Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...

Re: Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...

Ran the numbers on the Super Duty, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. That said, I put a deposit on this Colorado today and will likely be going to pick up tomorrow morning.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Ran the numbers on the Super Duty, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. That said, I put a deposit on this Colorado today and will likely be going to pick up tomorrow morning.
    In all seriousness, did you look at Ridgeline as well? If you ended up with a full-sized Sierra or something I wouldn't have bothered asking.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Dealer lots here in the valley are barren. I test drove a Silverado this morning, came to a deal (cash buy), went back to my office to do some paperwork and cut a check...they sold the truck in the interim! Nobody is accepting deposits for vehicles that are moving, trucks, suvs and certain cars. Insane. Ive never seen anything like this. I will likely have to buy the truck before it arrives to ensure I get one. Iíve got an F150 lease ending in a few weeks, I need to look into buying/selling it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    In all seriousness, did you look at Ridgeline as well? If you ended up with a full-sized Sierra or something I wouldn't have bothered asking.
    Bed is too short in the Ridgeline for my needs, otherwise I’d do it.

My friend who just bought new Honda Ridgeline about 6 months ago is looking to sell it to CarMax. They offered $1000 more than what he bought it for. He's the type to keep his vehicles long term but the Tundra has been tempting him and Carmax's deal is good.

If I was in the market for the truck or SUV I would get the Ridgeline as I don't need anything serious at all. But I much prefer cars

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited by SwiftTone; 06-03-21 at 09:17 PM.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Well this is off to a great start. First question the salesperson asked me is “what would you like your payment to be?”

Well this is off to a great start. First question the salesperson asked me is “what would you like your payment to be?”
    Ask him where they keep the time machine to transport everyone back to 1981?

p.s. If that's their training, you might be at the wrong place.

I won’t be dealing with this dealership long term, they’re two hours away. Just here because they have the truck in stock with the correct mix of features.

As soon as she said that line I said “you’re not allowed to say that again until you give me the trade in value and I decide how much I want to finance and for how long.”

I won’t be dealing with this dealership long term, they’re two hours away. Just here because they have the truck in stock with the correct mix of features.

As soon as she said that line I said “you’re not allowed to say that again until you give me the trade in value and I decide how much I want to finance and for how long.”
    My preference is,

"I can also do arithmetic. Let's agree on a cash deal, how much I have to pay you in cash, OTD, net of my trade." If that number makes sense, we have a deal. Then I'll run some loan numbers based on the current rates at my credit union. After that, if you can do better, I'll consider it. I'd strongly prefer to make this simple and friendly, can you help with that?"

Its infuriating, but also fine. Infuriating because it works on people with limited financial knowledge or those that really can't afford a new car. They got my sister over a barrel many years ago when she lived in New Orleans, and she had no idea she got hosed until we explained it to her. Granted, it was back in the "3 V-Dubs for under 17 thousand days" so the total dollar impact of said hosing was not crazy.

Easy to get around, I would not avoid a place that had the car I want because of it.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

They came in over CarFax with their trade offer. Dealing with financing now which is proving to be a bit of a problem. My wife and I are both on the loan and they want her signature in person. She gave birth 11 days ago and is nursing, so absolutely not driving to Springfield.

They literally tried Supreme Court cases on Zoom last year, you sure you can’t figure something out?

They came in over CarFax with their trade offer. Dealing with financing now which is proving to be a bit of a problem. My wife and I are both on the loan and they want her signature in person. She gave birth 11 days ago and is nursing, so absolutely not driving to Springfield.

They literally tried Supreme Court cases on Zoom last year, you sure you can’t figure something out?
    As someone that deals with legal paperwork on a daily basis I side with the dealer. They are covering their ass. Gone are the days "she's my wife I can sign for her". For all they know she's chained up in your basement and you're borrowing money under her name. Even if its a legal marriage nobody knows the actual relationship status.

Possible solution is have it signed and notarized.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

This is interesting. Got a CarMax offer for my 2016 Ram with 85k miles for $25k, I bought it for $28k 3.5 years ago with 30k miles on it. Owe about $10k on it.
    I have questions.

As I recall, your Ram is a 1500 quad-cab, V8, 4x4 reasonably well outfitted.

F350 godzilla to a Colorado? Pretty hard-core course change. What does the Colorado do that the Ram doesn't?

