Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Computrack

Computrack

Gary,
    I was just wondering what was said at the GMD course that makes you think you will be doing 1:18 at the first race weekend
    I'm not saying you can't do it, because I have never seen you ride before. I hope you do a 1:18 and take first place in all your races. It would be a good start for you and good for NESR, but if you have never raced before don't you think 1:18 is putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Remember to get rookie of the year you must finish all the races you enter. I understand you have to have high hopes, but I don't want to see you or anyone of the NESR racers get hurt.

Best of luck to you, and keep that eye of the tiger

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Computrack

I can get you ballpark. Then it's all about personal preference.

You want 1" sag forks and shock, slight force needed to compress the forks and shock, and about the same rate of ascent as descent. The rate of ascent/descent is personal preference. If you go with hard suspension settings at Loudon, you will get bitten as the track is too bumpy for a harsh solid setup. You need the front end to be fairly plush. As I said, I have a knack for getting it "ballpark" for a 160-180lb guy.

I wouldn't even try to race without revalved/resprung forks and an Ohlins/Penske shock.

degsy

Computrack

Originally posted by kip
    Gary,
    I was just wondering what was said at the GMD course that makes you think you will be doing 1:18 at the first race weekend
    I'm not saying you can't do it, because I have never seen you ride before. I hope you do a 1:18 and take first place in all your races. It would be a good start for you and good for NESR, but if you have never raced before don't you think 1:18 is putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Remember to get rookie of the year you must finish all the races you enter. I understand you have to have high hopes, but I don't want to see you or anyone of the NESR racers get hurt.

Best of luck to you, and keep that eye of the tiger

Nothing was said to make me think I could do 1:18's on the first weekend. All I know is that I gonna ride that bike to the best of my ability. I'm not gonna put any limitations on myself.
    As Far as putting pressure on myself....yeah I am! and I like it!
    I honestly believe that I can go atleast 4-5 seconds quicker than I went on my 1000. Only time will tell.
    It will be cool if I could win ROTY, but I wanna win!

peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12