Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first ticket... Wooohooo

Alright it happened. I got my very first ticket. I was riding on rt 101 to Hampton and I got pulled over for doing 75 in a 65. I though this was BS. I was the only bike in with a group of cars and we where all going the same speed not to mention that I had some old fuck riding my ass. I was so pissed off at the cop. I have traveled on 101 hundreds of time in the car and have always done 75mph and have not once been bothered by the cops.

I am not sure if I should fight it or not. Yes I was speeding but I was going no faster the anyone else and 2 he didn't say shit about the car that was 3 feet from my rear tire. What do you guys think I should do?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

fight it

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I say fight it.

Tooks
    02 Honda Firebade blk/slv
    Carpe Diem!

fight it
    What he said...

That is mega bullsit. You would surely have a case as there were other vehicles travelling at the same speed. The cop decided to single you out because you were on a motorcycle=wrong.

Complaining that he singled you out isn't an option. Thats an admission of guilt.

"he was riding my ass" also isn't an option. You can move over and let him pass.

Not trying to be a dick, but thats how the court will see it. What you need to do is argue the fact he got bad radar results, or didn't have a clear line of sight to you

One thing I have learned from getting far to many tickets is that you should always fight it. Its stupid not to, you have a chance to win and get rid of a ticket so why not at least try. If you know anyone that is a lawyer I would talk to them as long as they arent going to charge you. 101 sucks by the way, I got stopped on it for 90 in a 65 in my cage a few years ago.

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Originally posted by slingblade
    Complaining that he singled you out isn't an option. Thats an admission of guilt.

"he was riding my ass" also isn't an option. You can move over and let him pass.

Not trying to be a dick, but thats how the court will see it. What you need to do is argue the fact he got bad radar results, or didn't have a clear line of sight to you
    I could not move over. This happened right at the 95 on ramp and there was a row of trafic next to me. I could have gunned it and found a spot but he would have tagged me for doing 90.

Originally posted by HBerry
    One thing I have learned from getting far to many tickets is that you should always fight it. Its stupid not to, you have a chance to win and get rid of a ticket so why not at least try. If you know anyone that is a lawyer I would talk to them as long as they arent going to charge you. 101 sucks by the way, I got stopped on it for 90 in a 65 in my cage a few years ago.
    If I was doing 90 I would not be saying a word. I would be paying the ticket because I new I fucked up big time and there was no need for me to be going that fast.

I am more pissed off that I was going with the flow of traffic and some asshole state trooper sees to many kids going to fast on bikes and decides that he will take it out on me.

HAHA for that ticket I shut my face and paid the ticket. The 75 in a 65 tickets I have gotten however, I fight and win.

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Lifer

Fight it no matter what. If they got you with Radar, claim it wasn't you he picked up. If it was laser, have them produce the training records for the officer. Lidar or VASCAR you are screwed. At the very least you get your moneys worth by tying up the courts. Good Luck...

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

I spoke to a buddy who is a cop. He said that I should fight the ticket. When I go to court find out who is the officer representing the state and explain the situation to him. he said that most of the time if you show up and speak with the prosecuting office and speak with them they will let you off. As long as look professional and have a valid argument.

Lifer

How could Laser possibly have been used?

If you were the lone bike in a tight pack of cars it seems like it'd be very hard for the officer to successfully target your bike.

I often wonder how well the radar guns work on a bike too if there are any cars around. I frequently notice when I ride by the signs they stick on the side of the road that it will lock onto the car behind me most of the time unless there is no one else on the road.

Ben

he did tag me with a laser gun @ 1400 feet. The laser emits a 3 foot wide beam at 1000 feet, fits your headlight or licenses plate and sends your speed back to them. Right now I am trying to find out what laser guns the state police use in NH. The recommended range on the laser guns range from 1000 to 1500 feet depending on brand.

....................... PinHead's Avatar

The way I see it.
    You were traveling with the flow of traffic. What else are you suposed to do? Turn into an orange cone so that the other travelers can avoid you as they go by like an obstical of some sort.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Lifer

Was he moving in his cruiser or on the side of the road?

Again I'm no cop or radar expert but 1400ft is over 1/4 of a mile away, that would require some damn good aim if he didn't have a good stable platform for the gun. If he so much as breathed he could probably hit a car around you instead.