Curious because until things went wild I had been half thinking about trying to put a pickup back in my driveway. I've been all over the map from a Ridgeline or quad-cab Taco to a 3/4 ton reg-cab work-truck to a half-ton quad-cab and seemingly everywhere between. I'd been leaning away from the mid-sizers because the price/capacity just doesn't seem great. Also I loved having a smooth, low-stressed V8. Curious to see you going the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I have questions.

As I recall, your Ram is a 1500 quad-cab, V8, 4x4 reasonably well outfitted.

F350 godzilla to a Colorado? Pretty hard-core course change. What does the Colorado do that the Ram doesn't?

Curious because until things went wild I had been half thinking about trying to put a pickup back in my driveway. I've been all over the map from a Ridgeline or quad-cab Taco to a 3/4 ton reg-cab work-truck to a half-ton quad-cab and seemingly everywhere between. I'd been leaning away from the mid-sizers because the price/capacity just doesn't seem great. Also I loved having a smooth, low-stressed V8. Curious to see you going the other way.
    The Tremor Super Duty was a highly irrational thing that I want but don’t even remotely need. Even after the big trade in value on the Ram, once I ran the numbers I came back to earth.

The Ram is a nice truck, it’s all the things you remember it being. It has 85k miles on it now and even though there isn’t anything wrong with it, it’s around the corner. Had there not been a $25k trade in offer on it, I would still be driving it.

When I bought the Ram, I wanted the Colorado. At the time the numbers didn’t make sense so I bought a 2 year old Ram with 30k miles for $28k. The numbers on the Colorado haven’t changed, but the rest of the market has. Half tons are only seeing a $2k rebate rather than the $10k of the golden years. Certainly doesn’t mean I had to play along with the market today, but this is the truck I want. $42k Z71 long box crew cab fully loaded. Also the hippie granola in me wants the extra 5 mpg I’ll get from this truck.

Obligatory new truck pic:
    Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...-dd0591c0-b2e8-4ae5-9c96-4c9c906fa157

Another reason behind getting a new truck is the dynamic has changed a bit with the addition of baby #2. 1 child plus dog was fine in the back seat previously, the luggage would go under the bed cover. 2 kids is a different story, so I was going to add a cap to the bed. I’d been holding off a bit because a $2,500 cap purchase for a truck with nearly 100k miles was rubbing me the wrong way. I just ordered an ARE CX with roof rack system for the Colorado. Dog can live in the back for trips and it’s tall enough that bicycles will be secure inside as well. The cap can be removed with 6 quick clamps and a single wiring harness connector. I’ll add a hoist in the roof of my garage to lift it off by the roof rack, should be able to remove in 10 minutes if I need an open bed.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I tought I would remove and replace my tonneau cover as needed. Hasn't been back on the truck since I got it. In all likelihood, the cap will not come off once you put it on.

Paul_E_D

New trucks are really tempting right now, but even though I'm gonna spend a few grand dealing with this shit it's still cheaper then a new one. I also really like the beast, so I'm going to keep swearing and draining my account on it for a while longer yet. I'll throw in the towel one day, but not yet!

Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...-truck-jpg

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...-41b9ff93-229d-43c0-9d1f-565147717a81
    Obligatory new truck pic:
    Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...-dd0591c0-b2e8-4ae5-9c96-4c9c906fa157

Another reason behind getting a new truck is the dynamic has changed a bit with the addition of baby #2. 1 child plus dog was fine in the back seat previously, the luggage would go under the bed cover. 2 kids is a different story, so I was going to add a cap to the bed. I’d been holding off a bit because a $2,500 cap purchase for a truck with nearly 100k miles was rubbing me the wrong way. I just ordered an ARE CX with roof rack system for the Colorado. Dog can live in the back for trips and it’s tall enough that bicycles will be secure inside as well. The cap can be removed with 6 quick clamps and a single wiring harness connector. I’ll add a hoist in the roof of my garage to lift it off by the roof rack, should be able to remove in 10 minutes if I need an open bed.

Your park avenue leads to..

I guess I'll share too. My gf took an hour drive to enjoy it, gifted her new RDX to her parents and took their 2015 Altima. Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    I guess I'll share too. My gf took an hour drive to enjoy it, gifted her new RDX to her parents and took their 2015 Altima. Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...Selling my leased Honda to Carvana/CarMax etc...

That’s daughter of the year material!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    That’s daughter of the year material!
    Now if I could figure out how to make herself gf of the year...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12