Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 414151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Re: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

The fact that there's no database already sitting behind all the police reports that include VIN information is amazing. Literally what is the point, except to show an insurance company that a report was filed. JFC do something.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Hypertarded

cool video of the chase, not youtube so can't imbed
    Massachusetts State Police video shows officers chasing down, arresting dirt bike riders
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/massachus...164149324.html
    Multiple law enforcement agencies team up to crack down on illegal dirt bike and ATV riding in Lawrence, Massachusetts, arresting seven suspects. (Credit: Massachusetts State Police/BODY CAMS+/TMX)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    cool video of the chase, not youtube so can't imbed
    Massachusetts State Police video shows officers chasing down, arresting dirt bike riders
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/massachus...164149324.html
    these are great...i'd love to see more...i assume drone footage and not helicopter?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    .i assume drone footage and not helicopter?
    News article I saw indicated Chopper

aawwww yeaaah, busted!

Lifer

IIRC a day or so prior one of these hooligans assaulted a cop.

"Investigators noted that earlier this week, an MSP Gang Unit officer was hurt when he was assaulted by a suspect while responding to an off-road vehicle incident in Lawrence. The man was arrested for assault and battery on a police officer."

A fine example of, "F around and find out."

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    The fact that there's no database already sitting behind all the police reports that include VIN information is amazing. Literally what is the point, except to show an insurance company that a report was filed. JFC do something.
    Most dirt bike riders don't get a title in MA because they would have to pay sales tax.

The CRF100F we bought was purchased new in NH, ridden in MA, sold to a second owner, and then to us. We sold it on as well. In our case it stayed in NH as it wasn't worth buying a MA ORV permit for the very few trails available.

Based on the 12 O'Clock boys video, many of the bikes were stolen, then stolen again. Sadly they problably wind up in a crusher.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    ...... many of the bikes were stolen, then stolen again. Sadly they problably wind up in a crusher.
    And sadder still, not much of a deterrent when said bike being crushed isn't the perpetrators property....and he get's no time for the theft or the "civil" disobedience...

Lifer

I’m curious about wha percentage of these riders stole the bike they’re riding personally, or paid for a stolen bike someone else stole as their business.

My guess is that there are groups of thieves profiting by selling the bikes they steal to riders.

These crimes down 85%.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 11-30-23 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Fucking glorious. The only downside to doing it here is a reduction in the number of videos circulating where these scumbags eat shit on their moped/stolen atv/gixxah. I never get tired of watching them get injured.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Fucking glorious. The only downside to doing it here is a reduction in the number of videos circulating where these scumbags eat shit on their moped/stolen atv/gixxah. I never get tired of watching them get injured.
    Glorious, indeed. The problem here would be that in the UK they actually train officers for this. Here, we'd just have over-armed, badged, wannabe tough guys trying this. The perps would get more severely injured and the lawyers would line up to sue and the cops would probably get a back/neck injury and lawyers would line up to get them on permanent disability while they're still working another job.

Cynical, yup.

Wrong, you decide...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Glorious, indeed. The problem here would be that in the UK they actually train officers for this. Here, we'd just have over-armed, badged, wannabe tough guys trying this. The perps would get more severely injured and the lawyers would line up to sue and the cops would probably get a back/neck injury and lawyers would line up to get them on permanent disability while they're still working another job.

Cynical, yup.

Wrong, you decide...
    Unfortunately you are dead nuts accurate on this.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Well this went bad in Providence! I can understand the frustration of all these dirtbikes, ATV, clusters of people riding and endangering the streets. I hate when I am caught in it. This went bad right from hitting the guy to moving him after he was thrown. Never mind grabbing him by the arm and dragging him, you don't move someone. Wait for the ambulance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOikTWfAiAE
    settlement announced today...
    'It will never compensate for what happened': PVD settles over 2020 moped crash that sparked protests
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/never-com...191547299.html
    PROVIDENCE – The city has reached a settlement in the lawsuit brought in connection with the 2020 moped crash that left Jhamal Gonsalves, then 25, comatose and disabled, but the family says it will never be repaired.

“No matter the amount, it will never compensate for what happened,” Mark Gonsalves, Jhamal’s father, said Thursday.

The terms of the settlement, approved this week by the City Council’s Committee on Claims and Pending Suits, have not yet been revealed.

“The one thing I don’t like is that it’s settled without fault. It sounds like a slip and fall. There’s no accountability for the officers,” Mark Gonsalves said Thursday.

He said his son’s right arm and left leg will never be the same and that a guardian must make decisions for him.

“He’s disabled,” Mark Gonsalves said.

Lawsuit alleged unsafe, reckless pursuit
    Jhamal Gonsalves sued then Providence Police Chief Col. Hugh T. Clements Jr., Public Safety Commissioner Steven Paré, the city and two officers – Kyle Endres and Brad McParlin – in the aftermath of a police pursuit of Gonsalves, riding a moped, that left him comatose for months and with a traumatic brain injury.

He accused the Providence police of using unsafe and excessive force in the Oct. 18, 2020, chase in which officers attempted to box Gonsalves in, forcing him to veer off Elmwood Avenue and lose control of the moped, the suit says. Officer Kyle Endres then hit a stop sign and struck Gonsalves.

Attorney General Peter F. Neronha later cleared the officers of wrongdoing after an investigation determined that Gonsalves was injured by being struck in the head area by a stop sign, which immediately beforehand had been struck by a Providence Police cruiser driven by Endres. The state found that Endres was not criminally reckless.

