Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Lowell Bike Night Check In....

I couldn't make it but I made it home safley tonight.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Ola! Home in 1 piece, But I have a story. Got off 93 and a new 350z was on me ass. He tried to play for a while then realized it was futile. Anyway, after stomping the Z I proceeded to run the bike up to triple digits. Approaching 9g in 6th I come flying up on, you guessed it, unmarked cruiser. Tried decelerating in time but no dice. Luckily he was taking the offramp as I went by at low triples. All I heard was the loud speaker muttling something. I don't think he wanted to chase because no lights came flashing. Amazing! I gotta watch my nightime speeds. Blasting a cop at 120 with the Muzzy screaming in darkness is not a good thing. But fun..............

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

I broke down, glad to be alive, i'll tell the whole story after i shower, i literally have no energy left.

Shoot the J!

I Dance With Will

not a bad ride. we should be going to Hampton beach next time.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Cheese
    I broke down, glad to be alive, i'll tell the whole story after i shower, i literally have no energy left.
    sorry about that. how bad?

"fuckit!"

OK..............This is what happened. Right at the intersection of 35b, 35c The throttle won't respond, shifter feels mushy, bike stalls, oh shit. I pull over to the side of 35b because I don't have enough momentum to make it through the exit.

Sittin on the side of the road for a few minutes, pitch black almost, thinking what to do, the bike won't 5-10 minutes later I get it working. Just enough to get me through 35c then it shut down again. Throttle is crapped, I ain't going anywhere.

Then the pushing began. not sure how far I pushed it, but it was from right before the exit before the plain st. exit, to the plain st. exit. I push it to the exit and meet my next dilemna. There is no breakdown type area. If I walk down the exit I might get plowed in the back.

So I wait 5-10 minutes tryin to flag someone down to drive behind me with hazards on while I push the bike down the exit. A car pulls over couple guys and girls, they drive behind me while I push tat sucker with all my strength. At this point i am over exerted no strength left, some pric comes down plain st. and cuts me off, had to grab brake hard, bikes tippin, I have no strength, boom.

After that the guys come out of the car to pick the bike up and push it to the gas station. I started to hyperventilate and puke. At least I got the helmet off first. I walk over to the gas station, thank the guys for the help, and call up my house. They drive down to pick me and the bike up at 11:15, I guess the whole thing was over an hour.

Damage: Rear brake lever bent, Scratched on cluth lever, and handlebar, a few other small ones in other various places. Throttle, something is wrong. I am soar, stubbed a few fingers strained a few muscles. My gear reeks of sweat.

Positives: Quite possibly my best workout ever. When I got home, my body fat had dropped 2 percent, mostly water probably.
    I am anxious to ride again asap, and love riding more than ever. Hopefully me and my bro can fix the bike up tommorow.

Finally, gave me a bit of persepctive. standin next to the road, cars driving by me at 70 mph, MAY of been the closest o've been to death, one drunk driver and splat.

See ya'll next time

Shoot the J!

I Dance With Will

wow! that's bad. i would have park the bike right there and walk/run to the phone. glad you made it.

overheating problem?

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    FUCK!

Dude, I'm really sorry. I thought you might have gone home, or gone a different route, since you live in Lowell, I knew you wouldn't get lost, so I wasn't too concerned....

Damnit, I knew it too...

Heh, I don't blame ya, I knew in all likelihood that's what you were thinking.

It's all cool. Whatever doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger.
    I just need to get the bike running again. I don't know what the hell is wrong with it.

Shoot the J!

I Dance With Will

yea made the same assumption here. though you know your limit and didn't want to keep up. real sorry too.

"fuckit!"

Yup. I've found it's a good idea to let the others know when you are leaving the pack. Just a wave. That's all. B-bye. Ya know?

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

wow chees man that sucks.
    keep us up to date on what happens.

it was nice putting some faces to the new names.
    Rye, nice ride.
    Ugly-Squid-Joe... well. thats another story KAWI RIDER!

Kham, cheese... anyone else i missed... it was nice to meet you guys. gotta get some real riding in when i get MY bike back in working order. i dont know about chasing you guys at night though, since getting my eyes fixed last year, i get some weird halo's at night, makes it hard to see. thats what i get for having big *pupils* but chistina likes em so i cant complain too much.

see ya soon...

its a high rush i love 2 squeez the triger going bye bye the LEOs

Originally posted by Rye
    Ola! Home in 1 piece, But I have a story. Got off 93 and a new 350z was on me ass. He tried to play for a while then realized it was futile. Anyway, after stomping the Z I proceeded to run the bike up to triple digits. Approaching 9g in 6th I come flying up on, you guessed it, unmarked cruiser. Tried decelerating in time but no dice. Luckily he was taking the offramp as I went by at low triples. All I heard was the loud speaker muttling something. I don't think he wanted to chase because no lights came flashing. Amazing! I gotta watch my nightime speeds. Blasting a cop at 120 with the Muzzy screaming in darkness is not a good thing. But fun..............

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

i got this stupid buddy doing 95 down rt 9

so the LEOs got six cages pulled over so the LEO goes out in the lane pointing @ the shoulder . so my buddy pulls over & runs the LEOs foot over ..... so the limping LEO gave um a ticket

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.