Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Just a few observations!

Just a few observations!

Its only march and i've already heard about an accident and read about another one in the paper.
    There are a bunch of us that have ridden together and know eachothers style and speed . There are also quite a few that are new, some new to group riding, some new to the group and some that are new to the sport altogether.

----- Ride your own ride. You have heard it a thousand times, what does it mean? Even in a group you are responsible for your self and your actions. Don't ride over your ability just to keep up. If you feel that the guy behind you is to close to you, don't push it, pull aside and let him get infront of you this way here you won't feel pressured and you can actually enjoy the ride instead of shitting in your pants when you lock it up in the corner cause you went in to hot trying to keep up.
    We all come from different ability levels. from newbie to racer. People aren't going to razz you if you couldn't "keep up" , its not a race, its a ride on the street among friends. Who by the way would much rather wait a few minutes for you at the next stop light than have to call an ambulance and a tow truck, and ruin th erest of the day.

------ when in a group you are also responsible for those behind you. If we come to a stopsign or signal light and the road changes I.e. left or right turn. and you don't see the 3 riders behind you, stop and wait, due to the fact that you saw the group infront of you take the left, you can lead the 3 behind you once they show up. if this prerpetuates down the line, there will be a bike waiting at the next interchange for the 4 of you, then at the next for the 5 of you and so on.....
    If you pull up to the group infront and there is a problem and you don't want them to take of, start beeping the horn it will get their attention not to take off.

there is a topic around here somewhere on group riding. please read that if you haven't already.

as a side note, if you bring along a buddy for the ride that isn't in the group, either tell him or her to read this stuff, or atleast fill him or her in on it.

We don't usually go over "rules and regulations" on every group ride as most of us know eachother and have riden together . so if you have questions . ask them either here or at the start of the ride. we have all been the new guy one time or another, every group is different. ask questions to avoid a problem.

see you all out on the road

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Re: Just a few observations!

Originally posted by theothersean
    Its only march and i've already heard about an accident and read about another one in the paper.
    There are a bunch of us that have ridden together and know eachothers style and speed . There are also quite a few that are new, some new to group riding, some new to the group and some that are new to the sport altogether.

----- Ride your own ride. You have heard it a thousand times, what does it mean? Even in a group you are responsible for your self and your actions. Don't ride over your ability just to keep up. If you feel that the guy behind you is to close to you, don't push it, pull aside and let him get infront of you this way here you won't feel pressured and you can actually enjoy the ride instead of shitting in your pants when you lock it up in the corner cause you went in to hot trying to keep up.
    We all come from different ability levels. from newbie to racer. People aren't going to razz you if you couldn't "keep up" , its not a race, its a ride on the street among friends. Who by the way would much rather wait a few minutes for you at the next stop light than have to call an ambulance and a tow truck, and ruin th erest of the day.

------ when in a group you are also responsible for those behind you. If we come to a stopsign or signal light and the road changes I.e. left or right turn. and you don't see the 3 riders behind you, stop and wait, due to the fact that you saw the group infront of you take the left, you can lead the 3 behind you once they show up. if this prerpetuates down the line, there will be a bike waiting at the next interchange for the 4 of you, then at the next for the 5 of you and so on.....
    If you pull up to the group infront and there is a problem and you don't want them to take of, start beeping the horn it will get their attention not to take off.

there is a topic around here somewhere on group riding. please read that if you haven't already.

as a side note, if you bring along a buddy for the ride that isn't in the group, either tell him or her to read this stuff, or atleast fill him or her in on it.

We don't usually go over "rules and regulations" on every group ride as most of us know eachother and have riden together . so if you have questions . ask them either here or at the start of the ride. we have all been the new guy one time or another, every group is different. ask questions to avoid a problem.

see you all out on the road

here here perfect sean . please ride safe lets all have a good year. as the famous beet says, i dont give a fuck im here 2 ride ,& have a good time . i hate nazi rules but on group rides . some r needed for a safe ride!!!!!!!! newbees if ya got questions ask !!!!!!!!!!!! im a ball breaker, but i would b glad 2 help & i will say every buddy on this site !!!!! will do the same .

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Just a few observations!

Sean's right, we usually don't go over any rules before a ride, no problem if everyone is familiar.

I remember my first group ride, nobody told me any rules, about fast groups, slow groups or anything like that, my first ride, I got in the middle of the fast group, I was in waaaay over my head, but I kept up, stained my pants a couple times, at lunch time I commented to another rider that I was a bit nervious, I was told that I was riding good and had good lines.... all I was doing was following the guy in front of me and riding his ride...... trusting someone I never met before that he was a good rider...... I was freeking lucky is all I can say.

now, I ride my own ride, knowing that I have very slow reaction I leave more separation in front of me than most riders, and it PISSES ME OFF when I get passed on a straight when maintaining a steady pace then the ASSHOLE who passed me in the straight, parks it in the corner

Do not pass smoeone on the straight if you can't keep up with them in the corners.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON