permanently mounted vertical wall mounts in Boston and like them a lot. You can swivel the bikes to get them in/out easier. They weren't cheap. Can't remember the brand. Putting them on a slider would be pretty dope...

I'm with Jay, the first is awesome. it's making me wish I had some overhead space to install a rail like that.
    Thant and the girl rides by herself a lit and really hates picking up bikes like that. I'm tucking it away for when I've got my own place and still need to store a dozen bikes though.

The issue I envision with that pipe & loop solution is hooking the bikes up. Lifting a bike into place is usually a 2 handed job. No 3rd hand available to work the clasp. J-hooks are better.

I slapped a 2x4 scrap on the wall, lagged it to a couple studs and dropped in j-hooks angled down. That was fine at the time but I spaced them way too close together as I only had a fixed amount of space in that part of the garage. Now it is a nightmare to get any of the adult bikes out, especially my 27.5+. Especially now that we are dealing with 3+ kid bikes plus the kid-trailer.

Having all sorts of new bike woes, specifically bottom bracket ones so rush ordering parts left and right to get riding this weekend. I've only ever had BB30 & SRAM forever, so figuring out other things is weirddddd.
    Think I have it figured out.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Soo brought the tri bike to John in Providence for new crank bearings. I asked him after if he'd mind removing the pedals also.

He literally had those things off in 2 seconds.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

What is this thing worth? It's an old Trek Alpha 4500 that I built about a decade ago. My guess is in the $50-100 range, but I don't want to just throw it in the trash. Frame is either medium or large, I can't tell which.

Specs: Rock Shox Dart 2 fork, Crowbar bars, Shimano Sprint front & Deore rear derailleurs, Mavic X233 wheels with Deore hubs, FSA ISIS front crankset, Nashbar front and rear discs, Bontrager stem, Bontrager seat post.

The front fork has some pitting but still works, including the lockout. It needs a chain, a saddle, and maybe a rear cassette.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.-img_9908-jpg   Official non-motorized motorcycle thread.-img_9907-jpg  

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

First two rides were not the right trails for this bike, mostly XC, but oh well. We did get a couple flow trails with some jumps so at least that was fun.

Quick thoughts:
    - I knew front fork was over sprung out of the box, but didn't imagine it would matter that much. Trying to find a spring in stock is tough.
    - The Canfield suspension design is 10x better than FSR. Its either really good, FSR is complete trash, or likely a combo of the two. Specialized ditched FSR so I think that says something. The uphill efficiency is incredibly
    - The Magura MT7 brakes are very, very, very good. Need to get used to them, they bite really hard. I think it was a combo of the dry conditions and a pretty worn tire, but modulating the rear was tough. Front was amazing.
    - Jumping is a lot more forgiving with the extra travel and longer wheel base. The more linear design makes take offs more predictable and landings smoother.

Bike photos:

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; Today at 12:53 PM.

Beautiful!
    I've been on canfield bikes for almost 10 years now and I've got to agree, Chris and Lance know how to design a linkage.