I just got back from the Yankee Beemers Shoot and Scoot.

It's an annual event where they camp out at a gun club at a lake and then in the morning everyone heads over to the pistol range. Two of the guys are NRA instructors and they had a huge weapon cache. I shot all kinds of guns. It was pretty fun. All very safe and kinda NRA style but interesting and cool. They put on a great spread of burgers and stuff. All tolled it was $15!

Camping was great too. Nice location, right on a lake. They had a fire and some beers. Benchracing ensued until there was a long discussion of high end 1970s stereo equipment. I guess you'd expect that at a BMW event, though. Amusing none the less, if only for its absurdity.

The Beemers seem like great guys, not squidly at all but appropriately quick and smart and nice.

There was the "old guy" there with 500,000 miles on boxer twins. He had awesome kit, and very nice form on his old RT.

The Beemers seem to be my spiritual motorcycling home. In the AM there was maybe 30 people there to shoot, a nice turn out. Really interesting bikes too. There was a Pacific Coast, some old Boxers, various GSs and the like. You don't need a BMW, but I was one of two without one.