Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Solar panels

Lifer

Re: Solar panels

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    Are you sure that's not for an 8kw system, or one with a powerwall? I don't think they could have doubled their prices, solar is basically a commodity at this point and while Tesla has been the cheapest they're certainly not half the price of anyone else. If so, that would certainly be harder to justify. Our system has only been active since January so it's hard to tell what the whole year will look like.
    Thats for one without a power wall. Tesla just rate jacked tons of customers this month. Basically told them to pay more money or they wont complete the solar job. Lots of people seeing over a 100% increase to there install bill.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Everybody to the limit!

I think that's just for the solar roof? Mine are traditional panels.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    I think that's just for the solar roof? Mine are traditional panels.
    Yes, the biggest increase was for the roof. Traditional panels still saw roughly a 50% increase by Tesla just last week.

So your system would be about $12k now.

Tesla did the panels on the garage. Good but not great job.. they take a cookie-cutter approach to maintain the lowest costs. Overall satisfied with the work as it didn't need to be pretty. Always ask exactly where the conduits will run. Be sure to ask again when they are on-site. No matter who does it, if the runs are going over the outside of the roof and jumping around corners inside, it will just look like shit.

Use my referral here to give us both $100 if you ever pick them.

Solar panels-pxl_20210423_170442366-mp-jpg

I had mine done 3 years back through Bellingham based Mass Renewables. Good team, finished the work super fast. Nice check every month from National Grid, I also had the Tesla powerbrick installed. Has sustained us many times over the last 3 years through multiple power outages, couple in deep winter.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tell us more about your power wall.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Tell us more about your power wall.
    I think it was 7K, cant remember the #s but you get a decent kick back for discharging the battery i.e. not pulling from the grid. Have lost power a few times, couple of times for over 4 to 10 hours,kept major appliances, heat on, even had smaller tablets routers on.
    Tesla app is great too, it fully charges the battery if there is an impending storm. So far very pleased.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Thats for one without a power wall. Tesla just rate jacked tons of customers this month. Basically told them to pay more money or they wont complete the solar job. Lots of people seeing over a 100% increase to there install bill.
    Thought that was just on contracts over 1 year old? Not sure what would cause someone to take over a year to get it done. Maybe covid?

I took over 1 year. My initial contact was to do a solar hot-water heating system because I thought those were still a thing. They pushed me away from that kind of system, especially for existing construction and instead into a hybrid/heat-pump water heater + PV electrics. Since the hot water was the priority to fix and the heat pump heater works without PV electrics, we nixed that from the plan for $ reasons. Then came back to it when we felt we had the budget. Also of consideration were the tapering off federal tax benefits.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234