Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1525262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Re: Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Now do you guys wanna move it.
    Actually the squid population has gone down considerably. We started getting on their cases every time they revved the shit out of their bikes, and I think that's why 802 riders has blossomed. I like it though.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

I'm confused... why would we move bike night because a squid completely unrelated to bike night gets in a wads it up in Winooski? I'm not sure about the rest of you regulars, but I am still enjoying my Tuesday night slices.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Now do you guys wanna move it.
    Moot point. This guy wasn't even on his way to (or from) Bike Night. He just happened to crash right in front of Donny's because a car ahead of him slowed for the intersection exiting the roundabout, and he grabbed a handful of front brake and tucked the front end. For once I actually happened to be looking in the right place at the right time and saw the whole thing. It was clear from his speed and direction that he was intending to head straight past Donny's onto the bridge, not turn in to come to Bike Night.

--mark

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Goodbye wife, hello bike! Father Ribs's Avatar

I passed by there on Tuesday (no rain? What happened?). For someone not knowing to look down the road, they may not pick up on it. Anyone ever think about bringing a placard for Tuesday nights to pull in folks not in the know?

We used to have a banner. Don't know what happened to it. It's possible that Donny's was told they couldn't put it up anymore for some reason or other.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

I bet the banner is still there. Ask Kosta.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Now that I think about it, actually, I think the reason the banner hasn't been used is because it has the event's old name on it. We'll have to make a new one. Brent, got a job for you!

--mark

How was Bike Night??

Pics?

Stories??

---------------------------------------------------
    - Nothing Witty -

2002 Ducati 998 (sold)
    2006 Xtreme Pro Stock 125cc (sold to JBell)
    2000 Ducati 748 track (sold)

Good to see some bike-less Bike Nighters back on two wheels again.

Sandy, I've been meaning to post this photo for months. When my wife broke her leg I took this at Porter Medical Center (Middlebury, Vermont). I guess it actually belonged to the radiologist but I figured you'd get a kick out of it.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

As John said we had two previously bikeless regulars show up on bikes last night. I had been working my tail off getting Foster's EX500 and Parker's Ninja 1000 road worthy. Foster's was finished Sunday evening and Parker's was "finished" Tuesday early afternoon. Foster's bike ran fine and he had no issues even after having his bike sit in a barn for 4 months. Parker had some cooling issues which resulted in his bike deciding it didn't like coolant anymore in Williston. We let it cool down and got it to Bike Night where we filled it with water, he made it back to my house with no issues. Come to find out the temperature gauge isn't working (some wiring issue I have to trace) which wasn't turning on his electric cooling fan which resulted in the bike overheating.

Bike Night was the usual, decent weather and we had a decent amount of bikes. I didn't count because we arrived a little late due to Parker's bike. It was a good night, Parker was excited and showed EVERYONE his bike and lots of people were happy to see him back on two wheels.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Street, 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 - track

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    ... but I am still enjoying my Tuesday night slices.
    I *love* the Greek slice that Johnny fixes up for me and look forward to it each time I go. I will take a another picture of one of my Greek pizza slices at Bike Night. It's all about the small things.

Last edited by JohnCVermont; 08-28-12 at 02:21 PM.

I love it Trouble! Great bike. There's an ER doc at Fletcher Allen who has a 996 I believe. Although it may be a 1098...don't recall. Anyway, even though mine is for sale down here, I'm not budging on the price so she still sits in my garage.

My alarm on my phone still goes off every Tuesday morning, and I reminisce about the sunny evenings where I could roll down the hill, around the circle with the Duc popping like crazy before we had her mapped, and roll up for a slice, free root beer (only kind of beer when I'm on two wheels!), and some great friends. Of course, there was always the winter meetings with little bikes, Breast Cupcakes, Cakes for Crash and French Fry pizza!

Glad everyone is well. I hope the group is good sized tonight. Be safe all! See you in the Future.

SP

---------------------------------------------------
    - Nothing Witty -

2002 Ducati 998 (sold)
    2006 Xtreme Pro Stock 125cc (sold to JBell)
    2000 Ducati 748 track (sold)

Anyone keeping up on the latest post in (802) riders on Facebook? Go make yourself some popcorn and check it out. It's great.

Last edited by catamount; 09-17-12 at 03:08 PM.

Anyone keeping up on the latest post in (802) riders on Facebook? Go make yourself some popcorn and check it out. It's great.
    Do you have your colors??

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Haha, i'm guilty of lurking in there....

My favorite was, "omg turn on speed, stoner just wrecked his CBR!!"

LRRS #313

The interplay between Alex and Doc is pretty entertaining too.

--mark

That was painful to read... to say the least. Kiddies with motorcycles is my impression. My 9, and 7 year old nieces / nephew are smarter than that Rob fellow. If I move back to VT I'll have to prospect VTBN! Mark!! call me! I want to ride with a real club!

Doc and the other guy...well, not much new there. Doc likes to tell people with bigger bikes and no track experience to come to the track so he can ride a 70HP bike around a little rinky dink race track faster. The dumbass squids will say "BS"...but anyone with half a brain who's been riding motorcycles the majority of their lives will know differently. Why doesn't he ask people with 1000s to the drag strip? Or to bigger race tracks? Provocative is it not?

Now Doc, don't get offended / pissy, I'm just bustin on ya. Hopefully next summer I'll be gainfully employed and have health insurance, then I'll finally do a trackday. Then end up buying a race bike. But before I buy a race bike, I'll go to NHMS with my 1000 so you can kick my ass around the track an feel gooder about yourself

Last edited by Slyder; 09-17-12 at 11:28 PM.

Ok Corey, When do you want to go to the Drag strip?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That whole health insurance thing. I'd like to have it again before I engage in such dangerous activities, though I plan to ride this weekend. Anyone know of any "run what ya brung" landing strip days? That could be fun too. Kiss that expensive slipper clutch good-bye but a ton of fun wrecking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    That whole health insurance thing. I'd like to have it again before I engage in such dangerous activities, though I plan to ride this weekend. Anyone know of any "run what ya brung" landing strip days? That could be fun too. Kiss that expensive slipper clutch good-bye but a ton of fun wrecking it.
    Excuses, Excuses...

And you know the whole point of asking dumbass squids these questions is so the will learn and stfu right? You also left out the part where I said I would pay for the trackday...

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Today was a good day to check in on things!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Burlington Bike Night (Every Tuesday from 5:30-8pm)

I don't know what possessed me to write in this thread today but for some reason I just had the urge.

The last two years or so I haven't felt the pull to come to bike night anymore. More or less because of the people that are showing up, like some of the ones in this 802 riders group. I just don't feel the "rider connection" with them, more or less based on first impressions and how they act in the street and around their bikes at Donny's. It's different that the group that was around when it first started. Bill, Doc, John, John, mike, mark, Keith, sandy, Brett, Justin, Tyler, Tyler and a few more that I can't remember right now as I right. The days of sitting around talking about racing, roads, bikes, and just being chill seems to have left the venue for me. The maturity level has dropped and with that, I've somewhat faded into the background in the event. I showed up once this year and the conversation that I had heard in the short time I was there just further pushed me away. I'll downright admit I missed the old group that night.

I know not everyone that still attends isn't this way but its just my opinion and my viewpoint on the subject. I've talked to a few people over the years about this and have gotten some confirmation that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Discuss....

Excuses, Excuses...

And you know the whole point of asking dumbass squids these questions is so the will learn and stfu right? You also left out the part where I said I would pay for the trackday...
    Indeed...tho I myself would be more inclined to ignore them, much less give 'em $250? or so. You can school them on the track and they can crash in a safer environment, but given their arrogance and stupidity, not sure it would shut them up or teach them anything. The real squidly types I ignore, and like JCB said, I have little interest in being around them as well, much less paying for a TD for 'em. I can't really comment on the BN attendees though, as I've not been since 2009. It's a bit of a hike for me now.

No excuses next summer. I'll pay my own TD(s) and take it from there. Finishing my degree and finding a job is my priority till next spring.