Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

which is better deal

I Dance With Will

which is better deal

i stoped by local dealer this morning just to look around. all honda models have 6.9% fix for 60months @ 0%down til end of this month. the 954rr goes for 10,500. the suzuki 750 goes for 9999. which is better bike for money? they also have leftover red superhawk @ 4.9% for 8,999.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

which is better deal

I thought you are riding the CBR600F4i now. Wah thappen to that bike?

For a bit more comfortable riding position go for the CBR954RR. I don't know much about the GSX-R750 except that it has a longer reach to the clip-ons. Heck, if I were to get a new bike right now I would get the 954RR.

which is better deal

What kind of bike do you want? You picked bikes from three different catagories: Liter Bike, 750 race replica, and a v-twin streetbike. I would check with your insurance before I bought a new bike. Those prices all seem about retail.

I Dance With Will

which is better deal

i still am riding f4i. im just wondering and if anyone else is in the martket for new bike. i might be able to sell mine to my other buddy as soon as i get my title issue resolve.

"fuckit!"

Hey Kham...speaking of??

Today is Friday.......Well.....

I Dance With Will

which is better deal

yea i know. he said it will get send today so i wont see it till next Mon or Tues.

"fuckit!"

which is better deal

Call him this afternoon to confirm...otherwise you should be going to the courthouse on monday..

Lifer

which is better deal

Why so impatient to get a new bike after all the ordeal to get this one in your name? After all this trouble I'd want to ride the F4i for a while.

Ben

I Dance With Will

which is better deal

well im just thinking about it. you hear people telling you whatever makes you happy. just like women. im stuck with one for now though.

"fuckit!"

which is better deal

750 or Superhawk. Know why? You won't qualify for the new Honda loan(challenge me: have your Honda dealer run the ap now).

The leftover is owned by the dealer, thus the personal loan bank rate of 4.9.
    Suzuki will give you the loan, providing you show good credit(prolly the same on the Superhawk).

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

which is better deal

Originally posted by legalspeed
    750 or Superhawk. Know why? You won't qualify for the new Honda loan(challenge me: have your Honda dealer run the ap now).
    Hey Legal... not arguing the point but just curious what brings you to this conclusion??? I had no problem getting the honda loan??? and while my credit wasn't bad... it wasn't the best either...

just curious...

Mike

RSVMILLE661

which is better deal

Kham you are talking 3 very different machines here.

The suzuki should be going for 9449.00 they have jacked the price up 500.00 on you. Make sure they are not trying to fuck you with Freight and set up. Cost on the the Suzuki is about 8450.00 after PDI. You should be able to get this bike for 9000-9100.00 this will cover floor plan and more than cover PDI. Not to mention it has not changed in 3 years. While still offering great performance its not a "hot new bike".

This is your superbike contender. 123 HP 367lbs fast , flickable, fun. great power through out the rev range and handling for all situations. Pretty forgiving for the most part.

The Honda should be 10,599.00 putting cost somewhere around 9300.00-9400.00.
    This is a freight train up hi in the revs with a bit of a flat spot in the middle. They are better than the 929 as far a torque but the delivery still needs to be a bit smoother. (nothing a power commander can't fix) They are very twitchy though in the handling dept. Its funny the R-1 and CBR traded places last year. R-1 went from being volatile and twitchy to smooth and predictable while the CBR did just the oposite.

The superhawk (having owned one) retail is 8999.00 cost is 7981.00 after PDI You should be able to get it for 8200.00 if it is a left over. This will pay floor plan on the machine.

Ahh the chicken.. This is a great street sport bike. at least 30 HP shy of either of the other 2 bikes. It has plenty of HP down low and makes a great sound. Your 600F4i will give it one hell of a bad time in acceleration and the suspension is too soft for the bike so it kinda mushes its way through the corners.

These are my interpretations on the bikes. Having worked at a dealership for 3 years we were able to put all of the new model sport bikes through their paces from time to time. I have ridden all 3 of these extensively. So, I hope this helps.

good luck in your search.

I Dance With Will

which is better deal

i knew i saw a bad review of Revere Parkway Cycle somewhere before.

"fuckit!"

