Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everyday Street riding pants

Everyday Street riding pants

I either ride in leather perf Alpinestars or the Alpinestars A10, both are kind of heavy and hot in 85+ weather.
    Considering Rev'it Cayenne pants, pricey but have decent reviews.

What are you guys riding in?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Everyday Street riding pants

Kevlar lined jeans. Only piece of kit I've gotten at cycle gear that has actually lasted a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Kevlar lined jeans. Only piece of kit I've gotten at cycle gear that has actually lasted a while.
    which one did you get?

Not sure, it was years ago. They probably aren't something I'd buy if I were looking for normal jeans but they look 90% the part which is great to ride somewhere and then have a meal, shop or whatever.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

I'm looking at REV'IT! Tornado 3 pants. I bought the Tornado jacket (in silver) a few years ago, it vents quite well without the liners, so I'm hoping the pants will do the same. I might call Seacoast to see what they have in stock, or I might just order from Revzilla.

Reviews report that they do well in hot weather.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by whynot; 06-06-21 at 05:27 PM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

Lifer

It's a long read but you might find it interesting: https://www.motolegends.com/reviews/...otorycle-jeans

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

For my city commuting, BMW summer pants. For long spirited rides, Rev'it! Ignition pants.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    For my city commuting, BMW summer pants. For long spirited rides, Rev'it! Ignition pants.
    how do you like the Ignition pants? Air flow, comfort etc?

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    I'm looking at REV'IT! Tornado 3 pants. I bought the Tornado jacket (in silver) a few years ago, it vents quite well without the liners, so I'm hoping the pants will do the same. I might call Seacoast to see what they have in stock, or I might just order from Revzilla.

Reviews report that they do well in hot weather.
    I've got Tornado 2 pants and I really like them. Work well all the way up to triple digits. I had a set of Airwave 2's (jacket and pants) prior to the Tornado and was not as big of a fan. They have some type of backing material behind the mesh panels in the Airwave that blocks some of the airflow, while the Tornado does not have that.

Definitely buy from Seacoast, Adam always gives me a 15-20% discount (Rev'It has fixed pricing so you won't find those prices online outside of Rev'It's annual 15% off sale) and even ships them to me for free so I don't have to pick up.

OP, I'd also really check out the Klim Baja S4. Everything I have ready says they are the best hot weather riding apparel you can get. They entire suit is made of stretchy mesh material, but still has the abrasion resistance of normal textiles. Downside is you will be paying the Klim tax ($$).

Last edited by SRTie4k; 06-07-21 at 07:42 AM.
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Karate.Snoopy View Post
    how do you like the Ignition pants? Air flow, comfort etc?
    They are very protective, but likely don't flow as much air as pure mesh pants. It is decent but all the areas that are protective and covered in leather don't flow. I'm ok with that up to 85 degrees. Above that, if not moving, it is hot

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    I've got Tornado 2 pants and I really like them. Work well all the way up to triple digits. I had a set of Airwave 2's (jacket and pants) prior to the Tornado and was not as big of a fan. They have some type of backing material behind the mesh panels in the Airwave that blocks some of the airflow, while the Tornado does not have that.

Definitely buy from Seacoast, Adam always gives me a 15-20% discount (Rev'It has fixed pricing so you won't find those prices online outside of Rev'It's annual 15% off sale) and even ships them to me for free so I don't have to pick up.

OP, I'd also really check out the Klim Baja S4. Everything I have ready says they are the best hot weather riding apparel you can get. They entire suit is made of stretchy mesh material, but still has the abrasion resistance of normal textiles. Downside is you will be paying the Klim tax ($$).
    Great, thanks, yes, planning to call SSC tomorrow. I'd want to try them on, sit on my bike, and compare Tornado pants with Neptune pants (more pricey) -- the Jacket I bought from them is a Neptune, not a Tornado. I've bought a lot of gear and 6 bikes from them since 2007, plus I want my senior discount!

PS -- Looks like the Klim and REV'IT! prices are pretty close.

Who stocks KLIM in the area?

Last edited by whynot; 06-07-21 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    They are very protective, but likely don't flow as much air as pure mesh pants. It is decent but all the areas that are protective and covered in leather don't flow. I'm ok with that up to 85 degrees. Above that, if not moving, it is hot
    so I thought, sound similar to my Alpinestars A10's. Good pants indeed

FYI Alpinestars made two versions of the A10 pants: one mainly textile with leather in the impact areas, and one mainly mesh with textile in the impact areas.

I use one-piece suits for my general street riding: Aerostich for the majority, and an Olympia mesh suit for the hottest days. Really don’t want to test the Olympia in a crash though.

Also FYI don't discount a good base layer when it gets really hot out. I recently bought the Klim Aggressor Cool -1.0 long sleeve shirt and briefs. It's basically a micro mesh base layer. On a dual sport ride this weekend, I dipped the shirt into a stream and put it on under my Leatt body protector. In ~80 degree weather I was actually getting cold riding at ~25mph. It's like an air conditioner, and it stayed cool for over an hour.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    Also FYI don't discount a good base layer when it gets really hot out. I recently bought the Klim Aggressor Cool -1.0 long sleeve shirt and briefs. It's basically a micro mesh base layer. On a dual sport ride this weekend, I dipped the shirt into a stream and put it on under my Leatt body protector. In ~80 degree weather I was actually getting cold riding at ~25mph. It's like an air conditioner, and it stayed cool for over an hour.
    I'm looking at the MOTO-D one-piece undersuit at $70 shipped. The KLIM items look good, separate pieces might work better for me (TEE + shorts = $90).

Lifer

For quick local rides I'm wearing a pair of Kilm K Fifty 1 jeans. I like them a lot although fit is a bit baggier than I would like. One selling point was the armor, which I think is good. But the jeans are so baggy they armor tends to wander. I often wonder if it will be where I need it when I need it.
    It "fits" well with my trusty, crusty perforated leather jacket.

Longer rides I have an Aerostich roadcrafter onesie that I swear by. Flow more air than you may think. It's super power is that with one zipper you can step in and out of it. So when you get where you are going you can drop it quick.

Under it I wear generic wicking poly t-shirts and such. I've done just underwear and t-shirt under the stitch when touring.

Lifer

The moto-d suit is fine. I have (had?!) one for under my leathers at track days. Honestly any "underarmor" style wicking stuff is a solid choice. The big advantage of the onesie in my opinion is getting in and out of the one-piece track leathers. Not as important in my mind for street gear that tends to fit more comfortably.

I’ve had riding jeans before, the ones I had were hotter than my current textile pants. As of now, I’m either fully geared up or regular jeans with the New Balance 624’s.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I’ve had riding jeans before, the ones I had were hotter than my current textile pants. As of now, I’m either fully geared up or regular jeans with the New Balance 624’s.
    I'm FAR from a gear Nazi. But I don't know how anyone can ride without some form of boot.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Narrowed it down to Revit Tornado 3 and Revit Cayenne Pro pants. Only issue is that most MD's are sold out :-/

I found a pair of white, perforated technical sportrider pants on the Vanson clearance rack a year or two ago, and have been using them on the hottest days ever since. They're a size larger than my normal leathers but still fit well enough to keep the armor where I expect it to be. I find it difficult to get mentally comfortable in anything that fits looser than that.

My hot weather jacket is a Klim Induction mesh jacket that included one of them newfangled non-Newtonian-mechanics back protector inserts that hardens on impact.

This week in particular put the "what do the offroad / motocross guys wear?" bug in my ear, but I don't want to thread-jack and haven't done my own Googling.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'm FAR from a gear Nazi. But I don't know how anyone can ride without some form of boot.
    It was a dad-shoes joke.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

For most of my riding I'm reaching for my Tourmaster Venture Air pants, but I believe any decent mesh pant with removable liners work well. Liners out for hot weather, then add liners/layers when it gets cooler. They're very versatile and comfortable, but I would be planning to replace them should they come between me and the ground. If the riding gets more spirited, I'll grab something else.

It was a dad-shoes joke.
    Ahhhhhh...I should've picked up on that...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Jocular post warning. FYI wear Olympia AirGlide jacket and pants.

New Balance 624’s.
    Those are what I wear to referee Lacrosse. Because we have to.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-08-21 at 07:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast