Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Gaspesie

Gaspesie

Any adventurers ever go to the Gaspesie in Quebec? Group of us may be taking a week or so trip up to the area, looking for anyone who's been there and any information or opinions you may have.
    thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Gaspesie

If you mean 'The Gaspe', I've been there 3 times...

How long do you have...where are you leaving from?

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Yes, the Gaspe. Still in the planning phases. Depending on what we find out will determine times, places, lengths of tour, etc. Right now we are dedicating about a week to the trip and overall impression is the grand tour around the entire coast. But I'd prefer to do fewer miles and see things in greater detail. Just trying to find out what roads or attractions are a must see.
    thanks for any information.

Well, not sure where you're coming from...whether you want to include Quebec City. But, basically, from there, you simply stay along the coast (clockwise). The ride is nice once you get past, say, Rimouski with the occaisional small town. I have always done this ride as a fly by (3 days from Manchester back to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia) so I don't have any real input into what to stop and see other than the scarecrow place on the right, Gaspe Provincial Park, and Perce' rock in Perce'. If you time it right you can actually walk down to the arch when the tide is out!

It's a great ride though! If you have two weeks you could easily add Cape Breton to your trip...

Last edited by DucDave; 09-06-11 at 11:41 AM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Thanks. Leaving from north central MA. There is talk of going direct to Quebec City and heading out from there. Looking at some maps and information, I may try to key in on light houses this trip, they seem to have their fair share. I just like to have a general direction before heading out so we don't end up running around aimlessly.
    Again, thanks.

Gaspesie is great riding. I would strongly recommend taking Rt 299 through the interior of the peninsula from New Richmond to Ste-Anne-des-Monts -- beautiful.

Check out the "Autumn Along the St Lawrence" ride report in my ride reports link below for pics of the trip I did.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

I check that link, looks like a great trip, thanks. I'm not sure we would need a full week from the sounds of it to just do the loop and hit a few spots.