Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Db testing?

Post Db testing?

Just got my new 08 GSX-R 1000 the other day, totally stoked just waiting for the snow to go away!!! Anyway it has had the cat removed and is running a Jardine GP1 system with no db killers in the pipes. I am not use to running a loud bike and was just wondering how long it will take to get an eyebrow raised by Johny law. I am not a rev happy person, but this bike is loud just on idle, to me anyway. So my question to the forum is have you ever gotten pulled over for loud pipes, and if so, what were the associated warnings/fines? Also someone told me that the state db law level has changed, is there any validity to that?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Db testing?

I have a 2004 R1 with a full Graves race system on it. Loud on idle but not to bad when cruising. Never once have i been bothered. I thought when i first put the exhaust on that it would be a issue but it never has been. When your really on the gas tho.....

Quote Originally Posted by soloithtz View Post
    Also someone told me that the state db law level has changed, is there any validity to that?
    which state ?

the law proposed in NH last year was sent to study committee and has not passed yet

I have a DB meter

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I'm referring to the NH law, so it hasn't been passed? Is 106 the current db level?

106 is current, we will pass bikes if the baffle is still in the exaust if it is aftermarket, new law seems to state any alteration of the exaust will be illegal, however federal laws state anything to alter the emmision system of a motorcycle or car is illegal...this state is getting crazy, from speed limit laws in boats to new helmet laws throw the live free or die slogan out the window i guess

Plaistow Powersports Racing
    Lrrs/ccs/ahrma EX #26

I have a Jap Yosh shorty and my bud runs a cut down Yosh, both 05-06 Gsxr 1k's and we never have any problems...Just keep it off the limiter

Quote Originally Posted by pps216 View Post
    106 is currents
    yes, and advantage for thumpers & twins that are tested at 2800 rpm unlike trips & up that are tested at 3500

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

i need to ride with this guy

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

JUst coast past the LEO's

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

I'm guessing you're from Leb NH, I use to work in leb and another guy there has/had an R1 with dual Yosh cans...the straight through open cans. Anyhow he picked up a tail in Plainfield and he pulled into a friends garage and the cop did too, then proceeded to give him a ration of shit about the exhaust being illegal (without testing it in anyway shape or form) Needless to say, he was told if he rode it off the property he'd get ticketed, bike impounded, etc.

That was 2 years ago and I can tell you without a doubt, those Jardine things are a lot louder than those Yosh cans. It didn't take long at all for us to dig up info on noise and to find out the cop was wrong...but still. That was a lot of un-wanted attention for him and possible impound fees or whatever. I can only imagine what would have been the outcome if he stood there telling the cop he was wrong.

If you have Jardine GP1 pipes, then the cat hasn't been removed.. they clamp straight to the cat. A slip on, like what I have would eliminate the cat completely (and drop a lot more weight).

If you got the OEM cans with the bike you could stick those back on if it's too loud for you, then buy something better later.

As for the bike I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The k5/6 guys all hate the k7/8...but oh well. Drop a tooth on the front sprocket, add one in the rear and hang the F on

DB testing.

If they look, act or talk like Jim then they are certainly a DB.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

The cat was taken off and replaced with a straight Y pipe back to the Jardine slash cut tips so it is wide open. If I get too much attention from the local fuzz I'll put the db killers into the tips to tone it down a few dbs. Like I said going from a baffled 750 to an open 1000 its hard to gauge what is too loud, but I would probably be downgraded if I was in a pack of Harley's !