Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Take a minute to help the AMA...

Take a minute to help the AMA...

...fight off legislation that may deny motorcyclists, atvers, skiiers, etc from getting their injuries covered:

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...39821&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

Hell, they even have a pre-made form to fill out that will email/snail mail your local reps. It takes almost zero effort.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Take a minute to help the AMA...

Will do

Note that the pre-written letter asks your congresscritters not to vote for any plan that involves an unelected board or panel making decisions regarding coverage. That's a lot different than just asking that injuries not be excluded simply due to activities during which they were sustained.

(Which is annoying, because it means now I have to actually get around to writing an actual letter from scratch, as I definitely don't want injuries sustained skiing or motorcycling to be excluded--hell, those are the primary reasons I carry health insurance--but I'm not convinced that determining appropriate levels of care for an individual is best done by an elected official rather than an appointed official.)

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

I don't want ANY decisions made by ANY officials. I have a contract with Anthem. If I break, they fix me. Period. That's as it shall remain, this stuff is going nowhere. 300 million peeps are insured, 40 million are not, most of em kids that never get sick or hurt anyway, the rest illegals. Key for the Dimmocrats is to get the illeagals all the bennies they want and make lifelong Dimmocrats out of em. THAT'S why so many peeps are raising hell at the town meetings. I ride a bike, I occasionally jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Skiing is too dangerous for me, but you can! If we're paying for insurance, it's covered, at least with Anthem. I specifically made sure of no exclusions, it's all over my paperwork. I did cop to the smokes, though, hadda pay em a little extra for that.

Be convinced of one thing: we don't need "officials" of any stripe with that kinda power over us in any case.

so uh, all the pre-filled emails we are sending are going to our senators correct? hope Kennedy has someone covering for him!

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    so uh, all the pre-filled emails we are sending are going to our senators correct? hope Kennedy has someone covering for him!
    Big controversy. When Romney was Governator, they took away the power to appoint senators and congressmen from the Governor. Now that Duvall is Governor, they want to give it back. They're girding their loins in Federal Court in Washington this very night. Kennedy's vote (or the radical left-wing nutcase Duval would like to replace Kennedy with) is the 60th vote needed to ram health care-Osama-style down our throats. SP intended.

Last edited by toocrazy2yoo; 08-27-09 at 04:03 PM.

yup

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Damn, I knew I should have read the whole pre-written letter. I'm just another one of the sheeple I guess.