Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 95135155165166167168169170171172173174175
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4375

Nervous yet? covid-19

Everybody to the limit!

Re: Nervous yet? covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    I would think the next variant would go hard with vaccinated people also no?
    I believe the theory is that one reason covid hit so hard is that it's a novel coronavirus that our immune systems have not encountered before. So vaccination should provide some protection against the variants - even if they don't provide immunity, the risk of hospitalization and death should be significantly reduced.

That aligns with the argument I've heard that covid 19 and it's variants are here to stay, but as our bodies get used to them they should become just another variant of seasonal cold/flu.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    I believe the theory is that one reason covid hit so hard is that it's a novel coronavirus that our immune systems have not encountered before. So vaccination should provide some protection against the variants - even if they don't provide immunity, the risk of hospitalization and death should be significantly reduced.

That aligns with the argument I've heard that covid 19 and it's variants are here to stay, but as our bodies get used to them they should become just another variant of seasonal cold/flu.
    Part of the reason we have the variants is because before vaccine the disease was free to spread and mutate as it went along.

In the future reducing the spread with vaccinated people will help reduce variants.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    Was out of commission hard with Covid March 13-25.
    Got Pfizer shot #1 on April 9. Light symptoms the following day, mostly just fatigue.
    Got shot #2 this morning. Only 12 hours later and I’m already starting to feel pretty crappy: aches, chills, light fever.
    I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be rough.
    I caught the bug on March 31st. Kicked the shit out of me for a couple weeks.

I got the J&J shot Thursday night. Felt horrible yesterday, little better today but still crappy.

After having the disease in March, I finally got the vaccine on Saturday -- Pfizer #1. I guess my immune system works, was a rough day yesterday. Fever hit 102 and in the morning I was too weak to get out of bed. Still have a slight fever today but I seem to be recovering rapidly.

One thing I forgot to do is drink tons of water on the day of the vaccine. I woke up at 4am Sunday gasping because I was so dehydrated. I will not repeat that mistake three weeks from now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

First shot for me was nothing but a sore arm, fortunately not so bad that I couldn't swap my winter wheels off the car that day. Second gave me mild headache, body aches, and chills for a day or so, no fever.

I don't know why people are scoffing at the sore arm. Of course you should expect some soreness at the site, but this was worse than other shots for me. It's still something out of the ordinary, so doesn't that count as a side effect?

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    My daughter's due in a bit more than a week and got her second shot last week. She and her husband have been super-cautious about quarantining as much as possible, but she got the vaccine as soon as it was available - after discussing it with her doctor. She viewed quarantining+vaccine to be a better alternative than just quarantining. It's reasonable for others to reach a different conclusion.

One factor in her decision was a study published by JAMA Pediatrics that concluded that pregnant women who got Covid-19 had a higher mortality rate and more complications compared to pregnant women without Covid-19. The study was a relatively small cohort (2130 women in 18 countries). The conclusions of this study may not be significant enough to be applied to pregnant women in general, but it does indicate increased risk if a pregnant woman gets Covid-19.

Another factor was an analysis of national surveillance data that included pregnancy status of 409,462 women with symptomatic COVID-19 illness through October 3, 2020. The adjusted risk ratio in pregnant women (vs those of similar age and not pregnant) was 3.0 for intensive care unit admission, 2.9 for mechanical ventilation, and 1.7 for death. This was published by JAMA as a Viewpoint, and was data analysis, not a controlled study.
    This jives with what I've been hearing from pregnant friends, and what I read when I was pregnant. Pregnancy does fucky things with your blood/oxygen supply and increases risks of clots. So does COVID. The risks from the vaccine are far lower than the risks from getting COVID while pregnant, in my personal opinion.

The real question is “what does the vaccine have to do with Bill & Melinda Gates divorce”?

Quote Originally Posted by StrayNut View Post
    First shot for me was nothing but a sore arm, fortunately not so bad that I couldn't swap my winter wheels off the car that day. Second gave me mild headache, body aches, and chills for a day or so, no fever.
    If you haven't had the disease, the first shot introduces your immune system to the virus but it's more or less gone by the time the immune system reacts. Therefore the first shot is much milder than the second, which is a sort of dry run for fighting the disease.

