Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

rides on 6/19 or 6/20

rides on 6/19 or 6/20

anyone riding franklin/hodges or nearby areas this weekend?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Re: rides on 6/19 or 6/20

I will be in franklin Saturday @ noonish Im Test riding my new KDX so the pace will be slower then normal

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Ill be in franklin around 9am saturday. Its going to be a warm one. Ill have a crf 250 and a ktm 125 sx.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Ill be in franklin around 9am saturday. Its going to be a warm one. Ill have a crf 250 and a ktm 125 sx.

I will be sleeping

nice, I'm probably in for both...my phone is dead, so just look for a corolla and the RM125 or XR200R at aforementioned times...if I'm not there in 15 mins, I'm not coming

James: is this a fast day for you?

Last edited by breakdirt916; 06-18-10 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    nice, I'm probably in for both...my phone is dead, so just look for a corolla and the RM125 or XR200R at aforementioned times...if I'm not there in 15 mins, I'm not coming

James: is this a fast day for you?

We'll have to see how the knee holds up. Still bruised from 3 weeks ago but its feeling a ton better. What happened to Tyler this year?

James

sorry James...I might not make it for saturday...home at 2:30 with all the usual shenanigans, but I'll try!

the RM still doesn't have any rear brakes, so it'll probably be the XR...

slept in late...hope you had fun James

let's see that KDX tomorrow squirrel...I'll be there at noon with a RM sans rear brakes

the first 15-20 mins were ugly...I was putt-putting in 2nd gear on the main trails going over the rocks and pebbles on the trails thinking "how the hell do people ride this? this sucks!"

then after a few rides down the power lines I finally figured out that the rock sections need to be in at least in 3rd gear, on the pipe with the RM. I'm still sloppy as hell and suck at going fast, but it finally got more fun when I was carrying some momentum and then burned through all the gas I brought

the RM spooged less, but still spooged onto the swing arm nonetheless. The bike only idles when you don't want it to (ie. coasting into the parking lot) and there's no chance it'll stay running you panic brake before a mud hole. I tried bleeding the rear brakes with no success...I need to fix those eventually. And I didn't run the FWW today but I'm really anxious to see if I like it.

I'm sure it's just paranoia, but what are the signs and symptoms of a failing transmission?

Last edited by breakdirt916; 06-20-10 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post

the first 15-20 mins were ugly...I was putt-putting in 2nd gear on the main trails going over the rocks and pebbles on the trails thinking "how the hell do people ride this? this sucks!"

then after a few rides down the power lines I finally figured out that the rock sections need to be in at least in 3rd gear, on the pipe with the RM. I'm still sloppy as hell and suck at going fast, but it finally got more fun when I was carrying some momentum and then burned through all the gas I brought

the RM spooged less, but still spooged onto the swing arm nonetheless. The bike only idles when you don't want it to (ie. coasting into the parking lot) and there's no chance it'll stay running you panic brake before a mud hole. I tried bleeding the rear brakes with no success...I need to fix those eventually. And I didn't run the FWW today but I'm really anxious to see if I like it.

I'm sure it's just paranoia, but what are the signs and symptoms of a failing transmission?

stand up and look forward, roll the gas

that's the ticket

I want to get some more saddle time...looking at the schedule, 6/30, 4th of july weekend (7/3, 7/4, 7/5), 7/17, and 7/18 look like potential ride dates (unless I'm scheduled to work) until August...I'll lurk around for rides