Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

am i being "scammed?"

am i being "scammed?"

...as some of you folks may remember..i have been trying to sell my 83 goldwing aspencade for a while....i recently put an ad in to "get a motorcycle.com" as the classified s are free.....i finally got a response from a company in the netherlands (supposedly) called ultimate_procurements....they agreed on the price of $2400.00 after i sent them some pics.....heres the "rub"..they want to send me a check of $9400.00 and i am supposed to refund them $7000. via a western union money transfer...to make a long story short i have a bad feeling about doing any buisness this way....so im not going to respond any further...what do u guys think?...i still want to sell the bike but this seems a bit odd to me..any thoughts?

keet

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

am i being "scammed?"

OMG - that is the craziest thing I've heard all day ! Don't do it.

JD
    '01 R1
    '85 C&C 27

am i being "scammed?"

Yep, this is what has become very commonly known as the 'nigerian check scam' where they send you an excessive amount of money, you refund them and get shafted out of both what you're selling and -all- the dough you send them.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

am i being "scammed?"

It's a scam. I used to hear about these all time on the socal sportbikes forum. They always involve people from foreign countries wanting to buy bikes from america.

01' Honda F4i

"Especial need to stay every time concentrating...when you ride...It's dangerous not only you, but also all the facking idiot ride the car" -V. Rossi

am i being "scammed?"

Yup!!! I had that tried on me when I was selling my YZ250...

It is

United States Coast Guard
    2000 VT750 Ace *Custom*
    Http://www.soldiers-n-cycles.org

Littering and........

am i being "scammed?"

A scam. Not even a good one, either. You'd think those retards could think of something new.

There's a post on this site somewhere where I fucked with one of those guys mercilessly, I'll have to try to find it for your amusement.

am i being "scammed?"

Tell them to send the check and you will return the $7K as soon as it clears!

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

am i being "scammed?"

Total scam material there. Ask them what's the reasoning behind sending you the extra cake.

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

am i being "scammed?"

That's a NEGATIVE... Do NOT wait until the check clears.

I had this one pulled on me... played along, giving it the benefit of the doubt. I required certified funds only. He (supposedly in the Netherlands, buying my R1150GS for a client in England) sent a business check via Purolator from, get this, Nigeria. It gets better... the check was a business check from a shoe store in Arkansas!! I call them to see if they really want my bike &, needless to say, they flipped out a little.

I assured them that I wouldn't cash the check, but they still closed the account. If I had cashed the check, it would likely have cleared... I might have sent the guy back his $7k change (or however much it was), but then the feds would catch up with me for check fraud or forgery or whatever!!

Repeat... DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!!

Conniving bastards!!