Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

favor to ask

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

favor to ask

I need a bike for wifey. Preferably a cheap on cruiser type. looks do not matter as we will paint it. I am looking for something that runs well or may need a little bit or work. I would prefer to buy from someone I know so if you have one sittin in the garage or know someone that does and it's just been collectin dust, ask how much they want.

Here is what I am lookin for.

Older cruiser style, little rust as possible (only cosmetic requirement), for a grand or less.

I know this is not easy but that's what I need. Mick was selling his '79 XS1100 to me but some things went wrong and it isn't gonna happen at this point. To give an idea - that would have been perfect for her. Something over 500cc's too.

If you wouldn't mind just keepin an eye out for me. I don't have a lot of money as we are tryin to buy a house next summer but this is something that we both really want. as long as it is mechanically sound (some work due to sitting is fine) I will be happy. Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

BC Motorsports

Nikon -

I see you're in Vermont - I have a friend that has a bike shop, he usually has a couple bikes like that around, give him a call - Brad at BC Motorsports 802-877-6525.

favor to ask

I may be able to help you, 82 Suzuki GS 550 L looks great, runs great, new chain, tires and some other stuff. We got it from someone who couldn't get it to run. We got it running and have used it as a spare, but it doesn't move much. I promissed I'd give the previous owner first dibs if I sold it, so I'll call him tomorrow and see if he's interested, if not I'll let you know.

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Re: BC Motorsports

Originally posted by highsider
    Nikon -

I see you're in Vermont - I have a friend that has a bike shop, he usually has a couple bikes like that around, give him a call - Brad at BC Motorsports 802-877-6525.
    where is BC motorsports? Could you do me a favor? If you wouldn't mind callin him for me...I think that you callin and asking would sound better than "Hi..my name is Will and I know this guy that says he's a friend of yours. he said you may be able to hook me up with an old bike that runs for cheap...." I don't know how that would go over.

Bras cause cancer.

favor to ask

Originally posted by bbhzx12
    I may be able to help you, 82 Suzuki GS 550 L looks great, runs great, new chain, tires and some other stuff. We got it from someone who couldn't get it to run. We got it running and have used it as a spare, but it doesn't move much. I promissed I'd give the previous owner first dibs if I sold it, so I'll call him tomorrow and see if he's interested, if not I'll let you know.
    Thanks Brian. Let me know please. The cheaper the better. I was gonn abuy Mick's bike for 500 bills and there are 2 bikes over at ODFU that are sellin at 700 and 900. I called wifey to see her interest and she was tellin me to stop lookin. I think that if I can find a decent runnin bike that "wont be more of a headache than it's worth" (as she puts it)I think that I can get her interest to turn. Again. I really appreciate the effort guys and I need to make it clear that I need this bike for cheap. I am lookin for something that people just want to get rid of or consider it a "donation to Will's wifey" fund where I will give you some money for your effort. I really think that I need something to be around the price of Mick's to get this to happen. Throw a price out there at me and I will toss it to her but I need it to be as low as possible....
    Again. I can't thank you guys enough for your effort. I REALLY appreciate it.

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

favor to ask

Only thing he has -

1985 Honda V30 Magna VF500S - under 14k, just gone through, wont give her any trouble, only problem - he's asking $1500 O/B/O.....

Said he sold out of the cheap bikes and hasn't bothered to find any more.

Sorry

Littering and........

Ad in the Burlington Free Press

Hey -

I just found this ad in the Free Press -

YAMAHA MAXIM 1987 750 great condition, needs a little work, $500 or best offer, lots of extras. Call (802) 2447419.

Re: Ad in the Burlington Free Press

Originally posted by highsider
    Hey -

I just found this ad in the Free Press -

YAMAHA MAXIM 1987 750 great condition, needs a little work, $500 or best offer, lots of extras. Call (802) 2447419.
    i left them a message. thanks Chirs

Bras cause cancer.

Favor...

I have a favor to ask Nikon...WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU COMIN UP WITH OUR SURPRISE DAMMIT!!!!!

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

favor to ask

i already told you. I will be there labor day weekend.....just a week and a half away

Bras cause cancer.