The Providence Police Department concluded, too, that police were not trying to improperly box in Gonsalves as he rode down Elmwood Avenue and that the officers did not violate the department's pursuit policy.

The case had been expected to go to trial next month in U.S. District Court. Settlement talks were ongoing this fall with Judge William E. Smith.

Pursuit sparked protests across the state
    Outrage over the circumstances of the crash spread swiftly through the biker community and beyond, sparking protests. Community members say a video shared widely on social media shows a police cruiser driving into Gonsalves' moped, sending him flying onto the pavement. Friends described Gonsalves, who at the time was with a pack of ATVs, motocross bikes and other such vehicles, as a kind person, hard worker and beloved member of the community.

Settlement money to be placed in trust
    Gonsalves' attorney, Amato A. “Bud” DeLuca said Thursday the money would be placed in trust and monitored for Gonsalves and should last the duration of his life.

“The money will be used by him,” DeLuca said.

While city officials would not specify a dollar amount for the settlement, they did weigh in with thoughts for Gonsalves.

"The decision brings this case one step closer to resolution and closure. We continue to keep Jhamal and his family in our thoughts and prayers,” John Goncalves chair of the Committee on Claims and Pending Suits, said in a statement regarding the committee’s approval.

Ramming works great until trooper Testosteroni runs over the suspect or just doesn't do it correctly and gets sued by the family.

F that. Shitheads here would lose their minds if they had to deal with GSP.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvM_b...ViNDQ0Yw%3D%3D

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post

The Constitution has a 100mph speed limit. Beyond that, you’re on your own…

Last edited by SteveM; 12-22-23 at 12:17 PM.

Like the one where they pitted a guy in Atlanta into an occupied car after blowing lights in blind intersections at absurd speeds. I'm not a no chase advocate but GSP is not a good example of anything remotely safe for the general public.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Like the one where they pitted a guy in Atlanta into an occupied car after blowing lights in blind intersections at absurd speeds. I'm not a no chase advocate but GSP is not a good example of anything remotely safe for the general public.
    The one with the BMW? That one was insane.

The sentiment I was trying to impact was that some people reapect/fear GSP, they just taunt BPD and the like around here.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

The one with the BMW? That one was insane.

The sentiment I was trying to impact was that some people reapect/fear GSP, they just taunt BPD and the like around here.
    Yeah found it. https://youtu.be/QcTV5qE2Yfk?si=nqHFKClU154DKG6_

I'm saying that respect / fear probably isn't worth that style of chase. Just knowing how cautious we are and we still had an engine broad side a car that ran the red when it switched. Completely the cars fault but the engine had to stop and cut the driver out. No one got hurt but that was just due to caution from the engine operator. Even worse they were heading outta town to help another city at a fire. I guess from my point of view, if you're public safety the safety of the public should be pretty high on the of priorities. I think GSP has a long track record of tossing that out the window.

-Alex

Yeah found it. https://youtu.be/QcTV5qE2Yfk?si=nqHFKClU154DKG6_

I'm saying that respect / fear probably isn't worth that style of chase. Just knowing how cautious we are and we still had an engine broad side a car that ran the red when it switched. Completely the cars fault but the engine had to stop and cut the driver out. No one got hurt but that was just due to caution from the engine operator. Even worse they were heading outta town to help another city at a fire. I guess from my point of view, if you're public safety the safety of the public should be pretty high on the of priorities. I think GSP has a long track record of tossing that out the window.
    Cut off a fire truck? Stupid should hurt more.

As for GSP, balance would be the answer from my perspective. It shouldn't be wild wild west, but it shouldn't be tea and crumpets either. Stop, or I'll say stop again....

2012 Tiger 800 XC

I imagine it didn't tickle. The opticom changed the light and they tried to beat it. He slowed way down but it was a complete blind intersection.

I agree, cops should chase but there has to be some reasonableness to it. Some of their videos are literal insanity to the point of not just unsafe but wild indifference to the lives of anyone.

-Alex

I imagine it didn't tickle. The opticom changed the light and they tried to beat it. He slowed way down but it was a complete blind intersection.
    City have those white flashing lights when you guys change them? Beyond stupid on the cars part to try and beat something that is coming at speed towards them if so. If people had any idea the physics involved in stopping something heavy and the damage a simple "tap" can create they'd stay way the hell away from trucks and think twice about pulling out in front of them. We had the front of one truck shoved in 4" from a 3-5 MPH bump from another one. Thing would be a wrecking ball if it hit a car at speed and flatten a human like a squirrel, yet people tempt death every day.

To your point on the video, there's no way that cruiser was avoiding a wreck at those speeds if those intersections weren't clear and there is no way that second guy was actually able to accomplish anything other then to provide audio cover in a lawsuit if they drove through a soccer mom mobile.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Some of the newer ones do some don't. Unsure if that one does it's in another city, but I think so. I'd be willing to bet they had no idea the truck was coming, as that direction is totally obscured by a building. Just reinforces, running lights when you can't see is super dumb.

Yeah, I found it silly that they're calling the intersection clear when they have 0 idea. That makes sense that they just say it. I never tell the driver it's clear till I'm sure it is.

-Alex

Lifer

adrenaline and ego are powerful drugs. Add in what is likely a culture of the department not only tolerating, but celebrating this stuff and you've got what happens here.