Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bike transportation, South FL to MA

Bike transportation, South FL to MA

My buddy is trying to buy a SV off wera, it is well set up, fully loaded with a suit, tires, tons of spares, the works, even a small trailer potentially but the trailer will probably not turn out to be part of the deal. He wants to spend 5k for the bike and it being shipped or brought up by someone. the guy is willing to keep some spares and the trailer to make up some of the price difference etc... Is anyone going down and back and want some gas money? i know Mauro#749 is but i dont think hes coming back, anyone delt with shipping companies? he can probably get the bike for around 4250-4500 so 500-750 is about his top for the delivery/shipping. Any ideas will be helpful, we have thought about taking the drive but 15 mpg in my truck is about 275 gallons of gas would be well over 1k dollars plus oiul change, wear and tear etc.... the guy isnt really willing to help with the delivery/meeting but the bike is so worth it with all the spares and whatnot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Bike transportation, South FL to MA

Dude, I am so broke right now, if I got better gas mileage, I would go and get it for you.

Is Richie Pittenger heading up this way anytime soon? PM him.

Last edited by eboos; 08-16-11 at 04:15 PM.

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

Quote Originally Posted by eboos
    Dude, I am so broke right now, if I got better gas mileage, I would go and get it for you.

Is Richie Pittenger heading up this way anytime soon? PM him.
    Mpg and gas cost is the killer, even thought of asking Scottie Ducati to take the jetta tdi but even at 40mpg its about $400 in gas plus toles, time, maintenance etc....

Corey

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    My buddy is trying to buy a SV off wera, it is well set up, fully loaded with a suit, tires, tons of spares, the works, even a small trailer potentially but the trailer will probably not turn out to be part of the deal. He wants to spend 5k for the bike and it being shipped or brought up by someone. the guy is willing to keep some spares and the trailer to make up some of the price difference etc... Is anyone going down and back and want some gas money? i know Mauro#749 is but i dont think hes coming back, anyone delt with shipping companies? he can probably get the bike for around 4250-4500 so 500-750 is about his top for the delivery/shipping. Any ideas will be helpful, we have thought about taking the drive but 15 mpg in my truck is about 275 gallons of gas would be well over 1k dollars plus oiul change, wear and tear etc.... the guy isnt really willing to help with the delivery/meeting but the bike is so worth it with all the spares and whatnot.
    For 500-750 he should easily be able to do Forward Air. Load the crate with all of the other stuff inside and bammo. Done. Easy. Otherwise you need your own crate and it can be a real pain. LMK if you have any questions.

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Go online and google "uship" Place an shipping ad and you will get bids from a bunch of bike transportation companies.

I have had a few bikes shipped this way and never a problem. The guy I used on a couple moves was "I95 Transporter" he is based out of Florida and a really good guy to deal with. No crating required!! Look him up on "uship" and see if he cant help you out.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peterz85 View Post
    Go online and google "uship" Place an shipping ad and you will get bids from a bunch of bike transportation companies.

I have had a few bikes shipped this way and never a problem. The guy I used on a couple moves was "I95 Transporter" he is based out of Florida and a really good guy to deal with. No crating required!! Look him up on "uship" and see if he cant help you out.

Pete

they can be hit or miss.

another forum I'm on we all bought back a bike for one of the guys (long story short, he organizers our annual track days and medically can't ride any so we wanted to give him back the last race bike he had built). It was going from CA to MI and was supposed to take I think 2 weeks. It ended up in TX at some point when we made the decision to have one of the members grab it a couple days before the track days in MI and bring it with him.

This was posted on Dieselplace.
    I am driving from Mass to Georgia to pick up a 7x12 enclosed trailer and then obviously back to Mass. Anyone need anything hauled? I wouldn't mind going a bit farther south or west if need be to make my trip more worth it. I don't have a set date yet on when I will be going but it will be by the end of September.
    http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=430889

Bruce
    2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary
    2003 Honda RC51

I used Keyboard to ship a bike last year. Would recommend them. Was pretty reasonable too. Definitely in your price range.