Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cornerworkers

Re: Cornerworkers

Quote Originally Posted by Loun View Post
    P.S. most of you guys are good about it but if by chance you crash and you are uninjured and not shaken up etc, feel free to actually help with picking up / pushing your bike.
    When I crashed in 11 last year, I was in such a state of shock I didnt even think of trying to grab my bike since the corner worker had it. It wasnt until like sitting on the wall for 5 minutes, finally getting my helmet and gloves off that I was like, shit, I probably shoulda given them a hand. I really felt bad they had to push it up the oval.

Not to mention this weekend when my fucking chain falls off, scares the shit out of me, and one of you fabulous (ok sucking up a little) cornerworkers had to tell my dumb ass which direction to start pushing the bike.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Pittenger5; 05-01-09 at 11:55 PM.
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

if ur bells rung you are better of sitting on the wall or somewhere else out of the way. we have no problems at all with that. No worries its pretty obvious if you are "with it" or not

"Not to mention this weekend when my fucking chain falls off, scares the shit out of me, and one of you fabulous (ok sucking up a little) cornerworkers had to tell my dumb ass which direction to start pushing the bike."

hahah was that you in 6? loose didnt even begin to describe your chain when we got it back on

Last edited by Loun; 05-01-09 at 11:59 PM.
    Add me on LinkedIN
    Buying or selling a car? Free listings - FeaturedCars.com

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)
    88 YSR50 (Street Hilarity)

hahah was that you in 6? loose didnt even begin to describe your chain when we got it back on
    Haha yah, that was me. Im still not sure where I was trying to push it, and you were like, no we're going this way haha

Zip Tie Alley #505

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

From the tranches lurks a cornerworker who identity is unknown and ready to help those in need.

From nowhere they spring into action to help those in need.

Once the situation has been neutralized, all is good.

The story of an unsung cornerworker.

Support a racer. Cornerwork.
    Helping to keep racers safe since whenever.

Photos by Arcy @http://www.eck-racing.com/Media.html

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Man, I think there's only one pic of me cornerworking.....

I get put in 2 a lot when it's raining.....

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

P.S. most of you guys are good about it but if by chance you crash and you are uninjured and not shaken up etc, feel free to actually help with picking up / pushing your bike. It can get old when the riders fine and not shaken up looks at you walks away and goes and sits on the barrier or tires while you are trying to pick up and push the bike with broken clip-ons and no clutch all by yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post

god it pisses me off when i see that. it sucks to crash and i know your hot and unhappy in your leathers, but it drives me crazy when the racer walks off the track like he's rossi and lets the corner workers handle his bike. assholes.
    one of my favorites was someone crashed in the beach coming out of 3, I ran down from 4 to check on him and pick the bike up. Racing continued, he ran and stood behind me... I asked if hed help (since he was fine) and he responded with, fuck that im not getting hit... so I calmly said oh shit ur right and i dont even have armor or a helmet on and I jumped in behind him... he didnt know what to do or say hahaha so i was like lets get ur F'n bike... and I think he then figured it out.
    I just want some clarification here... they teach you in penguin school to get off the track as soon as you can and let the cornerworkers get your bike cleared away. That's what I did last weekend. I was shaken up but alright, are you saying I should have run back out onto the track and picked up my bike?

The workers pulled it off to the tires/gravel. After it was all over I helped pull it out back onto the track and then I pushed and rode it through 3/10 and through the fence.

What should I have done differently? I don't want to annoy the people whose help I appreciate very much, but I also was trying to follow what I thought was SOP.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    What should I have done differently?
    Dont crash.
    I think what they mean is once everythings squared away, and the bikes off the track to help push it either to the gate, or where you'll be waiting for the race to be over.

Zip Tie Alley #505

ya I agree with CEO, I wonder as well. I thought your first instinct move should be to get away from the race line...personally I don't mind the cornerworkers leave my bike there for several minutes until I can safely walk out and snag it.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I think what they mean is once everythings squared away, and the bikes off the track to help push it either to the gate, or where you'll be waiting for the race to be over.
    That's fine and makes sense to me, I just want clarification that that's what they meant.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post
    We had a guy go down last weekend in T #6 who was asked to help with the bike. He said " that's your job " and walked away. Good thing it wasn't me, he wouldn't have got the bike back!!
    If someone pulled that shit on me, I would push his bike over, pull my wang0r out and piss all over his bike. On the track. Then go to hot pit and explain to every other racer why there needs to be a red flag to clean peepee off the track.

Zip Tie Alley #505

it is best to leave your bike if it is on the track and let us get it, we have been running around it traffic for a while and know how to dodge things (if you can dodge a bike you can dodge a ball). where the problem occurs (such as in turn 6) is when the bike is completely off the track and most likely out of any danger at all then it would be nice to have some help picking up the bike if your bell is not wrung at all.

so to clarify... if it looks dangerous at all... let us get the bike or make the call as to what to do.... if it is completely out of the way then help us out if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    it is best to leave your bike if it is on the track and let us get it, we have been running around it traffic for a while and know how to dodge things (if you can dodge a bike you can dodge a ball). where the problem occurs (such as in turn 6) is when the bike is completely off the track and most likely out of any danger at all then it would be nice to have some help picking up the bike if your bell is not wrung at all.

so to clarify... if it looks dangerous at all... let us get the bike or make the call as to what to do.... if it is completely out of the way then help us out if you can.
    Thanks for the clarification Rob. Makes sense and that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't inadvertantly a dick like they were complaining about above.

You saw where my bike was... right on the racing line. So I got the F out of there hahaha

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Rob. Makes sense and that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't inadvertantly a dick like they were complaining about above.

You saw where my bike was... right on the racing line. So I got the F out of there hahaha
    yeah, nobody was complaining about where you were at. But if you head off into the wild blue in turn nine and you are not hurt then you better damn well belive that you are helping push it back out of there...

Right on, brutha. Sometimes if we're short of hands, and your right there and look with it, we may ask for you to help stand it up. We will ask though. Don't assume we want you to help. We may even let you continue. Those of us that can, will do a quick inspection of the bike. If we think you and the bike are safe, we'll throw you back in.

A couple of times I've sent a racer behind the wall and then rode their bike to safety. Most fun was a guy who went down in turn 2. He was a bit out of it so I sent him over to the 2 pickup station. I started his bike, waited for a break and rode away to park it against the guard rail on the back straight.

The look of confusion on his face was priceless!

" In the name of the Spedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen. "

yeah, nobody was complaining about where you were at. But if you head off into the wild blue in turn nine and you are not hurt then you better damn well belive that you are helping push it back out of there...
    I did that once, Ooops. Crashed in 11 and the cornerworker was ncie enough to push it up the nascar oval for me. Granted, Im not sure I was wakling in a straight line so that might've helped.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123