Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Eject System

Re: Eject System

While I imagine it's still a sore subject for some, did the topic of this item come up at all during the rulebook meeting and does anyone know whether or not this item will still be required in order to race with LRRS come 2013?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    While I imagine it's still a sore subject for some, did the topic of this item come up at all during the rulebook meeting and does anyone know whether or not this item will still be required in order to race with LRRS come 2013?
    It did not come up at all. Still required.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Jakes Helmet. should this be a concern??? cracking of the (black) identification marking and the tube indentation into the foam? I'll have to look at mine now.

Eject System-img958021-jpg

Last edited by nt650hawk; 11-02-12 at 10:07 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

just dont crash

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

That is a MAJOR concern. This item should be nixed from the required list. Make some noise.

Paul_E_D

No surprise over on this end of the internet as I fully expected to see what we are seeing now...

And while a few of you are finally beginning to see the light, during the time you are making your noise why not ask for a reimbursement as a result of damages caused by the requirement of improper equipment since there is no longer a guarantee of helmet performance or that your helmet(s) will pass tech at another venue or racing organization. It may well help to drive home the message of how this item should have never been implemented and furthermore, should absolutely be supported and documented within the roadracing community prior to being a requirement in any capacity.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    That is a MAJOR concern. This item should be nixed from the required list. Make some noise.
    I posted up on the LRRS FB page. Not too many replies.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Shit, I just checked my helmet and it's showing the same wear.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    No surprise over on this end of the internet as I fully expected to see what we are seeing now...

And while a few of you are finally beginning to see the light, during the time you are making your noise why not ask for a reimbursement as a result of damages caused by the requirement of improper equipment since there is no longer a guarantee of helmet performance or that your helmet(s) will pass tech at another venue or racing organization. It may well help to drive home the message of how this item should have never been implemented and furthermore, should absolutely be supported and documented within the roadracing community prior to being a requirement in any capacity.
    At least someone finally added something useless to this thread.

Thanks Bergs.

Not that it makes a difference, but I sent Wanda an email with my concerns and attached the photos of Jake's helmet that Jeff had posted on FB.

|

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    At least someone finally added something useless to this thread.

Thanks Bergs.
    Hey, Im no racer, but I know Bergs made these concerns before the season when it was first announced, no one cared, and now potentially safety is directly affected by the device. I think that his initial concerns with this device being mandated are now being backed up with evidence, and you see it as useless?
    Sorry, Id rather my helmet be in top condition for the initial impact rather than the "in case" it needs to be removed.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I said at the beginning that I was against it but would still follow the rules. Luckily my Suomy has channels in the foam so the hose can free float around a bit and not rub. I do have to check my old helmet to see if the lower part was affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I know Bergs made these concerns before the season [and] no one cared . . . .
    I beg to differ....

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Whatever, Christian. Everything I have stated in this thread almost a year ago is becoming a reality or already is a reality. The failure-to-inflate with Lou's device and now the numerous helmets that are showing damage to the one thing that keeps your noggin intact, the foam. I can't wait to see what your helmets look like after 2yrs when this device is recommended to be replaced. Based on what I'm seeing after just one season, all of you can add $400+ to the cost of your beloved Eject system because that's what you're going to end up spending on a replacement helmet when the protective foam liner no longer passes tech.

The difference between you and I, Christian, is that I did something upon realizing that this device was not going to go away. I voiced completely valid concerns last year and right up to this very post. During this time some of you have reacted like complete fkn idiots (you, Chuck, KB for example) and continue to do so regardless of the now irrefutable evidence of my predictions. I do wonder, though, does it bother you because I was right all along or is it because you have no argument and the best you can do is post up that I have nothing useful to say in some cockamamie attempt to devalue the credibility of my comments?

Go ahead and enjoy your compromised helmets.....and your Koolaid.

Eject System-sheep-jpg

Last edited by butcher bergs; 11-02-12 at 02:47 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

id also be concerned about the lack of use (if thats really the case). if the "trained staff" arent going to use the product that they require, then why require it?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Well actually, I'm a bit pissed because I literally just spent 500 on a new Arai a month ago to pass tech for the last round. Not even 1 month in and it's compromised.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Does anyone know if there was an instance where a helmet needed to be removed trackside this season and if so was this system used?

Will be interesting to see what happens this year with the helmets that have been compromised. I happier then ever I have sold the r6 and bought the Sumo bike. Looking into racing nemm this season.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens this year with the helmets that have been compromised. I happier then ever I have sold the r6 and bought the Sumo bike. Looking into racing nemm this season.
    You'll have a ball with that crew. If you can find a small bike, ala a TTR125, CRF100, etc drag it along too, just as fun as the big bikes out there.

Eject system is staying for 2013 and is being implemented for legends too.

Quote Originally Posted by freezinvt View Post
    Does anyone know if there was an instance where a helmet needed to be removed trackside this season and if so was this system used?
    It was tried in Lou's report posted at http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...etirement.html, but didn't work.

For those that might be unaware, most of the better helmet mfg's offer a type of service that inspects the integrity of your helmet. You send it to them for inspection and other than shipping, the service is typically free of charge.

It's early enough in the off-season for you all to formulate a plan after your helmets have been inspected, to which many of you would then have manufacturer documentation of a failed helmet.

Regardless of how a plan gets formulated and executed you all can, as a group, make this go away but it will require working as a team from this point forward...even if that means putting personal differences aside and becoming more accepting of others no matter the disagreements in the past. Another possibility would be to consider a "racers strike" until the requirement is lifted. Sad as it is, if you keep giving them money it takes away from the validity of your arguement.

The stark reality is this, unless you are getting your helmets for free because you're that damn good, the majority of the paddock at LRRS is not receiving free helmets. Those remaining helmets have been damaged as well as the level of safety being reduced.....both occurring within just one racing season of the Eject system being installed. We are now talking about the requirement of a 2nd season of damage being caused and you can rest assured at that point your helmet will be complete junk...if it isn't already.

Send your helmets in to your mfg and have them confirm the damage. You will have documentation that this device has ruined your helmet and will also have a good starting point to eliminating this ridiculous requirement. Remember, it must be done as a group. The single e-mails from individuals is not effective as has been proven time and time again.

Just know that the goal of making this device go away is absolutely attainable. It's just a matter of finding the correct path to success.

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Eject system is staying for 2013 and is being implemented for legends too.
    Great! Not.... Can't wait to hack up a new helmet!

Nice avatar Marco.

|