Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Slider Recomendations

Slider Recomendations

So I picked up a new R6 this weekend, and I am starting to go down the list of add ons. The first thing I am going to do is sliders in case I go down at a track day or god forbid on the street. I will definately go with Woodcraft, but my question is what else do I need? Will the basic sliders on the side of the bike do, or is there more I should be looking into to protect it?

The first stage of add ons is listed below, it's just the basics to get me rollling. Any other recomendations? The second round will likely start with a slip on, and rear-sets.

Frame Sliders
    Braided Brake Lines
    Stomp Grips for the gas tank
    License Plate Kit (to get rid of that god aweful mounting set up it comes stock with)
    Flush mount signals

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Might wanna check with people that have em but I'm pretty sure there's some tank protectors that you might wanna look into.

Re: Slider Recomendations

Screw the slip-on, you won't gain anything keeping the catalytic converter and spend the money on some case guards if you really want to protect your bike in a crash. Woodcraft's are nice, but I also like the GB Racing ones I put on mine. I would do Woodcraft frame sliders, Woodcraft clip-ons, and either of the 2 mentioned case guards. The GB Racing ones include a clutch cover protector and are cheaper, but the Woodcraft ones look better imo and have replaceable skid pads. The clip-ons will save your fork tubes from getting bent in the event of a bad tip-over. Save your money up for a full-exhaust if that is important to you. Buying a slip-on will really only change the exhaust note a little and you'll need to have a power commander... imo it's just not worth the money. The stock silencer is just about as light as any aftermarket one you'll find.

Oh yeah and tank sliders aren't a bad idea. The real good ones ain't cheap, but there are some for around 100 bucks.

Last edited by BrianC; 04-18-11 at 01:31 PM.
    LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Tank sliders on that is always a good thing as well as frame sliders. The point on the tanks tends to get bashed in even with a simple tip over in a garage/parking lot. We have them on our site, as well we are now carrying the ETI R6 Kevlar Tank Guards which cover the whole side of the tank.

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by STREET&COMP
    Tank sliders on that is always a good thing as well as frame sliders. The point on the tanks tends to get bashed in even with a simple tip over in a garage/parking lot. We have them on our site, as well we are now carrying the ETI R6 Kevlar Tank Guards which cover the whole side of the tank.
    The eti tank guards are the way to go. They crash very well and can be repaired. The traxxion dynamics ones are junk. Ive crashed both sets. The traxxion ones helped puncture the tank. The eti ones slid forever. Plus they can be painted and will blend in with the bike better.

James

Ah yes the tank. I heard about that, ok so those are getting added to the list.

Brian C,
    You must be reading my mind. I was debating between case guards and a slip on for round 2. Frankly I am looking at slip ons because I want it to sound a little better. Then again, the case guards are more important so they are now going on the top of the list for round 2. The exhaust can wait.

I'm pretty sure tank sliders are required on certain years for racing.

Woodcraft spool sliders are good, too. I know some people like the axl sliders, but supposedly they are a pain if you swap out your tires alot (like in racing).

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

High maintenance priss

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Woodcraft spool sliders are good, too. I know some people like the axl sliders, but supposedly they are a pain if you swap out your tires alot (like in racing).
    Ease of use vs. chance of snapped spools...pick your poison. But I can say that I hate putting Shamu up on that pad stand.

go with the ETi sliders.....i had adreline city sliders before, crashed it came off and ground the tank, eti held solid....Also go with the woodcraft sliders for sure

LRRS Expert #99
    08 R6

"why tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death?" Tony Campol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    To quote PK, I "went in too hot and ran out of talent".

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    Ah yes the tank. I heard about that, ok so those are getting added to the list.

Brian C,
    You must be reading my mind. I was debating between case guards and a slip on for round 2. Frankly I am looking at slip ons because I want it to sound a little better. Then again, the case guards are more important so they are now going on the top of the list for round 2. The exhaust can wait.
    don't they require case guards when racing?

Woodcraft frame sliders and rear sets kept all but the corner of the upper fairing off the ground in my low side the other day. people usually don't think of rear sets as crash protection but not having folding pegs like stock has saved both of my bikes from a lot of damage in crashes. definitely recommend both.