Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 142425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Re: Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Hey guys. Last night was my first 'Bike Night'. I was there (with my wife) on a Black ZX-10r. It was cool seeing all the different bikes. Next time I will do a better job of introducing myself.

As we were leaving I spotted a couple people wearing sweatshirts that said "802" and had a pic of a bike doing a wheelie on the back. I couldn't make out any of the other text on them in passing. Anybody have any idea what these are? I'm a big fan of motorsports related apparel so they really caught my eye.

Thanks and hopefully see you again this summer.

-Josh

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PhearCVBz View Post
    As we were leaving I spotted a couple people wearing sweatshirts that said "802" and had a pic of a bike doing a wheelie on the back. I couldn't make out any of the other text on them in passing. Anybody have any idea what these are? I'm a big fan of motorsports related apparel so they really caught my eye.
    They belong to a group called 802 Riders. A bunch of their members show up to Bike Night pretty regularly, but we don't have anything to do with them officially. Their members tend to be young and into stunting, and we discourage that sort of thing at Bike Night because (a) it's dangerous on public streets, both to the rider and to other traffic, and (b) it attracts unwanted attention from the police. Also, when we go for rides, we like to go for long ones, not short ones to a hang-out spot. So our aims and theirs aren't all that compatible; but we're still friends with a bunch of their members.

There's a core group of us at Bike Night that are there year-round; you can typically find us sitting at the outdoor tables or, if the weather's crappy, at the big square table inside. Come introduce yourself next time!

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    They belong to a group called 802 Riders. A bunch of their members show up to Bike Night pretty regularly, but we don't have anything to do with them officially. Their members tend to be young and into stunting, and we discourage that sort of thing at Bike Night because (a) it's dangerous on public streets, both to the rider and to other traffic, and (b) it attracts unwanted attention from the police. Also, when we go for rides, we like to go for long ones, not short ones to a hang-out spot. So our aims and theirs aren't all that compatible; but we're still friends with a bunch of their members.

There's a core group of us at Bike Night that are there year-round; you can typically find us sitting at the outdoor tables or, if the weather's crappy, at the big square table inside. Come introduce yourself next time!

--mark
    Thanks for the info. I just really liked the shirts. While I can't say I always obey every law, I believe there is a time and a place for certain things.

Yesterday we sat at the smaller outdoor table for about an hour. Will def do a better job saying 'hi' next time. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by PhearCVBz View Post
    Hey guys. Last night was my first 'Bike Night'. I was there (with my wife) on a Black ZX-10r. It was cool seeing all the different bikes. Next time I will do a better job of introducing myself.
    Sweet! Just look for the beaming red headed guy with the sunglasses and say hi.......THAT'S ME!

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

802 riders...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I like Doc's post for two reasons -- (1) because it's funny, and (2) because he's finally posted in this thread again.

You're welcome at Bike Night anytime, you know, Doc. We all agree on that. You're our friend, and we'd like to see you there.

--mark

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCVermont View Post
    it was great to meet "The Randy from Stowe" last night ...
    Right back at ya there JohnC, great to finally meet you, but don't forget the Annette part of Ranette. Hope you'll stop in for breakfast one of these mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by ranette View Post
    Right back at ya there JohnC, great to finally meet you, but don't forget the Annette part of Ranette. Hope you'll stop in for breakfast one of these mornings.
    Ah ... a portmanteau of "Randy & Annette" ... That's so sweet and cute. When I am in Stowe again (which is semi-regularly) I will make a point to drop by "Gables" during the business hours... maybe grab some breakfast ... 8-10:30 during the week?

Last edited by JohnCVermont; 07-13-12 at 08:36 AM.

Something wrong, officer? Huffer's Avatar

Would love to see Doc at bike night! Not the same without him. Hoping to catch up with you at the July 30th Bomo day Doc.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400
    2019 Ducati Monster 821
    2019 Triumph Bobber 1200
    2016 WR450F - Everywhere else ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
    Would love to see Doc at bike night! Not the same without him. Hoping to catch up with you at the July 30th Bomo day Doc.

You won't be able to catch me...

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Thats probably true but man...it's gonna be fun trying! I was thinking dinner Sunday night. Bring your cell, I'll give you a call.

2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400
    2019 Ducati Monster 821
    2019 Triumph Bobber 1200

I will happily try to impart my knowledge of the track to you. I am usually pretty busy Sunday night but I will have my cell on.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'd really like to do a walk around one time, for which of course dinner will be on me. Screw Adam, he has a better suspension set-up. He's on his own.

2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400
    2019 Ducati Monster 821
    2019 Triumph Bobber 1200

A Track walk is doable but needs to start no later than 8pm I would say.

Going out to dinner sunday usually kills a track walk.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'd really appreciate a track walk. Need to get my markers dialed in a little better. I'll give you a rain check on dinner?

2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400
    2019 Ducati Monster 821
    2019 Triumph Bobber 1200

I want a track walk too!

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

If we bring dinner or have an early and/or late dinner we can do a track walk.

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpecific View Post
    I want a track walk too!
    ooohhhh sorry, unwritten rule new guys get boned. Tuff break.

2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400
    2019 Ducati Monster 821
    2019 Triumph Bobber 1200

I'll have a cooler packed and ready on the trailer anyway. We can work dinner in around the important stuff. We need to see if your bike (NobodySpecific) will fit on my trailer. Did you take that rack off? If so we should be good. 7 foot no problem any longer and it gets tight with the gear loaded.

2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400
    2019 Ducati Monster 821
    2019 Triumph Bobber 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
    I'll have a cooler packed and ready on the trailer anyway. We can work dinner in around the important stuff. We need to see if your bike (NobodySpecific) will fit on my trailer. Did you take that rack off? If so we should be good. 7 foot no problem any longer and it gets tight with the gear loaded.
    Not yet, I was going to prep it when I did the chain and sprockets. Aux lights have to come off, pegs have to go up and back, and the rack will probably come off.

'90 Yamaha XT350

How on earth has this thread died for two weeks??Am I missing a new forum? I know a bunch of folks went to NHMS, but what about Bike night in July/August, Creemee runs, pizza, and looking at a whole boatload of sweet rides? Miss you guys. Florida just ain't the same. That said, if you ever get down here to the Ft Lauderdale area, you got a place to crash for the next 4 years.

And now back to lurking...wondering what happened to all the pics and witty banter about some squid pulling a wheelie across the bridge...

---------------------------------------------------
    - Nothing Witty -

2002 Ducati 998 (sold)
    2006 Xtreme Pro Stock 125cc (sold to JBell)
    2000 Ducati 748 track (sold)

This summer's been weird, Sandy. It's rained every Tuesday except July 3rd and this past one -- and July 3rd Donny's was closed along with most of the rest of downtown Winooski. On top of that, as Adam and I were just talking about last night, it's been an unusual summer for the core Bike Night group too because lots of people are super-busy this summer -- work, new houses, other responsibilities, etc. While I've been out riding my usual amount, I've mostly been riding with one or two other people on each ride this year, not four or five like in the past. And many of them are people who aren't on NESR and don't come to Bike Night. Adam and I both agreed that things should get a little closer back to normal this fall as other pressures decrease.

But the other big reason this thread is quieter is because Adam, Keith, Brent, Tommy, Parker, David, and I, plus a few others, have been using a free-group-texting app called WhatsApp on our smartphones. Download the app and we can add you to the group if you want, but I'll warn you, you'll constantly be picking up your phone to find 50+ new messages, many of them about Adam pooping at work.

--mark

That's too bad Mark, although I get the convenience of the WhatsApp. Hopefully the weather will turn around for ya. If it does, tell Parker or Baggy to snap some pics. I miss up there something terrible. The riding culture down here is squid central....my trauma month was just completely full of guys dying from wrecks at 100+mph in sandals, shorts and a t-shirt. I actually listed the Duc on craigslist down here because the riding is so terrible.

Hopefully things will pick up for BikeNight, Donny's, Creemee runs and all round good-times. Hopefully folks projects can finish up or be put on hold for 2 hours on a Tuesday.

I'll actually be in Southern Vermont this coming weekend as I'm helping my grandmother move into an assisted living facility...but I won't be there on a Tuesday. If I was I'd make the drive up for sure... just to eat a slice, sip some root beer and see some great folks I've had the pleasure of knowing. Ride safe and I hope to see you guys soon...

SP

---------------------------------------------------
    - Nothing Witty -

2002 Ducati 998 (sold)
    2006 Xtreme Pro Stock 125cc (sold to JBell)
    2000 Ducati 748 track (sold)

Want to talk about squid central?

We're all sitting there, I'm eating my pizza with my back to the traffic circle, when all of a sudden I see reactions and hear a bike sliding. We jump up and help this kid out of the road, but all he can talk about is how he has no license and no insurance and has to get out of there. Apparently a car "cut him off", which means a car was going slower in front of him than he had realized, so he ham-fisted the front brake and tucked the front end. He had some rash on his shoulder and elbow, and the right side of the bike had rash on the engine case, exhaust, bar end, brake lever, and the plastics were trashed. He refused all of the offers for help and jumps on the bike and takes off. Apparently while he was taking off some cruisers showed up and wanted to talk to the kid. For some reason, he comes back through the circle, right by the two waiting cops, one of whom was pointing at him. When he doesn't stop, one of the waiting cruisers took off after him. He then tries to take off down in front of the mill, where his escape is blocked by a bus. The last thing I saw was the final cruiser drive off (he called for backup), and the bike sitting there parked. He is going to learn a very expensive lesson I'm sure.

Last edited by NobodySpecific; 08-07-12 at 08:44 PM.
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Now do you guys wanna move it.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X