Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

FP2: Dani's hurt, Nicky has a prayer

Dani Pederosa crashed in FP2 and
    suffered a deep knee laceration.

crash.net article here

Without some luck I think Nicky's chances at the title are toast. But Rossi's having some trouble too.

Well see!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Pedrosa's crash is definitely spectacular, they have onboard video of it up on MotoGP.com. He appeared to be in a full on lowside somehow still holding onto the bike and then it highsided him way up in the air in front of the bike.

He got up and was walking around angry and not really looking that hurt.. he must not have even realized he was cut so bad.

As for Hayden and Rossi I wouldn't worry too much about their practice times.. their practice times never seem to reflect their race results this season. They always look lackluster & inconsistent in practice and then all of a sudden get way faster when it actually counts. It would seem they are not really too concerned with practice times, they're working on things on a different level then just trying to go out and do the hottest laps possible.

I don't know Rossi usually has his stuff together from Friday right at the get go. He never sand bags in practice.

Last year he ran consistent fast laps at almost every practice. He's into "total domination" mind game. This year he's fighting to get every fraction of a second.

Nicky though seems to step up his game on race day only even if his practices times are not at the top. Something happened mechanically last race it seems cause he looked good early on then just faded. He said that could'nt talk about it in an interview.
    Who knows?

Too bad for Dani... I mean I don't really care for the guy because he has the personality of a stump. But, I never like to see anyone get hurt. Besides, he will probably win a chamionship within the next few years anyway. I am really hoping Nicky can bring the title home. But, NEVER count out the Doctor. Rossi, is the best and Nicky would do well to remember that and just work to stay one step ahead of him for the remainder of the season.

MotoGP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LRRS#167

Gotta remember too that Nicky rides the development Honda, different chassis then Pedrossa and as such requires a lot more setup time/work. Its a basically a prototype chassis for the new 800cc bike. I think Nicky literally get the bike right just in time for the Main, but in some cases, they can't get it right like in Brno. No question, Rossi is the best, I don't think anyone would take that away from him. Remember he puts that Yamaha in the front when Edwards barley cracks the top ten. The fact that he manages to win with it shows how much it is about the rider.