Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Adirondacks Ride, Sat 8/1

Adirondacks Ride, Sat 8/1

Hey kids.

Got another ride planned with my Triumph RAT pack for this Saturday, 8/1, and as usual you guys are welcome.

Meet at the McDonald's on Shelburne Rd in South Burlington at 8:15am (kickstands up at 8:30), or at 9:30 at the Bridge Restaurant by the base of the Chimney Point bridge across Lake Champlain.

Plan is to head over T Rd, then up to Lewis, NY, to stop into a very cool historical site, then set off to explore some roads deeper in the Adirondacks (exact route TBD, but will probably include Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, and BR Rd, and if there's time maybe we'll stop into the ghost town of Tahawus, NY).

Weather is supposed to be awesome -- 80 and sunny.

Let me know if you're interested.

--mark

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by markbvt; 07-29-09 at 09:22 AM.
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Re: Adirondacks Ride, Sat 8/1

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Hey kids.

Got another ride planned with my Triumph RAT pack for this Saturday, 8/1, and as usual you guys are welcome.

Meet at the McDonald's on Shelburne Rd in South Burlington at 8:15am (kickstands up at 8:30), or at 9:30 at the Bridge Restaurant by the base of the Chimney Point bridge across Lake Champlain.

Plan is to head over T Rd, then up to Lewis, NY, to stop into a very cool historical site, then set off to explore some roads deeper in the Adirondacks (exact route TBD, but will probably include Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, and BR Rd, and if there's time maybe we'll stop into the ghost town of Tahawus, NY).

Weather is supposed to be awesome -- 80 and sunny.

Let me know if you're interested.

--mark
    Ahh the road into Tahawus. They were doing some work to the forge last september when I was up there. Here is what it looked like then.

M900ie
    SS750
    69 gas gusslin' Chevy
    LRRS EX #418

Unless something else comes up, I should be in. No promises though, since things are still pretty hectic for me. I gotta get my butt back in biking shape though, and this would be the perfect way to do it.

If i dont meet you guys in NY on Saturday, i'll have to check out Tahawus. I have yet to explore that part of my back yard although i've been over blue ridge multiple times his year. Hows the ride into the old village?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Hows the ride into the old village?
    Really nice, but very remote. The road is twisty and mostly in good shape, but when I rode it recently I kept the speed down because I was fully expecting a deer or moose to jump out of the woods.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

true, i bet there is a lot of wildlife out there. actually, the other day on the way to saranac lake a Llama jumped out right in front of me....didn't know those things could run that fast as he sprinted down my lane. do i pass? do i not....? i wish my helmet cam was on!

A llama?

--mark

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    actually, the other day on the way to saranac lake a Llama jumped out right in front of me....didn't know those things could run that fast as he sprinted down my lane. do i pass? do i not....?
    Not a decisions most riders have to make...to pass the llama or not to pass the llama?!

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey