Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Safety Course

Safety Course

This weekend was it for my safety course at CMSC in West Boylston. Definitely a long couple days, especially for a complete novice who had only been a passenger prior to yesterday! The instructors were amazing and walked us through everything, were extremely patient when one of us was slow to pick up on something, and encouraged us a ton when we did things correctly. Perfect mix of critique and positive praise in my opinion! So if anyone knows someone looking for a safety course to get license at the end of the weekend, I would completely recommend CMSC!

Now I know the basic skills to keep me alive on a bike. Definitely was a lot more difficult than I anticipated with so many things to think about/do at one time. But I'm hoping with practice, practice, practice, and more practice I will be able to refine the skills I learned over the weekend to make me a more competent rider and then be able to advance to more skills. Now I just need to get my hands on a Ninja 250 so I can get to practicing! Any advice for a new rider is welcomed

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2016 Ninja 650

Re: Safety Course

Congrats!

My advice is to always enjoy the ride.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Congrats! Sounds like you are well on your way down the responsible motorcyclist path!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

You must be of the smarter gender. No complaints about how stupid the course was, that it was too easy, and taught you nothing.

Well done, and get that bike and start practicind while it's still a fresh muscle memory.

Paul_E_D

Was your class led by Brian? He is a good guy, I took my BRC some years back at CSMC as well. Neat facility, the first day was definitely the hardest for me as my fingers were not used to using the levers and were a bit sore the morning after.
    MSF course is more a safety oriented course, I would recommend reading books by David L Hough,Lee Parks, Nick Ieanatsch (all or either).
    Learning more about the bike and basic physics will be very helpful in the learning phase.
    Definitely get some good quality gear, you can find plenty on CL to begin with if you are on a budget. There are several closeout sales going on, teknic comes to mind and I noticed several decent jackets and pants for women.
    Gear up, be safe and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Karate.Snoopy View Post
    Was your class led by Brian? He is a good guy, I took my BRC some years back at CSMC as well. Neat facility, the first day was definitely the hardest for me as my fingers were not used to using the levers and were a bit sore the morning after.
    MSF course is more a safety oriented course, I would recommend reading books by David L Hough,Lee Parks, Nick Ieanatsch (all or either).
    Learning more about the bike and basic physics will be very helpful in the learning phase.
    Definitely get some good quality gear, you can find plenty on CL to begin with if you are on a budget. There are several closeout sales going on, teknic comes to mind and I noticed several decent jackets and pants for women.
    Gear up, be safe and have fun.
    Yes, Brian and Rob were my course instructors and were awesome! Will definitely look into the advanced course when the time comes as it sounds as though it's a great way to continue to advance skills.

Thanks for the book suggestions, I will definitely take a look at those. As far as the gear goes, I'm already all suited up as I have been a passenger on my BF's Mike bike. So I have always been safety conscious and was actually the only one with full gear at the class, which was surprising to me. Felt as though more would be more safety conscious than that, but to each his own.

2016 Ninja 650

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Congrats! You aren't too terribly far from me if you'd like to go for a ride sometime. If I ever ride down to work, I'm maybe 20 mins from Ashburnham. Weekends, we could totally meet in the middle in Jaffrey-ish. And I need to get off my busy rear and plan my newbie ride - so hurry up and get a bike!

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.