Ben

Lemme know what you find out. I have a court date, next week on 7-19. The citation says that the officer got me at 90mph in a 55 zone, with laser. However, there was a fair amount of traffic around me. I'm still not sure what I might be able to do to plead it down to a parking ticket with a fine...

from what I have found out it look like NH uses ProLaser III laser guns. Thay have a range of 1200 feet any thing beyond that the beam becomes to wide and it could be picking up another auto.

I did a search online for "how to get out of a speeding ticket". The costs range anywhere from about 20 bucks to 79. They all promise the same thing, your case will be dismissed using their "proven" methods. I will try one of them and post the outcome of my case after my court appearance. It seems as if there is nothing to lose by trying one of these books...we shall see...

Nothing to lose except 20 to 79 bucks~

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Originally posted by benSV
    How could Laser possibly have been used?

If you were the lone bike in a tight pack of cars it seems like it'd be very hard for the officer to successfully target your bike.

I often wonder how well the radar guns work on a bike too if there are any cars around. I frequently notice when I ride by the signs they stick on the side of the road that it will lock onto the car behind me most of the time unless there is no one else on the road.

Ben
    Radar locks onto the largest signal returned. If you are on a bike and there is a car within the same line of sight behind you and not wayyy back there, the radar will lock on the larger reflection of the car unless the radar can track multiple targets (unlikely, in my opinion but certainly possible).

If the ticket says he got at 1400 feet with a laser and you had cars near you, I'd fight it for sure. It's way too hard to aim a laser at a moving target while standing up and pointing it without a tripod (like they do) at that distance.

I can't believe they ticketed for 10 over. Buddhaman, were you less than polite or something?

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    Radar locks onto the largest signal returned. If you are on a bike and there is a car within the same line of sight behind you and not wayyy back there, the radar will lock on the larger reflection of the car unless the radar can track multiple targets (unlikely, in my opinion but certainly possible).

If the ticket says he got at 1400 feet with a laser and you had cars near you, I'd fight it for sure. It's way too hard to aim a laser at a moving target while standing up and pointing it without a tripod (like they do) at that distance.

I can't believe they ticketed for 10 over. Buddhaman, were you less than polite or something?
    I was more then polite. I notice he had two stripes on his arm and asked if he was a corporal and he said he was so i addressed him as such. When I pulled over i moved as far away from the oncoming traffic as I could, took my helmet off pulled the key out of my bike and sat it on the back seat so he could see that I would not be taking off on him.

Sounds like Benson has decided to get more revenue from tickets. Hopefully you'll get a liberal judge.

Jeez, ticket for 10 over limit on a highway, that's just wrong. Must have been Corporal Douchebag.

If you do fight it and it's in Portsmouth court and you see Robert Duscharme Esquire there acting as the prosecutor, tell him (after you win) that Dave Roman said you should fight the ticket...

route 101 is ridiculous with the amount of State Troopers that patrol that stretch between Manchfansico and Hampton. Do not speed on this road 5 over is all they will tolerate.

One dude I know got a ticket coming and going from the beach by the same cop. Now that is singling someone out!!!

Careful on 101. They will sit at the tops of hills with three or four cruiser just pulling people over.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    route 101 is ridiculous with the amount of State Troopers that patrol that stretch between Manchfansico and Hampton. Do not speed on this road 5 over is all they will tolerate.

One dude I know got a ticket coming and going from the beach by the same cop. Now that is singling someone out!!!

Careful on 101. They will sit at the tops of hills with three or four cruiser just pulling people over.

KB
    They used to clock eastbound (beach) traffic by aircraft pretty much every Summer weekend just west of Exit 5 in Raymond. They'd have 20 troopers handing out radar tax forms for those little parties. I really dislike the whole concept of the State Police. They do little crime fighting and exist almost solely to collect radar revenue. That's a sucky thing to do; can't imagine any of them could ever take any pride in that kind of work. If they do take pride in it, they are probably assholes.

i guess i'd better watch out when i'm on 101. i cook down that road all the time on the weekends 85- 90 mph and thats in my vw golf. that road so boring i can't help but speed on it. i have gone by staties going more than 10 over with out a problem. maybe you were signaled out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast