Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

almost crushed a biker yesterday

OK, so I am cruising around some of my favorite twisty back roads last night in my truck, eating an ice cream cone with the wife, and I round a steep bend only to find a sport rider, knee down, FUCKING HALFWAY INTO MY LANE! So I dropped my ice cream, jerked the wheel to the right and drove the truck right into an embankment... broke a front axle, destroyed the radiator, and pushed the front bumper in... the usual effects of driving into a dirt/stone embankment at 40 mph.. just wonderful. Musta missed him by inches...

Then to make things ever so much nicer (hey I was just happy I didn't kill anyone) the fuck nugget that was in my lane comes back my way and what does he do? He fucking flips me off!!!

It was all I had in me not to hop in my busted ass steaming truck and run his ass off the road real good... I will be the first to assert the right to flip someone in a cage off when they do something stupid, however when I am at fault and scare cage drivers, I will also be the first to apologize if I can...

HATE HATE HATE!@!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Fuck man that sucks!
    Fucking asshole. Can't beleive he came back and flipped you off! He must think he's "The King of The World!"

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

dude that guy owns the road dont ya know

1 more harley rider on a sport bike

now i think of it you should a got his plate

# turned his ass in

I dunno... maybe its just me, but I consider every time I cross the yellow line a crash... I am all for riding the piss out of your bike (and can honestly say when I am riding, I ride the PISS out of that road, way leaned over, with rear rubber inching toward the center line), but man, when you cross that line, you get whats coming... were I in that riders shoes I woulda turned around and helped out whoever i ran off the road once I was done shitting myself...

Oh wellz, not everyone rides with courtesy, just like not all cages are out to get you

Looks like I will be spending some time at the junkyard and with my good friend the slide hammer this weekend...

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

sorry, man. that was me.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

That sucks big time. Some people are just born losers and have no appreciation toward anyone else for anything.

I guess you could look at it this way...if you had not swerved and had hit him, you would still be looking for parts for your truck, only you would also have a horrible feeling knowing you had killed/mangled someone. (even though it was their fault).
    Hope you get some solace in knowing you did the right thing.
    Hope the ass comes to realize how lucky he is.

Originally posted by twrayinma
    sorry, man. that was me.
    If that was you, he shoulda hit ya!
    Yer a car magnet anyway!

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Man that really bites the bag, especially the flip off part, let alone not coming back to check on yous. In my younger day I can't say i never pushed it farther than I shoulda and ended up havin to take some extra but I tried to be ready for evasive action if needed. I'd be dammed to fuck up any body else because of my fuck up, plus I really didn't wanna get splattered like a bug. Good thing you have sportriding reflexes, if you were a regular cager he'd probly be dead. I hope this dude gets these messages and helps you out, as well as learns a permanent lesson before he kills somebody and causes us all bad PR.

Murphy says you'll catch up to Granma just before the Twisty sign.

Times like these I realize what kind of bad person I am... I would have only swerved so far to the side of the road that myself, my wife and my car would be safe. If I cross the yellow line and someone hits me.. I don't fault them for it.. And its a good thing you did for the unappreciatave ©cksucker. Would you do it the same if you could do it over again??

Actually.. if it was Twray.. I woulda served left instead of right!! So he could get that groovy exoskeleton thing going again!! How you been Twray? hehe

-Feirax

gang up on the gimp day, huh?

well fuck all ya kaks!

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

You know, no matter how pissed off I am, I still would do the same thing again. All good points... If I hit him I still would have to fix the truck, and I would be left with the horrible feeling that the worst thing I could do as a cage driver (mash one of my fellow riders) had happened...

Thanks for all the support!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by twrayinma
    [B]gang up on the gimp day, huh?

Isn't it always......

holy fuckin' scrotum dude! That poor fuck is REALLY lucky it was you in the other lane, and not the innatentive cager who features so prominently in so many bike wrecks... I can't even believe he came back and flipped you off. What a tool, you basically traded your truck for his life, I mean, if he just took off I'd be pissed, but I could chalk it up to fear. This though, I chalk up to him being an asshat. I trust you and the wife are both ok? Karma is way on your side on this one...

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

OK, so I am cruising around some of my favorite twisty back roads last night in my truck, eating an ice cream cone with the wife, and I round a steep bend only to find a sport rider, knee down, FUCKING HALFWAY INTO MY LANE! So I dropped my ice cream, jerked the wheel to the right and drove the truck right into an embankment.
    Or maybe you were eating your icecream, didn't realize you had drifted a little into his lane, and got caught off gaurd.

Why would he come back and flip you off?? If he was at fault, he would not flip you off. Additionally, if he intended to keep riding, he would not turn around so you could get his license plate!

I know that a lot of cagers cut the corner in front of my house, and ride in the other lane.

If there was no double yellow line, maybe he thought you were still in his lane. On narrow backroads, a large truck takes up a good portion of the road.

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

This is a road I could ride with my eyes closed I know it so well.... I was in my lane, hell, in the truck I drive like a granny, at or below the limit and very much puttering around.. even the rubber HE left on the road was halfway in my lane (IE in the middle of my side of the road)... There IS a double yellow, and an F150 is not a big truck... In this case I think he was just a punk kid asswad on too much of a bike for him, riding beyond his limits, at twice the speed any sane rider would attempt on that road...

Hey I have no idea why he would come back and flip me off, other than to rub dirt in the wounds, but I have given up trying to figure that out...

Incidentally, I went back and took some pictures for insurance purposes today, and he missed getting squashed by a few inches or less.. My tire tracks with the left tires a foot from the line, and veer off very rapidly to the right.. where his rubber is is about 6 inches from my left tire track and about 4 FEET into my lane.

Originally posted by hohum
    I dunno... maybe its just me, but I consider every time I cross the yellow line a crash...
    You know I crossed the yellow line around a corner one time, (no traffic around for miles) by 2", I still feel bad about it when I think about it, and I think it was like three days straight I thought about it nonstop, reading your quote made me think about it again.

I agree with considering crossing the yellow line a crash.

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by twrayinma
    gang up on the gimp day, huh?

well fuck all ya kaks!
    shouldn't have open your mouth like that. hehe..

"fuckit!"