Banned

which is better deal

Similar performance (totally badass, both of them) but the Honda will be more reliable and spares are cheaper. Just my opinion.

The F4i is PLENTY of bike for you right now though.

degs

which is better deal

This is your superbike contender. 123 HP 367lbs fast , flickable, fun.
    This is a great street sport bike. at least 30 HP shy of either of the other 2 bikes
    Wow! I'm glad I went with the TLS. I had no idea the SuperHawk has less than 93 HP.

RSVMILLE661

which is better deal

its actually about 98-100 HP.. the most I ever saw on a dyno was 104.7 and that was with a 2 bro full exhaust and jet kit.

So excuse my exaggerartion.. its 20 -25HP shy of the GSX-R and still about 30 HP shy of the CBR.

which is better deal

Originally posted by VinceF2
    Hey Legal... not arguing the point but just curious what brings you to this conclusion??? I had no problem getting the honda loan??? and while my credit wasn't bad... it wasn't the best either...

just curious...

Mike
    Can't remember where, just a big long discussion on how your credit had to be squeeky clean, someone wanted a 600rr I think. The concensus was, can't get a loan from Honda unless you had perfect credit.
    Could be bogus, but a lot of peeps had the same feeling.

Our man K' here could have great credit, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.
    -D

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

which is better deal

Overall, I heard there were to be a lot of style and mechanical changes for '04.

A friend asked my advice on a new bike purchase yesterday, I told him to wait until this year's models came out.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

which is better deal

Hey kham , I might be interested in your bike if you do plan to sell it.

Oh ya and about the 2 bikes , I personally think both of them are awesome.

Lifer

which is better deal

If I had to pick one of those 3 for my next bike it would be Gixxer 750 all the way just from a passion standpoint. It jumps out and says "badass" more than the other two.

Practically speaking if the Superhawk had decent range I'd pick that one first. But I'd never buy it cause of the fuel range, assuming what I've read is correct (~100 miles to a tank)

Ben

which is better deal

Originally posted by Degsy
    ...the Honda will be more reliable and spares are cheaper. Just my opinion.

degs
    Spares will NOT be cheaper for the Honda in question. Not as long as they keep TOTALLY redesigning the thing every coupla years like they've been doing...

Gixxer parts usually fit a variety of years and sizes, including body parts. Thus, Gixxer parts would be less expensive...

Just thought we'd clear that one up while we're at it...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

which is better deal

Originally posted by benSV
    Practically speaking if the Superhawk had decent range I'd pick that one first. But I'd never buy it cause of the fuel range, assuming what I've read is correct (~100 miles to a tank)

Ben

Hey Ben, my Bro-N-Law had a TLS with the same range. I can get about 120 or so to a tank if not riding it high in the revs(for a twin) 5-6grand all the time. With my SV I was gettingbout 140 or so, larger displacement faster fuel consumption

....................... PinHead's Avatar

which is better deal

I am good gor 120 miles out of a tank if the ride has been mellow.
    100 is what I usually get

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

which is better deal

I know I'm sure to piss a coupla folks off here, buuuuuuttttt...

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like the Superhawk, Kham. Especially after tooling around on the F4i. I know there's plenty of people out there that really like theirs, but I was highly disappointed with it. The 'mushy' ride Scotty speaks of is more likely attributed to the 'flex' frame that Honda incorporated with the model...

I NEVER got more than 100 miles on a tank. Okay, ONCE I got 113. But that was REALLY pushing it. It's not so much a mileage per gallon issue so much as it is a small fuel capacity issue...

It's a comfy enough bike, and it does benefit from Honda's reliability record. But I HIGHLY doubt you'd like that as your everyday perch....

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

which is better deal

I've gotten as high as 190 miles before refueling on my SV... usually I refuel about 150.. It improved somewhere between 5000-10000 miles. When I first got it I usually got 120-130 like you mentioned.

I don't necessarily care about the gas mileage but the actual range is important to me. Most people dislike the VTEC on the new VFR... I like it a lot because it sounds like the bike picked up 50+ miles in range due to the VTEC saving fuel. That would let me shoot up to Burlington, VT or out to Albany on less than a single tank of gas. (Although I'd probably make better time on trips with any bike that had a fairing)

Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast