Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Firsts for the year

Firsts for the year

Today was my first time putting on leathers for the year, my first time riding my TTR for the year, and my first time crashing for the year.

I went to Northbridge HS's parking lot to do some cones, but the ground was totally wet and salty. My TTR has slicks on it, but I figured that it was dry enough for me to get some traction. I was wrong. Aside from just putting around and warming up the bike, the first time I got it leaned to about 45 degrees, I lost the rear. I got back up and said to myself "well that didn't take long" and started the bike back up. After surveying the ground, I realized that it won't be drying off anytime soon and this will just happen over and over, so I packed everything up and left.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Re: Firsts for the year

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Today was my first time putting on leathers for the year, my first time riding my TTR for the year, and my first time crashing for the year.

I went to Northbridge HS's parking lot to do some cones, but the ground was totally wet and salty. My TTR has slicks on it, but I figured that it was dry enough for me to get some traction. I was wrong. Aside from just putting around and warming up the bike, the first time I got it leaned to about 45 degrees, I lost the rear. I got back up and said to myself "well that didn't take long" and started the bike back up. After surveying the ground, I realized that it won't be drying off anytime soon and this will just happen over and over, so I packed everything up and left.
    Sounds about like yer average New England February ride........

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Re: Firsts for the year

dude that would have been an awesome time to practices rear wheel steering

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.