If you've already had the disease, your immune system is already trained, so both shots are pretty unpleasant. It's theorized that if you've had the disease, you get adequate protection with only one shot. Unfortunately no one's formally tested this so they can't make that recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayNut View Post
    I don't know why people are scoffing at the sore arm. Of course you should expect some soreness at the site, but this was worse than other shots for me. It's still something out of the ordinary, so doesn't that count as a side effect?
    Agree -- at the end of the vaccine day I could barely lift my arm over my head. I suppose it's because the site of the shot is where all the mRNA is, and hence where the fake virus is manufactured, and so it's natural there would be a lot of inflammation there.

Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)

Lifer

Got Pfizer #2 yesterday. No side effects yet except a sore arm - and so far it's no where near as sore as after #1. I did drink a ton of water beforehand.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bonk!; 05-04-21 at 09:18 AM.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

I think they should small pox blanket that shit right into the randy vaccine exclusion zone.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

India is getting an ass kicking by Covid and finally hitting close to home. An 80+ year old Uncle passed away...he had both AZ shots too. Hearing a bunch of anecdotal bad stuff.

The AZ didn't do well against variants in the real world iirc. Unfortunate.

Yes I was just reading that the AZ vaccine fails on the SA variant.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=3bcf1786526e

Getting India vaccinated needs to be the planet's #1 priority, otherwise we're going to be playing variant whack-a-mole for the next few decades.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)

Lifer

Received my second poke of Moderna yesterday.

We get to the hospital and they tell us that they were out of doses and that we needed to call them in a few days. What bullshit. We called around and ended up traveling about 30 minutes to another hospital that had them.

Girlfriend had chills all night along with fever-like symptoms. I didn’t fare too well either. All day a mixture of chills, muscle fatigue, and headaches. Hope this passes.

Costco had a sign up saying thry have vaccine, and I heard on the news today CVS has made shots generally available.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Last edited by Garandman; 05-06-21 at 06:25 PM.
    “When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

UMass Amherst down to 3 positive tests, and total of 16 active cases. You can get vaccinations on campus.

https://www.umass.edu/coronavirus/dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    India is getting an ass kicking by Covid and finally hitting close to home. An 80+ year old Uncle passed away...he had both AZ shots too. Hearing a bunch of anecdotal bad stuff.
    I have several subcontractors around Mumbai and Hyderabad, with hundreds of employees. Everything I hear is pretty grim.

Was just out at Watkins Geln and was surprised how seriously people still treat Covid precautions. I was expecting more of the NH fuck it attitude due to the rural area, but people were legit still giving each other wide berths in stores and going out of there way to not be near you. Reminiscent of a year ago.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Yeah certainly nothing to be taken seriously

Had my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning, other than a sore arm, no side effects.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Had my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning, other than a sore arm, no side effects.
    Took a day both time for my side effects to come in. For the most part just felt beat up. Recovery after a day felt almost instant.

James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

I had the 2nd Pfizer on Tuesday. A little run down and tired. But nothing completely out of the ordinary as we have 2 young kids. Arm was no joke sore.

Wife got her 2nd of the same on Friday and is wiped out. (Happy mother's day.) Yesterday she said her bones felt like they were on fire. I hope she'll be back in commission tomorrow as it is full-on Mr Mom status here.

The first shot hit me a lot harder than her as I had chills the night after. She was fine.

What do you know...

Patriot League Lacrosse final scheduled this weekend, Lehigh versus Loyola.

But Loyola had a player test positive. So league championship and automatic bid to national tournament awarded to Lehigh.

As of April 27, 222,848 Boston residents have been fully vaccinated. That’s 38.3% of the City’s population aged 16 and older.

As of May 4, more than 6.3 million #COVID19 vaccine doses have been administered and more than 2.6 million people are now fully vaccinated in Massachusetts.

Last edited by Garandman; Yesterday at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    The real question is “what does the vaccine have to do with Bill & Melinda Gates divorce”?
    The shot must have improved his vision.

Well, surprising to no one, the entire northeast is at 50%+ with 1 or more shot, for their entire population. 60%+ for 18+ with most in the mid 60s or low 70s. The south on the other hand is doing terribly.

I'm really interested in seeing the weekly cases update on Wednesday from the cdc tracker. Last week was the lowest we've been since the fall. It'd be rad to get below 300k cases/wk.